Hot 8 at 8

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    So no Young Joc or Ray Cash anywhere?

When I was in Atlanta over Christmas, Young Joc was the champ of the drive-time request show, but had not yet been added to rotation.

Are they playing him in Houston?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

You're not going to hear much more from the South up here. Dudes are really tired of it. I can't totally blame them. It's getting kind of ridiculous. Mixshow is regularly like "BRING THIS SHIT BACK TO NY" and playing hours of Papoose, G-Unit exclusives, and so on.

Oh but they do play that Rick Ross thing a lot.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

When I was in Atlanta over Christmas, Young Joc was the champ of the drive-time request show, but had not yet been added to rotation.

Are they playing him in Houston?

yeah, heavy rotation.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Has Chamillionaire's Ridin garnered much airplay in NYC?

You can't escape it down here to the point that I wake up just about every morning with my first thought being "with no regard for law, we dodge em like fuck em all, but I won't get caught up and brought up on charges for none of y'all."

...as well as the unfortunate Remy Ma remake.

Yeah they play the remix with Papoose and... shit who else is on that record?

that song is trash.

not feeling it and yes. too damn much...

AAAAHAHAHAHA! Dude I heard that on Green's show the other night... wait I think I need to post this in the VOMIT STORIES thread on waxidermy.

You're not going to hear much more from the South up here. Dudes are really tired of it. I can't totally blame them. It's getting kind of ridiculous. Mixshow is regularly like "BRING THIS SHIT BACK TO NY" and playing hours of Papoose, G-Unit exclusives, and so on.

Isn't playing shit like Papoose, D-block and G-unit what made people walk away from NY in the first place?

Isn't playing shit like Papoose, D-block and G-unit what made people walk away from NY in the first place?

If by "people" you mean "large female admins" that listen to daytime then yeah, they like the sing-a-long jingles you see on these charts here. But there's a large segment of folks that is really tired of that shit.

Honestly, I'm a bit tired of it myself. I think the south could stand to exercise some quality control with its exports...

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts

AAAAHAHAHAHA! Dude I heard that on Green's show the other night... wait I think I need to post this in the VOMIT STORIES thread on waxidermy.

EVERY DAY I'M HUSTLIN is now EVERY DAY I'M FUCKIN HIM
    WHIP IT WHIP IT REAL HARD is now DICK BE DICK BE REAL HARD

I KNOW HEATHER HUNTER.

THE REAL HEATHER HUNTER.

Why you no answer me question?

Cham's Ridin...much play in NYC?

ARCHAIC:

that song is trash.

READ UP ON YOUR READ UPS!

ARCHAIC:

that song is trash.

READ UP ON YOUR READ UPS!

Lo siento...didn't realize you were talking about the Ridin remix. If it's got Papoose on it, it will never be accepted here in Austin. Had they put Keak on it though...

If by "people" you mean "large female admins" that listen to daytime then yeah, they like the sing-a-long jingles you see on these charts here. But there's a large segment of folks that is really tired of that shit.

That's your record buying public right there. Win the "large female admin" demographic or go under.

That "no fun thug" shit is especially played out to anyone that wants to party. Hate the south now, but there's really no turning back.

Why is this dude so hyped? I can't hear it at all nor, I imagine, can many of the people enthusing over this record, which is really all about the production.

Why is this dude so hyped?

In short, Jeezy-esque raps...

Why is this dude so hyped?

In short, Jeezy-esque raps...

I guess, but he seems about as far of a lyrical stepdown from Jeezy as Jeezy was from T.I. and he doesn't seem to make up for it with Jeezy's charisma swagger. I've only heard the one track, though.

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    Lo siento...didn't realize you were talking about the Ridin remix. If it's got Papoose on it, it will never be accepted here in Austin. Had they put Keak on it though...

bay remix with keak and fab coming soon

[color:blue]Chamillionaire's Ridin Remix Feat J Millz & Papoose has been uploaded to www.myspace.com/chamillionaire you can log on and check it out now. Shout out to Kay Slay for playing it last night.... Look out for all the other official versions featuring Dj Quick, The Game, Pimp C, Bun B, Faboulous, Magno, Trae, Rasaq, Killa Kyleon, San Quinn, Keek Da Sneek, Mista Fab, and more.. and a extended texas version.... all have new chamillionaire verses. Thank all djs for your support. [/color]

i actually have noticed a lot of kids on the subway with "ridin" as their ringtone over the past 2 months.

bay remix with keak and fab and san quinn coming soon

Now, that's what I'm talking about.

Young Shiezle--have you seen the below Spike Lee-directed carpetbaggeuing film featuring San Quinn and JT?

Hate the south now, but there's really no turning back.

I'm not a hater... far from it... but the stuff is just getting overplayed... and there's a lot of subpar shit that is coming out of the south right now (as opposed to GOOD southern shit).

Young Shiezle--have you seen the below Spike Lee-directed carpetbaggeuing film featuring San Quinn and JT?

No sir...but I recognize the dude on the left from Oz.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Why you no answer me question?

Cham's Ridin...much play in NYC?

i don't follow the radio that much, but i have heard it out of a few car doors over the past few weeks.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Hate the south now, but there's really no turning back.

I'm not a hater... far from it... but the stuff is just getting overplayed... and there's a lot of subpar shit that is coming out of the south right now (as opposed to GOOD southern shit).

Gotta agree w/this... I turned the radio off a couple months ago when all the rap songs were either D4FranchizeBoyz or TI/Jeezy rips...

But REALLY... like I said earlier... there really isn't much going on nationwide at the moment, at least not that I'm hearing... its not just the South...

• I really can't stand that Keyshia Cole chick. (she does have some Juuuuuuuuuuugs though)

Stop hatting--Keyshia is the new Mary.

she's a winer-ass winer. I've only kind of gotten into that "only when it's over" track besides that everything she's done is really just too polished, boring, and repetitive (aka the majority of contemporary R&B that's on the radio).

I'll agree that Keyshia is the new Mary when she gets a 15 + year carreer of dope songs and actual hits.

All of Mary's most important work was done back when she was Keyshia's age and didn't sing much better than her, poptart.

Mary is a waaaaaaay better singer. Even if we're just looking at Mary's early work it's a good 2-3 albums, while keyshia has had 3 singles; that's why I don't see where your comparison comes from.

dude, not saying the comparison's entirely accurate (although I do see similarities) but let the girl live - she hasn't had a chance to make 2-3 albums yet!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    [color:blue]Chamillionaire's Ridin Remix Feat J Millz & Papoose has been uploaded to www.myspace.com/chamillionaire you can log on and check it out now. Shout out to Kay Slay for playing it last night.... Look out for all the other official versions featuring Dj Quick, The Game, Pimp C, Bun B, Faboulous, Magno, Trae, Rasaq, Killa Kyleon, San Quinn, Keek Da Sneek, Mista Fab, and more.. and a extended texas version.... all have new chamillionaire verses. Thank all djs for your support. [/color]

Sounds like somebody takes the criticism, "He just makes the same song over and over again!" less as a criticism and more as a fantastic marketing ploy.