Hunting for Nikes - Air Cringe

124»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    There is a distinct difference between people who are able to pick up on trends, and people who are able to measure the merit of clothing based on its inherent aesthetic qualities.

Sound like an excuse for not having Taste.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    There is a distinct difference between people who are able to pick up on trends, and people who are able to measure the merit of clothing based on its inherent aesthetic qualities.

If you're trying to say that I don't have taste, then I'm just gonna stop right now, because that's not a debate with an outcome that is sensible. If you're saying that your taste is better than my taste, then that is another matter. I get mad compliments on my air max 90 id's, as well as my plaid Toms, my Lucienne Days, my Marc jacobs Wellies, my limited vans, et cetera. My taste has a different function than yours though. I don't wear anything that displays a logo--a couple of pairs of nikes aside. Wearing dunks and uptowns mostly goes along with wearing whatever other brands are associated with the 'sneakerhead', or 'street style' image. I'm not into that. I hope that you can recognize that sneaker appreciation is not exclusive to those waving the street fashion flag. You think Toms are lame, and I think dunks are lame. You have a life thats goes with your sneakers, and I have a life that goes with mine.

I'll leave that one open for the hatters.

*G, you should take a minute and go back over this thread if you think you're not defending anything.

If you're trying to say that I don't have taste, then I'm just gonna stop right now, because that's not a debate with an outcome that is sensible. If you're saying that your taste is better than my taste, then that is another matter. I get mad compliments on my air max 90 id's, as well as my plaid Toms, my Lucienne Days, my Marc jacobs Wellies, my limited vans, et cetera. My taste has a different function than yours though. I don't wear anything that displays a logo--a couple of pairs of nikes aside. Wearing dunks and uptowns mostly goes along with wearing whatever other brands are associated with the 'sneakerhead', or 'street style' image. I'm not into that. I hope that you can recognize that sneaker appreciation is not exclusive to those waving the street fashion flag. You think Toms are lame, and I think dunks are lame. You have a life thats goes with your sneakers, and I have a life that goes with mine.

I'll leave that one open for the hatters.

*G, you should take a minute and go back over this thread if you think you're not defending anything.

Toms are not Sneakers dude. Simple.

I have a life that goes with mine.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Double post.

• G, if you think that you're not defending anything you need to go back over this thread. At the least, you're zealously defending your ego from a bit of provocation. Using homosexuality as an insult is super small.

You're just mad cuz I re-posted your cloudicorns. I'm not the one making posts trying to defend my taste right now, you are. I don't know why you keep talking. You can't talk your way out of having bad taste.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I'm all about some shoes and gear and what the fuck ever, but nothing is gheyer than discussing it. let alone, arguing about it on the internet.

• discussing/arguing over music = OK

discussing/arguing over sneakers = not OK?

dude stepped in here talkin' shit, can't expect nobody to say anything... I ain't even here to argue, just clown a little. This thread is a year and a half old.

I'm all about some shoes and gear and what the fuck ever, but nothing is gheyer than discussing it. let alone, arguing about it on the internet.

"I like those tight jeans ur wearin'"..........

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    [quote

I'm not sure why you wanna play the petty insult game instead of actually putting some thought into your posts. You should look up the definition of sneakers. I'm done.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Do you have tribal tattoos?

Ether!

You should look up the definition of sneakers.

• Options

Hemol should make a documentary based on the Cloudicorns???, call it "Skipping My Doodahs" or "Cloudicornication" or something. That'd be fresh.

My favorite parts of the shoe are the magical fishscales in the back and the exclusive Hemol Ankle Oil??? around the inner joyring. Dude WEARS his shit.

I don't rock em that hard. The lining on them is some velour type stuff. I'm glad you guys get a kick out of my kicks.

The Cloudicorns??? are good, I'm starting to gain an appreciation for them. They remind me of many different things, as a piece of art should. I was serious about the documentary too, I think it would be funny but I got a real weedy and untended mindgarden. I've already mentally wrote and filmed the whole thing and it was pretty good, I had a real long sex scene in the middle that was loosely based around the phallic symbol on the forefoot. Cloudicornication, for real.

This thread is a low point and reminds me of a girl bringing up some shit from 8 months ago and getting mad about it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I've already mentally wrote and filmed the whole thing and it was pretty good, I had a real long sex scene in the middle that was loosely based around the phallic symbol on the forefoot.

...involving amplified undergarments, no doubt.

• cloudicorns

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Batmon, for you it's a commodity fetish. For me its an extension of design and aesthietic sensibility into commodity consumption. You are compulsive, and having something new comes before having something great. I exercise discretion, and most of my sneakers are utilitarian. I'm not tripping when someone runs my kicks over with their stroller. People also compliment people on UGGS, and Crocs, so don't get it twisted.

Here we go.

1) When I say compliments I mean by sneakerheads not Emily @ Starbucks.

2) "New before Great" as in Toms......

3) "utilitarian" - U are not Hip Hop

4) When it comes to drawing - I have a Fine Arts Degree....

all i gotta say, is id rather have emily at starbucks compliment me on my shoes then a bunch of sneakerhead dudes anyday.

all i gotta say, is id rather have emily at starbucks compliment me on my shoes then a bunch of sneakerhead dudes anyday.

I dont know which is more fucked up. That fact that you'd trust the taste of a Starbucks Clerk or the fact that you drink that shit. You coppin Jazz CDs from there as well.

"hey Bsides, I just luuuuuvv your Lime green Crocs. U want extra vanilla in your latte?"

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I dont know which is more fucked up. That fact that you'd trust the taste of a Starbucks Clerk or the fact that you drink that shit.

I thought he was just saying that he'd rather impress a girl than a dude.

• If you're trying to say that I don't have taste, then I'm just gonna stop right now, because that's not a debate with an outcome that is sensible. If you're saying that your taste is better than my taste, then that is another matter. I get mad compliments on my air max 90 id's, as well as my plaid Toms, my Lucienne Days, my Marc jacobs Wellies, my limited vans, et cetera. My taste has a different function than yours though. I don't wear anything that displays a logo--a couple of pairs of nikes aside. Wearing dunks and uptowns mostly goes along with wearing whatever other brands are associated with the 'sneakerhead', or 'street style' image. I'm not into that. I hope that you can recognize that sneaker appreciation is not exclusive to those waving the street fashion flag.

gayest post ever.