Marcofunk

13»

Comments

• Finally he cancelled the complaint... Now I'm trying to withdraw the feedback but can't figure it out.

he kept emailing me about the fact that you were going to cancel the negative. i really don't think that is going to work.

oh well.

he said something about "regaining his virgin status"

i'd like to believe marco is about 65 years old.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    I didn't think there was a way to withdraw (-) feedback...

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I just want to know how this collectro gets his money cause he is killing it and does not give a fuck about a price tag.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

Hmm. I see him as a pimply faced kid who just got the keys to his Berlesconi-grade trust fund.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Hmm. I see him as a pimply faced kid who just got the keys to his Berlesconi-grade trust fund.

I think he told me he was in advertising?? At least someone told me he was.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    he said something about "regaining his virgin status"

Just when you think this can't get any better, it does.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Dude won a secret squirrel auction off of me MYSTERY RARE INDIE SOUL FUNK!! He honestly thought the band's name was Mystery. He gets the record and is like... you did not include the LP by Mystery!!?? just this soul LP on Crazy Cajun that I already have!! ...

Personaly I don't understand your logic when you put records on ebay without mentionning the name of the group or the title. With titles like "Paul Nice mega rare break" and descriptions like "it's the song you hear at 16:23 in his mix CD" I don't think you show a great appreciation for music.

I respect the mystery surrounding diggin and everything, but just because you sell a record on ebay doesn't mean that it's bangin. Who is bidding on these auctions ? People who genuinely like the record, or nerds who wouldn't buy anything that's not "rare" ?

Your description was kinda suspect, if you don't even mention the name of the record you're selling, don't be surprise if the buyer realize that he already has it !

And then you give bad feedback ?!?

Just my two cents...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    lol dude you on that man's website

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Dude won a secret squirrel auction off of me MYSTERY RARE INDIE SOUL FUNK!! He honestly thought the band's name was Mystery. He gets the record and is like... you did not include the LP by Mystery!!?? just this soul LP on Crazy Cajun that I already have!! ...

Personaly I don't understand your logic when you put records on ebay without mentionning the name of the group or the title. With titles like "Paul Nice mega rare break" and descriptions like "it's the song you hear at 16:23 in his mix CD" I don't think you show a great appreciation for music.

I respect the mystery surrounding diggin and everything, but just because you sell a record on ebay doesn't mean that it's bangin. Who is bidding on these auctions ? People who genuinely like the record, or nerds who wouldn't buy anything that's not "rare" ?

Your description was kinda suspect, if you don't even mention the name of the record you're selling, don't be surprise if the buyer realize that he already has it !

And then you give bad feedback ?!?

Just my two cents...

I disagree. Those auctions are driven by the quality of the soundclip. I like them because the value is truly determined by the music, not the title. It's not about being rare, it's about being unknown and dope. Shit, I wanted to bid on that Italian OST secret squirrel on the strength of the 1 minute clip alone, but it got out of my range at the time.

DJ Ferrari

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

No it's not.

I can't get with the logic of bidding on secret squirrel terds, either, but that doesn't matter.

What matters is that you do accept the logic of it when you place a bid on one. If you're not comfortable with that, then don't bid.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    I'm aware of that, but thanks ! I'm not disrespecting him, I'd just like to understand the reason for these "Secret squirrel" auctions.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm aware of that, but thanks ! I'm not disrespecting him, I'd just like to understand the reason for these "Secret squirrel" auctions.

It's a way of generating interest in a record that probably wouldn't exist on the basis of the title/artist alone... and it evidently works.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    [it evidently works.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I just want to know how this collectro gets his money cause he is killing it and does not give a fuck about a price tag.

according to google it seems he is an assistant publisher of a financial magazine/paper, early 30s?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

according to google it seems he is an assistant publisher of a financial magazine/paper, early 30s?

His psychological profile show us an individual with a big hole in his life.

then he would fit in great on soulstrut I think.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Are you saying he has problems collecting records won't cure??

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

according to google it seems he is an assistant publisher[/b] of a financial magazine/paper, early 30s?

Nope, no nepotism in publishing.

the dude is like the Don Quixote of funky black man soul collecting.

"dream, the impossible dream..."

one has to admire the madness on some level.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

His psychological profile shows us an individual with big $$$$$$$$$[/b] in his life.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Maybe sanity is the one thing you can't buy on ebay.

• Options
    MAybe, but I'm sure a Canadian pharmaceutical site can hook you up.

K.