RJ-D2 in Wellsfargo commercial

yesterdaysyesterdays 60 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
anyone else hear "Ghostwriter" in wellsfargos new ads?

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    anyone else hear "Ghostwriter" in wellsfargos new ads?

I haven't heard it yet, but as Wells Fargo-workin' RJD2 fan, I gotta say....HELL YEAH!!!

Herm

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    as a fan of both the jesus jones song and kraft cheese, i was extremely excited about the new campaign for Crumbles.

"You're Crumbelievable!!"

WTF!

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    as a fan of both the jesus jones song...

Actually it was by a group called "EMF"...

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    I noticed it in some rom-com my sister was watching (yes..... my sister..) and the elliot smith chorus vocals were replaced with a chick doing a close-ish approximation of the original. Shame really, it didnt sound anywhere near as good, though i think it would have been fine if I'd never heard the original

Since I dont even know what Wellsfargo is (being a backwards Australian and all) can anyone confirm the the advert version suffered the same fate?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    as a fan of both the jesus jones song...

Actually it was by a group called "EMF"...

oh yeah jesus jones did "right here right now"
    another song i like. always got the 2 groups confused.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I noticed it in some rom-com my sister was watching (yes..... my sister..) and the elliot smith chorus vocals[/b] were replaced with a chick doing a close-ish approximation of the original. Shame really, it didnt sound anywhere near as good, though i think it would have been fine if I'd never heard the original

He sampled Elliot Smith for the chorus of Ghostwriter?? Hmmm... didn't know that.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    yup, i was pleasantly surprised. but seriously he's pretty much the only one making blazing downtempo that's commercially appealing.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    I noticed it in some rom-com my sister was watching (yes..... my sister..) and the elliot smith chorus vocals[/b] were replaced with a chick doing a close-ish approximation of the original. Shame really, it didnt sound anywhere near as good, though i think it would have been fine if I'd never heard the original

He sampled Elliot Smith for the chorus of Ghostwriter?? Hmmm... didn't know that.

actually its in the breakdown/bridge, i meant its a sample of a chorus vocal. I guess its ok to post since its already brought to light (evidenced by the change?)

Don't want to sound all trainspotter, just happened to be 2 of my favorite songs, and 2 of my favorite contemoparary artists.

rjd2 & elliot smith

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

actually its in the breakdown/bridge, i meant its a sample of a chorus vocal. I guess its ok to post since its already brought to light (evidenced by the change?)

Don't want to sound all trainspotter, just happened to be 2 of my favorite songs, and 2 of my favorite contemoparary artists.

rjd2 & elliot smith

Haha it's funny because I never really listened to Elliot Smith much before I moved in with my roomate. So the RJD2 song I knew long before I heard that Elliot Smith song. My roomate should dig hearing this... thanks for posting up a side by side comparison.

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    I noticed it in some rom-com my sister was watching (yes..... my sister..) and the elliot smith chorus vocals were replaced with a chick doing a close-ish approximation of the original. Shame really, it didnt sound anywhere near as good, though i think it would have been fine if I'd never heard the original

A while before his first lp came out, I had downloaded, presumably from Audiogalaxy (RIP) or something, what I assume is this version. I haven't heard it in a long time but I recall it having some slight, additional female vocals. Since this was the version I knew, I was kind of dissappointed when the album came out and preferred the first version I had heard.

Oh and I did not know that was Elliot Smith. I always complained when my roommates would play him and act all depressed.