Chicago, BIG. This summer: Grills, Hoops Raers.

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited April 2006 in Announcements
Dude: For Real.I'm thinking mid June.I'm thinking either Wicker Park courts or That One Court Near Dante.Grills = hot food, not cold looks.Bring your vinyl stumpers and your portable High-Figh (the one with the wheels).I am predicting that few of the basketball games will be high-scoring affairs. Nevertheless, the following excuses for poor Game will not be accepted:??? "Man, it's been a long time since I played."??? "Oh, shit. My hamstring." (also not accepted: "hammy (var.)," "quad," "hangnail." Accepted: "groin.")??? "Oh, shit. Rob's hitting on my boo."??? "This is the wrong throwback jersey."??? "My headband is too absorbent."??? "My goatee is too heavy." (James only)??? "This turtleneck is not Regulation."??? "This basketball is not up to my personal standards."??? "Oh, shit. Will's hitting on my Lamp 45s."??? "Chris found a Salt 45 and 2 more Renaldo Dominos behind the dumpster. My shot hasn't been the same since."Let me hear you. This WILL happen.

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    also...

"damn i'm fuckin' off today..."
    "these double rims are wack!"

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Chicago, you disappoint me. Where is the banter?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Lemme know fo' sho' and I'll be around!!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i'm down to try and get the bbq thing rolling again. as for b-ball, "my groin is too absorbant"

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    See, that's the way to go. Feedback is good. Although I'm really starting to think that the Chicago Mafia are only Ballers in the Marvin Gaye "You Sure Like To" sense.

i'm down to try and get the bbq thing rolling again. as for b-ball, "my groin is too absorbant"

Accepted: "groin"

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    to think that the Chicago Mafia are only Ballers in the Marvin Gaye "You Sure Like To" sense.

lol. i know of a few games happening saturdays if you want to get down. no strutter mafia, but good cats nonetheless.

as for the bbq, if you want to lead the movement, i've got some admin experience. really though, we don't need to be drinking to have a good time. lincoln park was looking beatiful yesterday. let's do this.

i've gotta rowboat.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    to think that the Chicago Mafia are only Ballers in the Marvin Gaye "You Sure Like To" sense.

lol. i know of a few games happening saturdays if you want to get down. no strutter mafia, but good cats nonetheless.

as for the bbq, if you want to lead the movement, i've got some admin experience. really though, we don't need to be drinking to have a good time. lincoln park was looking beatiful yesterday. let's do this.

If we have less than 50 folks total, we won't need a city permit. I'm dry, so I hadn't considered booze.
    Chicago cats need to check in.

i've gotta rowboat.

• dig_thisdig_this 279 Posts
    I'm definitely in, if you're still in to making a little something happening. Chicago in June is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, and am just outside Wicker Park. let me know what I can do.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Alright dudes. Since Mr Lucky still hasn't set a date, ya'll come over to my crib saturday, chill in my private fenced in park, drink, dream of younger more athletic days and discuss this. Oh yeah, records too.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Alright dudes. Since Mr Lucky still hasn't set a date, ya'll come over to my crib saturday, chill in my private fenced in park, drink, dream of younger more athletic days and discuss this. Oh yeah, records too.

Oh, kay.

PM me your flyer. Who's headlining?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i heard drewn is in town this weekend. something must jump off!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    i heard drewn is in town this weekend. something must jump off!!

Yes, yes, ya'll. Many of you I'd like to catch up with or meet for the first time. Staying at Thee Temple of Dreas, let us know what's goin' down!

• i cant ball, how bout some roller hockey.
    time to sit back and unwind. get at me.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Don't forget about this classic excuse: "Someone stole my basketball." Always in effect, especially at blink-and-it's-gone Wicker Park.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    ^ I just bought a shiny silver Nike B-Ball. Thieves, don't play yourselves.

This event is tenatively scheduled for June 17th or 24th. Let me hear you on this.[/b]

I just got a VG+ vinyl copy of "4 Corners" that I'd love you all to hear (for the 300th time). What a fucking perfect song. I'd been waiting for my price for years.

...and whom do you have to fuck to get a Nocioni jersey in this town?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    <<----- Has a too-big Luol Deng T-shirt.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    OKeh.

About one month, now. It should be warm by then. Morningstar Farms Grillers are welcomed, too.

Who is with me?

Here's a picture of a poodle:

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

This event is tenatively scheduled for June 17th or 24th. Let me hear you on this.[/b]

If you want to risk my presence, June 17 is the only option.

[color:white] Sonathon, don't risk it. [/color]
    JRoot

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    OKeh:

Is June 17th fine for you guys? RIGHT NOW would be the time to RSVP (yay or nay).

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    What's up dudes? I want to party

RIGHT NOW

but this weekend is cool...

edit:

haha ohh shit, i just pulled a d.castlemania

sorry luck i seriously thought this thing was going down in July... well umm, who's up for a get down this weekend?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    [world's smallest violin]See, here's the thing:

Apparently, I have zeeero pull in this town. I tried to come off as sure of myself in organizing this thing (which, at the time, I was), but I could just see DCast in my mind's eye, laughing to himself, saying "this'll shit'll never work." I tried to bump this shit up and cats dropped off. No PMs.

So Mind David was right. I tried my best, Chicago (sniff, cough).[/world's smallest violin]