Where is Swizz Beats on your GOAT producer list?

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I still wouldn't rate his wack ass.

Hits or no hits, dude is garbation. I'm not even certain that's him behind the newer ones with more musical development...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Hits or no hits, dude is garbation. I'm not even certain that's him behind the newer ones with more musical development...

I have wondered the same thing.

I actually like some of his productions from the past year or so, but I don't know how anybody in this thread could be throwing around phrases like "top ten," "top twenty," and "top twenty-five" of all time with a straight face.

Dudes talking that need to go back and investigate the previous twenty-seven years of recorded rap. Get familiar with Pumpkin, Larry Smith, Marley, 45 King and all the other names you have to consider before even reaching Swizz's era. Schitt is ridiculous.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Whatever yall. swizz got beats!

Sure, i was trying to start some shit. But the fact is he has been around a friggin long time. Frankly, i used to absolutely hate his beats. But theres no way you can hate on all of them!

Has he done a whole lp? well, mabye not a whole one, but didnt he do the majority of a couple dmx albums?

Anyways, Im putting him above pumpkin. Or whoever old school dude you guys are talking about there.

I love it when kon gets all mad and starts posting though! haha.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Whatever yall. swizz got beats!

Sure, i was trying to start some shit. But the fact is he has been around a friggin long time. Frankly, i used to absolutely hate his beats. But theres no way you can hate on all of them!

There is a middle ground between hating all of his beats and thinking that he is one of the ten (or twenty five) greatest rap producers of all time.

Has he done a whole lp? well, mabye not a whole one, but didnt he do the majority of a couple dmx albums?

Yeah... those were, uh, really great. Please be serious.

Anyways, Im putting him above pumpkin. Or whoever old school dude you guys are talking about there.

Swizz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all producers from '79 to '99.

We already know.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

I actually like some of his productions from the past year or so, but I don't know how anybody in this thread could be throwing around phrases like "top ten," "top twenty," and "top twenty-five" of all time with a straight face.

Dudes talking that need to go back and investigate the previous twenty-seven years of recorded rap. Get familiar with Pumpkin, Larry Smith, Marley, 45 King and all the other names you have to consider before even reaching Swizz's era. Schitt is ridiculous.

Hey,

To add on to the list of legends that exceed Swizz Beats:

-Mantronik.
    -Fresh Gordon.
    -Rick Rubin.
    -Sam Sever.
    -Jazzy Jay.
    -Howie Tee.
    -Afrika Baby Bam.
    -King of Chill.
    -Grandmaster Flash.
    -Ced Gee.
    -Bomb Squad.
    -Prince Paul.
    -Afrika Bambatta.
    -Afrika Islam.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey,

-Mantronik.
    -Fresh Gordon.
    -Rick Rubin.
    -Sam Sever.
    -Jazzy Jay.
    -Howie Tee.
    -Afrika Baby Bam.
    -King of Chill.
    -Grandmaster Flash.
    -Ced Gee.
    -Bomb Squad.
    -Prince Paul.
    -Afrika Bambatta.
    -Afrika Islam.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Gee, look. Its a bunch of dudes from the 80's. Big stacks never ceases to suprise me.

Honestly, fine, swizz aint on no top 10 lists. But can you really just come in and name drop any old no name dude from the 80's and say they are better?

• I still wouldn't rate his wack ass.

Hey,

-Mantronik.
    -Fresh Gordon.
    -Rick Rubin.
    -Sam Sever.
    -Jazzy Jay.
    -Howie Tee.
    -Afrika Baby Bam.
    -King of Chill.
    -Grandmaster Flash.
    -Ced Gee.
    -Bomb Squad.
    -Prince Paul.
    -Afrika Bambatta.
    -Afrika Islam.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Gee, look. Its a bunch of dudes from the 80's. Big stacks never ceases to suprise me.

Honestly, fine, swizz aint on no top 10 lists. But can you really just come in and name drop any old no name dude from the 80's and say they are better?

