Marcofunk

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited December 2015 in Record Collecting
Is it really worth the hassle of selling to this knucklehead??? Sure he's got loot. But everything is by his rules. He pays you when he feels like paying you and if it's not to his liking he files chargebacks. Which just happen to me. $300 frozen because he did not bother to read my description.
TAGGED:

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I've asked myself the same question. I have never had a transaction with dude where he didn't ask for some shit he didn't pay for (insurance, registered mail) or have some other weird requests. Once he said he didn't want the item and gave me a friends email who would pay for it. Another, he received the record and wanted his money back becuase the record was a "one tracker." Don't bid $150 on a record you haven't heard and we wouldn't have this problem.

But, he always bids high and pays in the end. Even if the end is 2 weeks after the auction ends.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    he received the record and wanted his money back becuase the record was a "one tracker."

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I say this every time it comes up, but there has never been a moment

Raj, you should let him do his thing on the condition that he starts posting. I guarantee it would be a spectacle second only to Pap Day.

HOT

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts
    he received the record and wanted his money back becuase the record was a "one tracker."

So did you settle with him by sending along seven more "one trackers?"

Seriously, caveat emptor Richie Rich.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    edpowers sir,

larger version of your avatar or a link?

thank you in adavnce!

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

So did you settle with him by sending along seven more "one trackers?"

Not MarcoF, but I did once have a Japanese dude who won the that Joe Lee Combo record inform me that he was not happy with the "one tracker" and to send him another "black raer funky soul lp" to compensate. He even listed some possible titles he would accept to smooth the deal over. "Dear Yuki, Sorry, I don't think I should have to mail you my SOUL LP becuase I failed to state 'JOE LEE IS A ONE TRACKER' in the item description."

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

caveat emptor Richie Rich.

haha. i seem to remember dude getting all defensive re: his blind balla purchases. you gotta pay to play..

but really, this is a shame to hear since we just got our 1st marcofunk bid

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    edpowers sir,

larger version of your avatar or a link?

sorry dude......thats as big as it gets ............

• what about contacting marcofunk immediately after he wins an auction and giving him the option of a: paying by money order or b: forfeiting his win?

would it just make things messier?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    yeah, he caused me all types of problems too... he told me EVERY one of his sellers gives him free insurance....

One time he totally forgot who I was mid e-mail exchange, in a matter of a minute... "who are you again?"... I mean, dude, we've just sent 15 e-mails to each other over a 1-hour time period...

Could he be skitzophrenic?

b

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    More likely he's talking to 8 different sellers he just won stuff off of at one time

Sounds like he's not worth the hassle...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Still waiting for him to pay up on a record he won from me two weeks ago. I think I've sent him 3 invoices and he just doesn't get the hint. What a pain in the ass...

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    yeah, he caused me all types of problems too... he told me EVERY one of his sellers gives him free insurance....

One time he totally forgot who I was mid e-mail exchange, in a matter of a minute... "who are you again?"... I mean, dude, we've just sent 15 e-mails to each other over a 1-hour time period...

Could he be skitzophrenic?

Wow. The baller who bids $1000 for an LP, then demands an extra few dollars for insurance? Gets mad when the music on records HE drives up the price on aren't up to his completely fictionalized expectations? And chargebacks when he doesn't like the music? This just gets weirder.

High time for one of these:

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    He takes his time to pay. Only way to get him to pay under 3 weeks - a month are NPB alerts. He sent me 4 frantic e-mails while I was on vacation over Easter. He told me he already had the record!?? I get back from vacation to check my e-mail and he filed a chargeback for all the records he won. Seriously, I know he has loot and addresses in Switzerland and Italy but it's not worth it for me any more.

• Emails on blast:

"hey dude!!!!!!!!!honest people don't must to be afraid of marcofunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! txs i got the lp and i will leave u soon a positive feedback!!!!!i just got another one by the guy and it's soul!!!!!!!! i only have to play it and verify it plays properly!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's all!! tell your friend that marcofunk is a reliable people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! an honest dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if the seller acts properly gets his money and get his customer to get the goods for sure he will be treated as a king by me!!!!!!!!! of course if he acts in another way, eother or he adv. apples he gets money for apples and then he send raisin, well in this case he can only xpect a bloody war by marofunk"

This one was sent through his Beppesoul ID:
    "hi dude i have received the j. davis lp and i txs u a lot!!!! i will soon give u a feedback positive. pls tell your anonymous friend that marcofunk is a serious one!!!!!!!!!!!!! and to treat properly his customers!!!!!!! if they want da funk give 'em da real funk and n ot da shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if they want da soul give 'em da real soul and not the rock!!!! tell him and marcofunk would treat them properly!!!!!!!!!! txs and good luk"

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    He takes his time to pay. Only way to get him to pay under 3 weeks - a month are NPB alerts. He sent me 4 frantic e-mails while I was on vacation over Easter. He told me he already had the record!?? I get back from vacation to check my e-mail and he filed a chargeback for all the records he won. Seriously, I know he has loot and addresses in Switzerland and Italy but it's not worth it for me any more.

chargeback through Paypal or his c.c. company? Whatcha gonna do?

he send raisin, well in this case he can only xpect a bloody war

Shit, that was close, I almost sent him this:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    of course if he acts in another way, eother or he adv. apples he gets money for apples and then he send raisin, well in this case he can only xpect a bloody war by marofunk"

pls tell your anonymous friend that marcofunk is a serious one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

type ominous...

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    he adv. apples he gets money for apples and then he send raisin, well in this case he can only xpect a bloody war by marofunk[/b]

Note to self.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    the seller acts properly gets his money and get his customer to get the goods for sure he will be treated as a king by me!!!!!!!!! of course if he acts in another way, eother or he adv. apples he gets money for apples and then he send raisin, well in this case he can only xpect a bloody war by marofunk"

Can somebody just email this dude and get him into this thread?

More marcofunk emails on blast, plaese.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    To be fair, I sold marcofunk a couple records some months ago and the transaction was fairly reasonable. His emails, however, are next level.

To be fair, I sold marcofunk a couple records some months ago and the transaction was fairly reasonable. His emails, however, are next level.

What good is a post like this without evidence?

Doud enough of "fairly reasonable"!
    I want more demands of more LPs if his need for funky black man soul is not met.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    He better like the funky white man soul he won from me. lol

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    this dudes a tool. im glad danno and ap do good business with him but hes been blocked from bidding on any of my ebay handles. hes the only person ive ever totally blocked. i also could give a shit how much money he has and/or is willing to spend on a record. he wasted my time on three items and if he steps foot in san francisco he wont be leaving in one piece...

...though it was the only time that paypal stepped in and helped me out instead of JUST helping the buyer.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    if they want da funk give 'em da real funk and n ot da shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

...though it was the only time that paypal stepped in and helped me out instead of JUST helping the buyer.

Please do discuss.

• OK, I found some more. These are excerpts with annotation:

ok dude can u leave me positive feedback!!!!!!!!!!!! i am a newcomer and badly need that to still proceed to bid on your goodies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! txs and i'll do da same 2 ya! (this was sent by marcofunk after I had already in fact left a positive feedback to his beppesoul account)

ok u've found da trick, now pls be honest tell me who's hating me so much?? (this was after I told him I knew who beppesoul really was)

as u see after many many many monthes spent to bid and getting poorer and poorer i think that at this time i need a break!!! (this message was from 4-5 months ago, he must have gotten a fresh infusion of cash after he sent this)