The Burger Thread (NRR)

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
i went out to eat tonight and i ordered a burger medium well...im mad picky when it comes to food...and some of the center was still pink...i for one, get all uppity and bitchy when it comes to shit like that...scared that i'll get fucked up from it....i know for a fact...alot of heads like their beef all dripping blood and suchit got me thinking....how do Strutters cook their burgersthe raer? (i saw the cheesy opportunity for that)well-done?drop some science

Comments

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    How did this thread last this long without someone posting this?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i dont get it

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    How can you say that ----

... i ordered a burger...

---- in the same sentence with that ?????

...im mad picky when it comes to food...

Hawkeye

theres so many inside jokes here i cant grasp

• Double_BDouble_B 169 Posts
    Burgers are one of my favorite foods, I actually like them better than steaks. I always get them medium rare, and sometimes cook them very rare. I eat burgers like this once or twice a week and have never gotten sick from a burger.

My NYC burger joints are corner bistro in the west village and dumont burger in williamsburg.

Burgers are one of my favorite foods, I actually like them better than steaks. I always get them medium rare, and sometimes cook them very rare. I eat burgers like this once or twice a week and have never gotten sick from a burger.

My NYC burger joints are corner bistro in the west village and dumont burger in williamsburg.

i heard Dumont got the dope burgers

i need to check that

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    There should be only two temperatures on burgers...bloody as hell or burnt to a crisp. I like mine medium rare by the way. I rarely order one when I go out to eat. While your at it I'll take some provolone (or swiss) and some sauteed mushrooms and onions.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

avocado spread at dumont is very good, try it oot. Also shake shack is back in effect.......

I like it medium rare.

• i have to remember to ask that the bun isn`t toasted - i think it tastes nasty otherwise..

rare...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I like my beef bloody as hell. I once ate some raw steak to see what it tasted it like and it was delicious. I wouldn't do that on the regular though.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    BOCA BURGERS FOR DAYS SON

Actually, Boca Burgers are one of the least attractive things about being vegan.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Corner Bistro is the joint as is Dumont but there's a whole gang of secret downlow burger spots in Brooklyn. I always get my shit Medium RARE, not MEDIUM Rare, dig?

And raw beef will do it, son. Fucking with that KITFO will do it to you holmes.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    dumont burger sucks so bad, i cannot even express it... a great example of hype... that's not a burger, that's a fucking meatball.... same w/ Diner... BULLSHIT... burgers i like: peter luger... go for the lunchtime special... Mugs Alehouse... their burger is fucking proper... specially w/ blue cheese... oh, and FUCK A BRIOCHE.... yuppie bullshit...

and on a non "you mad , doggie" note, it's basically impossible to get a burger cooked to order in this day and age.... i gave up on ordering "medium rare", b/c it always came cooked all the way thru... now i order "rare" i figure w/ food poisoning scare i will get it how i like it w/ a little pink in the middle...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    safe to say you're not a fan of Daniel Boulud's $29 concoction...

THE ORIGINAL db BURGER
    Sirloin Burger Filled
    with Braised Short Ribs, Foie Gras
    and Black Truffles
    Served on a Parmesan Bun
    with Pommes Frites

About overcooking burgers, yes it happens everywhere but we're living in squeamish N. America, learn to work the system. To a lesser degree it's true w/ steak too, most reaturants will give you medium rare if you order rare, medium if you order medium rare, and so forth.....

Now enough ny talk, I will wax poetic about my favourite local old school linoleum + faux wood panel joint. Golden Star on Yonge just north of Steeles is the spot for me in Toronto. A deluxe homemade w/ bacon and cheese is the ticket. Served in tacky plastic baskets lined w/ wax paper, it is a heart attack special that I indulge in every few months.

• Corner Bistro is the joint as is Dumont but there's a whole gang of secret downlow burger spots in Brooklyn. I always get my shit Medium RARE, not MEDIUM Rare, dig?

