Where is Swizz Beats on your GOAT producer list?

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Personally, i think you gotta at least give the dude top 10. Nearly a decade of straight hits and hes still under 30. Its hard to front on that man. post your thoughts.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'd put him on DREAM TEAM 3.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

word?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I thought this was a joke post.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    C'mon, B: yes, he's gotten a lot better, but he doesn't belong anywhere near any kind of an alltime top ten list.

word?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Turn this to a Mannie Fresh thread quick-like.

I like mannie fresh too, but i think swizz is better cause he can do southern records, or NYC records.

I like mannie fresh too, but i think swizz is better

Please be serious.

C'mon, B: yes, he's gotten a lot better, but he doesn't belong anywhere near any kind of an alltime top ten list.

post me your alltime top 10 list or you are terry cloth.

Can't do it. Can't compress 27 years of hip-hop production into a list of ten names, but here are five producers from Swizz's own era that I think have a much more valid claim to a place on any top ten list:

Timbaland
    Neptunes
    Mannie Fresh
    Kanye West
    Just Blaze

Can't do it. Can't compress 27 years of hip-hop production into a list of ten names, but here are five producers from Swizz's own era that I think have a much more valid claim to a place on any top ten list:

Timbaland
    Neptunes
    Mannie Fresh
    Kanye West
    Just Blaze

fine....but you only listed 5. Plenty of room for swizzy still. Keep going.

anyway, you forgot about dre!

Can't do it. Can't compress 27 years of hip-hop production into a list of ten names

i think you have to factor in the criteria of remaining relevant for at least 10 years.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I think Swizz keeps getting better but not on my list yet....OFF TOPIC: Any one else see Avant trying to look grown and Sexy up there?...werd pay those bills strut!

Can't do it. Can't compress 27 years of hip-hop production into a list of ten names

i think you have to factor in the criteria of remaining relevant for at least 10 years.

I thought your question was about GREATEST OF ALL TIME? Why would current championships trump past championships?

I thought your question was about GREATEST OF ALL TIME? Why would current championships trump past championships?

because they are newer. Duh.

Timbaland
    Neptunes
    Mannie Fresh
    Kanye West
    Just Blaze

fine....but you only listed 5. Plenty of room for swizzy still. Keep going.

Uh, yeah, and I left five spaces open for guys that made an impact during the two decades that preceded swizz's emergence.

Just saying: if I can think of five guys from the past decade that have an indisputably better claim than Swizz (and I can think of a lot more that I personally prefer), then there's no way that there's room for him on any alltime list of ten.

This is some real nerd schitt, though. I think I'm gonna fall back from this thread.

No seriously, If theres a producer on your list that was relevant for at least ANY 10 year period, then that still counts.

This is some real nerd schitt, though. I think I'm gonna fall back from this thread.

Im just relishing the fact that i got you this far (no tigger).

No seriously, If theres a producer on your list that was relevant for at least ANY 10 year period, then that still counts.

Timbaland
    Neptunes
    Mannie Fresh

...and Swizz hasn't been consistently relevant for the past decade. He was hot in the late nineties and he's hot now, but he was pretty much off the map for a few years there.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    "Hey fool, I got them SLAPS! Swizz Beats be stealin' stock beats off of Casio keyboards and shit!"

"Hey fool, I got them SLAPS! Swizz Beats be stealin' stock beats off of Casio keyboards and shit!"

Wasn't Swizz actually sued for that? Or was that rumor just hate?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Wasn't Swizz actually sued for that? Or was that rumor just hate?

I heard that Casio actually sued him, but never saw any documentation to prove it.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Personally, i think you gotta at least give the dude top 10.

he used to be #37 back in '98 but recently i'd say he's at least top 20.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    [honest request]Can we have a list of Swizz-produced jams for those of us who can think of at least 6 beats from every other producer named in this thread but who are having a hard time thinking of even one from Swizz? Thanks.[/honest request]

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Where is Swizz Beats on your GOAT producer list?

i have a stomach ache.

[honest request]Can we have a list of Swizz-produced jams for those of us who can think of at least 6 beats from every other producer named in this thread but who are having a hard time thinking of even one from Swizz? Thanks.[/honest request]

They are the jams that feature an annoying nasal voice yelling "It's Swizzy!" and "The Monster!"

• [honest request]Can we have a list of Swizz-produced jams for those of us who can think of at least 6 beats from every other producer named in this thread but who are having a hard time thinking of even one from Swizz? Thanks.[/honest request]

Bring em out
    Touch it
    Check on it
    I'm A Hustla
    Money Cash Hoes
    Jigga my Nigga

also, 'produced' the new york shit joint by busta that dudes were getting sweaty over on here recently.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    They are the jams that feature an annoying nasal voice yelling "It's Swizzy!" and "The Monster!"

Ouch. And would that annoying nasal voice be owned by a homeless Yahoo Serious?

• [honest request]Can we have a list of Swizz-produced jams for those of us who can think of at least 6 beats from every other producer named in this thread but who are having a hard time thinking of even one from Swizz? Thanks.[/honest request]

Bring em out
    Touch it
    Check on it
    I'm A Hustla
    Money Cash Hoes
    Jigga my Nigga

also, 'produced' the new york shit joint by busta that dudes were getting sweaty over on here recently.

That's a lie, he didn't 'produce' NYS, he's just on the hook. My mistake...