Seriously man, not one of those dudes is a no name. You need to learn a little bit more of the history of this music you say that you love so much. It didn't start when you started listening to it and it's really kind of embarassing that you attempt to dismiss anything from before your time as irrelevant or illegitmate...go take a look at the discographies of eveyone mentioned above.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Plus, he basicly pioneered the style of putting whistle sounds all over the place! How can you guys be hating on whistle sounds?

this doesn't really warrant a reply, but : sums it up nicely.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey,

-Mantronik.
    -Fresh Gordon.
    -Rick Rubin.
    -Sam Sever.
    -Jazzy Jay.
    -Howie Tee.
    -Afrika Baby Bam.
    -King of Chill.
    -Grandmaster Flash.
    -Ced Gee.
    -Bomb Squad.
    -Prince Paul.
    -Afrika Bambatta.
    -Afrika Islam.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Seriously man, not one of those dudes is a no name. You need to learn a little bit more of the history of this music you say that you love so much. It didn't start when you started listening to it and it's really kind of embarassing that you attempt to dismiss anything from before your time as irrelevant or illegitmate...go take a look at the discographies of eveyone mentioned above.

Nicely said!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

Swizz Beats > Old School hip hop.

Smashing presets with a hammer > Stealing stuff off old records.
    B-Sides is

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

How high you would rate him depends on who you are, I guess. Real headz? He ain't gonna rate. Dudes who love most popular rap music of the past ten years? I guess he's gotta rate, doesn't he?

i find this notion kinda ridiculous (i also find ridiculous the idea that if someone thinks Swizz is dope they need to "go back to school"... YAWN...). i knows tons of old school people, people who were going to block parties in NYC back when you glued the 45 on top of the 12" who like Swizz (and ghettotech, drum n bass, and breakcore) just fine... i met Hank Shocklee at a dubstep night for christ's sake... i should have asked him what he thought of Swizz... i wonder if he's still a "real head" for liking UK electronic music... i like old school hip hop and breaks and funk as much as anyone... i mean, i Djed Ricky Powell's birthday party at Sam Sever's club night... breaks breaks breaks... i just don't see the idea that liking one thing prohibits you from liking another...

lastly, last words on Swizz... dude def. helped usher hip hop into the Neptunes/Timbaland/regional hip hop era... for about a year or so, his sound was inescapable... shit like "money, cash, hoes" and "tear da roof off" were all over the radio and very influential on other producers for their use of offbeats and weird rhythms... def. for me, hearing those tracks opened up alot of ideas about rhythms in hip hop other than "boom boom bap, boom ba boom bap"... and the fact that he has come back with a different sound (and more hits) makes him interesting to me... i am curious what he'll be doing in 5 years in a way i'm not about, say, the Neptunes...

Plus, he basicly pioneered the style of putting whistle sounds all over the place! How can you guys be hating on whistle sounds?

this doesn't really warrant a reply, but : sums it up nicely.

man, come on. Im obviously kinda kidding around in here yall.

Hey,

-Mantronik.
    -Fresh Gordon.
    -Rick Rubin.
    -Sam Sever.
    -Jazzy Jay.
    -Howie Tee.
    -Afrika Baby Bam.
    -King of Chill.
    -Grandmaster Flash.
    -Ced Gee.
    -Bomb Squad.
    -Prince Paul.
    -Afrika Bambatta.
    -Afrika Islam.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

i know who those dudes are man. Im a nerd, remember? You will have to excuse me if however I will take swizz's catalog over heavy d and the boyz and color me badd.

Edit: I dont know who king of chill is. But I bet you soulman is better than him at beats and rapping.

How high you would rate him depends on who you are, I guess. Real headz? He ain't gonna rate. Dudes who love most popular rap music of the past ten years? I guess he's gotta rate, doesn't he?

i find this notion kinda ridiculous (i also find ridiculous the idea that if someone thinks Swizz is dope they need to "go back to school"... YAWN...). i knows tons of old school people, people who were going to block parties in NYC back when you glued the 45 on top of the 12" who like Swizz (and ghettotech, drum n bass, and breakcore) just fine... i met Hank Shocklee at a dubstep night for christ's sake... i should have asked him what he thought of Swizz... i wonder if he's still a "real head" for liking UK electronic music... i like old school hip hop and breaks and funk as much as anyone... i mean, i Djed Ricky Powell's birthday party at Sam Sever's club night... breaks breaks breaks... i just don't see the idea that liking one thing prohibits you from liking another...

lastly, last words on Swizz... dude def. helped usher hip hop into the Neptunes/Timbaland/regional hip hop era... for about a year or so, his sound was inescapable... shit like "money, cash, hoes" and "tear da roof off" were all over the radio and very influential on other producers for their use of offbeats and weird rhythms... def. for me, hearing those tracks opened up alot of ideas about rhythms in hip hop other than "boom boom bap, boom ba boom bap"... and the fact that he has come back with a different sound (and more hits) makes him interesting to me... i am curious what he'll be doing in 5 years in a way i'm not about, say, the Neptunes...

