Dear Mr. Canal

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
You get mad at other popularizing local scenes, youve even started calling it carpetbagging, it's kinda funny but it made me think:You claim to be down with Dirty South/ NO music, Hyphy, and Los Angeles based Project blowed. How does one man justify claiming all three very distant scenes as his own and get mad at out-of-towners for talking about it?Of these three scenes which one do you most closely identify with and why?What is it about news spreading on these local music scenes that gets you so irate? I have my own suspicions but I'd rather hear it straight from the the lizards mouth

Comments

• Damn son, ain't you got a script to write or a moder mix to make?

You gotta mess w/ *this* cat?

Be easy.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    While I will not pretend to be anything short of thrilled that you seem to have shifted your attentions from me and Cashless to Young Shiezy, I must still ask: did this really merit its own thread?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Adam, Adam, Adam...!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    While I will not pretend to be anything short of thrilled that you seem to have shifted your attentions from me and Cashless to Young Shiezy, I must still ask: did this really merit its own thread?

I am bored at work, and need to smile.

but hold up, werent you the one who lead the cheerleadeding for his comeback just so he can bring his outlandish view on politics and music to the site?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

do i detect the ever so faint odor of jealousy?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    ???Unnecessary beef is more cows to breed.???

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

but hold up, werent you the one who lead the cheerleadeding for his comback just so he can bring his outlandish view on politics and music to the site?

Let the hate out.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

but hold up, werent you the one who lead the cheerleadeding for his comback just so he can bring his outlandish view on politics and music to the site?

Let the hate out.

it's only one o'clock here.

This is the agitated version of "Give me some clown"

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    You get mad at other popularizing local scenes, youve even started calling it carpetbagging, it's kinda funny but it made me think

You still ain't getting it. If anything I get mad at outsiders misrepresenting local scenes...something that anyone should be bothered by.

You claim to be down with Dirty South/ NO music, Hyphy, and Los Angeles based Project blowed. How does one man justify claiming all three very distant scenes as his own and get mad at out-of-towners for talking about it?

I don't claim anything but my own journalistic writing as my own. But I have lived in each of New Orleans, LA, Houston, Austin, and the Bay. And that has given me the wherewithal to recognize when one of those local scene is being misrepresented.

Of these three scenes which one do you most closely identify with and why?

Actually none of the 3. I'm currently a member of the Austin hip-hop community, so that's where my closest affiliations now reside.

What is it about news spreading on these local music scenes that gets you so irate? I have my own suspicions but I'd rather hear it straight from the the lizards mouth

I don't recall ever being irate about it. I just let my criticisms be known. For instance I enjoyed both the Houston and Bay Area My Block episodes despite having some isolated yet significant problems with both of them.

My question for you is: why must you stay on my jock like this?

as one of the many objects of young guzzo's desire, i think i can field this question. the dude is starved for attention. and youre the idiot that keeps giving it to him.

but hold up, werent you the one who lead the cheerleadeding for his comeback just so he can bring his outlandish view on politics and music to the site?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

it's tasty

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Yes Guzzo, why? And Guzzo, plaese to be careful because this guy carries a gun in his backpack!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

as one of the many objects of young guzzo's desire, i think i can field this question. the dude is starved for attention. and youre the idiot that keeps giving it to him.

nah doggie our situation came from you and your buddy shit talking.

you know how the story goes.

Besides I came to a realization that its your own lack of conviction that makes you the man you are. As far as I'm concerned we have no business with one another and you can continue to talk or think whatever you'd like to. After all that went down your words and value as a person mean a whole lot less to me

anyway, happier things

Archaic:[/b] I've gone from a hatred of you based on some of your political views to a fascination with how a person like you develops such theories and ideas and how it applies to his everyday life. If I knew you better I'd document your life and pitch it to local studios as possible short

• I'm currently a member of the Austin hip-hop community, so that's where my closest affiliations now reside.

I'm currently a member of the Austin hip-hop community, so that's where my closest affiliations now reside.

the guy on the far left is totally a poser. i mean, clogs? psssh.

Archaic:[/b] I've gone from a hatred of you based on some of your political views to a fascination with how a person like you develops such theories and ideas and how it applies to his everyday life. If I knew you better I'd document your life and pitch it to local studios as possible short

It would be hella boring to anyone except I guess people like you who help America lead the world in shocks.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    America lead the world in shocks.

ABSTRACT RUDE QUOTE ALERT!

(well, yeah, it's Gil Scott... but IT WAS USED ON AN ATU SONG!)

America lead the world in shocks.

ABSTRACT RUDE QUOTE ALERT!

(well, yeah, it's Gil Scott... but IT WAS USED ON AN ATU SONG!)

Very good, grasshopper.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Yum....Very good, grasshopper.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I deny nothing

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

And?

Archaic is one of the best posters on this site. What has that got to do with whether or not this thread is justified?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

And?

Archaic is one of the best posters on this site. What has that got to do with whether or not this thread is justified?

"best" is a relative term kind of like "soulful music" or "successful attorney"

why do I need justification from you or anyone else to ask a member of a public forum a series of questions?

this image popped up on a google search for "control issues"

Dude....The "Rockadelic Show" was only cancelled yesterday and your'e already trying to get the "Guzzo Show" as the summer replacement??? You Hollywood types have no scruples!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Dude....The "Rockadelic Show" was only cancelled yesterday and your'e already trying to get the "Guzzo Show" as the summer replacement??? You Hollywood types have no scruples!!

who cancelled your show? I'm thinking we got a good 1-2 combination going.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Wow. This thread is so far up it's own ass I don't even know who to congratulate.

who cancelled your show? I'm thinking we got a good 1-2 combination going.

The critics panned it...said that every political thread turned into the "Rockadelic Show" and it was repetitive and boring....I cried all night and this morning I decided to pull a Chapelle and cancel myself.

Of course I'm gonna go on everyone else's show so they can hold my hand and assure me crying is masculine and that I'm not insane....but I'm gonna have to give the $50M back.....sorry.

I'm gonna sell out and get a network show called "Guess My Smarmy One Liner".