that ill sergio mendes s**t

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
dude....puttin Stillness back on the shelf...sayin'

Comments

• is that the one with the Stevie Wonder cover on it?

I got a different cover but yes its hot, that and stillness are the only 2 albums I've kept from the man.

however I'd sell my grandmas gravestone for the raer SM77 LP

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    is that the one with the Stevie Wonder cover on it?

I got a different cover but yes its hot, that and stillness are the only 2 albums I've kept from the man.

No I think you are thinking of a different LP.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

how much you need for it? I've been looking for a good gravestone for a while... you might just get me to pry my framed mint copy out of my hands if the gravestone has no mold or ringwear.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

I'll trade my G+ copy with M- Pony Smell for that GOOD Sayer.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

nah...this one has the deepest brazillian tunes I have heard on a Sergio Mendes LP..no crossover stuff/soul/pop covers...just straight batucada and samba steez

• is that the one with the Stevie Wonder cover on it?

No I think you are thinking of a different LP.

yeah thats the one.

Meaty[/b] The gravestone is in VG to VG+ condition. It's got some hebrew writing on it so it may be a foreign press. Does have M- pony smell though hollar at me if youre still interested

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Love that Primal Roots. And the Satisfaction cover.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    PRIMAL ROOTS is great, but like James Brown I celebrate SOMETHING off pretty much any of his pre-80s LPs... there's a lot of ill Sergio Mendes shit.

• damm i m lookin 4 that!!

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

dude....puttin Stillness back on the shelf...sayin'

i have a colombian pressing of this with an extra track called "the crab".

"canto de ubiratan" on this album is my favorite sergio mendes track by a mile.

• dude....puttin Stillness back on the shelf...sayin'

i have a colombian pressing of this with an extra track called "the crab".

"canto de ubiratan" on this album is my favorite sergio mendes track by a mile.

Yep, Primal Roots has always been my shit. That was the first Sergio record I ever picked up back when I was a baby digger (which come to think of it wasn't that long ago.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

I have a pickwick version of that LP with crazy psych flowers all over it, I think it is called "so nice"

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

my copy of this looks like nobody ever touched it. ever. the record and cover are mint, its probably the nicest condition record ive ever come across....

• dayday 9,611 Posts

absofuckinglutely

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

terrfuckingriffic

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I just wanted to share that I finally found stillness on the cheap. I knew it would turn up one of these days. I've been working too much it's killing my digging. So it was nice to find something at the thrift store right by my house. just sayin.....

STILLNESS has always been pretty damn hard to find

Those just looking for the break should know its also on the FOURSIDER comp as well as a 45 though

That Tower record is one of my faves... as THU mentioned there's also a Pickwick version (short a couple tracks of course) as well as a Capitol press. All have different titles and sleeves.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

I have a pickwick version of that LP with crazy psych flowers all over it, I think it is called "so nice"

I'm on the Pickwick team too. Is the tracklisting the same as on the OG?

I seldom listen to those Sergio albums, but this thread made me pull some of them out again.
    This one has some nice moments, methinks:

On the jazzier side, with more horns. Of course you've got your compulsory Garota/Corcovado/Desafinado, but the arrangements are pretty tasty throughout and there's some really good choons lurking in between the evergreens.

there's also a Pickwick version (short a couple tracks of course)

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts

One of his later slept on Joints from 1980! I heard it on that Cool Calm & Collected CD... FRESH Fo Sho!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned this one:

standout cut is 'Zanzibar' , but After Midnight is another dope one on there, and there are others too.

on ebay right now for $2.99 buy it now? yes plaese.

click for ebay

Stillness is the other one I feel

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    there's also a Pickwick version (short a couple tracks of course)

That figures . I'll be on the on the lookout for the original.