No, I dont think you are still qualified to be a "real head" if you bump electronica. Especially not from a country that doesnt matter.

Just playing.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Swizz is dope. I don't do lists or have favorites.

• He just doesn't quite register

• I still wouldn't rate his wack ass.

Hey,

-Mantronik.
    -Fresh Gordon.
    -Rick Rubin.
    -Sam Sever.
    -Jazzy Jay.
    -Howie Tee.
    -Afrika Baby Bam.
    -King of Chill.
    -Grandmaster Flash.
    -Ced Gee.
    -Bomb Squad.
    -Prince Paul.
    -Afrika Bambatta.
    -Afrika Islam.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

i know who those dudes are man. Im a nerd, remember? You will have to excuse me if however I will take swizz's catalog over heavy d and the boyz and color me badd.

Edit: I dont know who king of chill is. But I bet you soulman is better than him at beats and rapping.

I think even Soulman would acknowledge that that aint true. Read up on your read ups gawd, the King of Chill brought us many classics.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

Hey,

-Mantronik.
    -Fresh Gordon.
    -Rick Rubin.
    -Sam Sever.
    -Jazzy Jay.
    -Howie Tee.
    -Afrika Baby Bam.
    -King of Chill.
    -Grandmaster Flash.
    -Ced Gee.
    -Bomb Squad.
    -Prince Paul.
    -Afrika Bambatta.
    -Afrika Islam.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Edit: I dont know who king of chill is. But I bet you soulman is better than him at beats and rapping. [/
    quote]

I think even Soulman would acknowledge that that aint true. Read up on your read ups gawd, the King of Chill brought us many classics.

Stop Look Look Look Listen!! Did he do "Survival of the Fittest" too?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Hey,

-Mantronik.
    -Fresh Gordon.
    -Rick Rubin.
    -Sam Sever.
    -Jazzy Jay.
    -Howie Tee.
    -Afrika Baby Bam.
    -King of Chill.
    -Grandmaster Flash.
    -Ced Gee.
    -Bomb Squad.
    -Prince Paul.
    -Afrika Bambatta.
    -Afrika Islam.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

"And I would like to say what's up to my producer, King of Chill
    Party people are you with me? Jam if you will...."

• How high you would rate him depends on who you are, I guess. Real headz? He ain't gonna rate. Dudes who love most popular rap music of the past ten years? I guess he's gotta rate, doesn't he?

No, I dont think you are still qualified to be a "real head" if you bump electronica. Especially not from a country that doesnt matter.

Just playing.

there is truth to every joke

also...its not liking, its rating in the top 10....re read the thread

Just playing.

there is truth to every joke

also...its not liking, its rating in the top 10....re read the thread

You're right. I shouldnt joke around about electronica.

SWIZZ BEATS TOP 10 PRODUCER BATCHES!!!!

How bout this though seriously...

Swizz beats is definitely in the top 10 producers working right now!

I would also like to thank all of you for posting in my now PLATINUM soulstrut thread.

All the old headz came out and represented.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

SWIZZ BEATS TOP 10 PRODUCER BATCHES!!!!

of all time ?

dude ..

dude ..

HOLY SHIT ! you are serious ....

dude ..i mean this in all sincerity...not a joke ...your beats are better than swizz beats' ...real talk ...and if i let my daughter bang on a casio all day..she'd probably throw a hit out every once in a while ...dude is average at best

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Taking nothing at all away from King Of Chill, but I would say listen to the production on the Baritone Tiplove "Livin' Foul" album (probably available on soulseek or some such place) before making it a slam dunk that King Of Chill > Phill Most Chill when it comes to the old school beatmaking. It's okay if you still rank KOC ahead, but I'm just sayin'. KOC did make some dope schitt back in the days, though.

• ...as if giving Swizz any sort of credit for anything that he's done will only serve to undermine the "foundation" of what "real hip-hop" is about.

Pretty much.

• i am curious what he'll be doing in 5 years in a way i'm not about, say, the Neptunes...

so?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Fantastic bump.

Swizz Beatz, quietly shitting on producers in the One Zilch.