I live around the corner from Schnack, which is my preferred burger spot.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I use bison meat to make burgers. It is very lean but still has a lot of flavor and I like mine medium rare, but when I eat out and I don't know the quality of beef they use I order burgers medium.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    those fany $29 burgers are pretty damn tasty but the thing i dont like is eating a $29 hamburger at a fancy restaurant. i mean, everyone else is being all polite eating with the 2 prong fork and weird speculum thing and then there's me scarfing down a hamburger like a caveman. they cant shit out patties like coins and the meat cooks in a weird shape. then they put good bread on them shits which makes it even more cumbersome. good thing a rarely go to a fancy restaurant.

anyone ever been to mosburger? mos delicious haanbaagaa? i thought that shit was GRUB but it could be that you cant find a good burger in japan and therefore a subpar mosburger seems like some gourmet shit.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Corner Bistro is the joint as is Dumont but there's a whole gang of secret downlow burger spots in Brooklyn. I always get my shit Medium RARE, not MEDIUM Rare, dig?

I live around the corner from Schnack, which is my preferred burger spot.

Yes indeed...
    A bunch of those schnackies with onions and Schnack sauce is a fine, fine meal. And their chocolate stout beershake is out of this damn world.

• And their chocolate stout beershake is out of this damn world.

I've been wanting to try this for a minute. I just needed confirmation. Now that I have it, I'll try one tonight.

• I was told to hit up this joint while I was in London briefly and Gaaaaaawd Dam! that 100% Aberdeen-Angus Scotch beef makes the diff

Gourmet Burger Kitchen

• FOOD THEAD= SAN FRANCISCO OWNS YOUR BUNS!

meat-eaters turn your head
    Baghdad Cafe= Buh-omb ass Tofu burger that you can get a variety of styles (I like my greek style w/ Feta & Avocado).

crayayyos

FOOD THEAD= SAN FRANCISCO OWNS YOUR BUNS!

Baghdad Cafe= Buh-omb ass Tofu burger that you can get a variety of styles (I like my greek style w/ Feta & Avocado).

crayayyos

what the fuck is a tofu burger?

seriously though, i kinda like veggie burgers. smoki tokimoto's wifey makes a bomb ass homemade ainu veggie burger. seriously, the best veggie burger ive had.

that M cafe macrobiotic place is decent too but i just cant get with the freaky macrobiotic bread. that shit is nasty.

crayayyos

seriously though, i kinda like veggie burgers. smoki tokimoto's wifey makes a bomb ass homemade ainu veggie burger. seriously, the best veggie burger ive had.

that M cafe macrobiotic place is decent too but i just cant get with the freaky macrobiotic bread. that shit is nasty.

Macrobiotic food? The mind conjures up images of burning man type people bare foot while eating. NOT WITH IT.

FOOD THEAD= SAN FRANCISCO OWNS YOUR BUNS!

crayayyos

Macrobiotic food? The mind conjures up images of burning man type people bare foot while eating. NOT WITH IT.

this is LA you hippy! and the spot is on melrose and labrea. i mean, its like the 4 corners for douchebag hipsters, bro. anyways, their veggie burger pattie is delicious. and their macrobiotic desserts arent bad either. get with it health nut!

crayayyos

Macrobiotic food? The mind conjures up images of burning man type people bare foot while eating Good looking servers with a script, head-shot, and fake-tans[/b]. NOT WITH IT.

this is LA you hippy! and the spot is on melrose and labrea. i mean, its like the 4 corners for douchebag hipsters, bro. anyways, their veggie burger pattie is delicious. and their macrobiotic desserts arent bad either. get with it health nut!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

you had a show at kidrobot? I did not know.............looks good though, congrats.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I do it up medium raer

this is my LA spot for burgers

of course In-n-Out is always an excellent fast food choice

• you had a show at kidrobot? I did not know.............looks good though, congrats.

word thanks aser!
    m

crayayyos

Macrobiotic food? The mind conjures up images of burning man type people bare foot while eating Good looking servers with a script, head-shot, and fake-tans[/b]. NOT WITH IT.

actually my Baghdad recomendation gets a downgrade...It's all about SLIDER BURGER. It's a small chain in San Fran/Peninsula area. Pretty good but what makes it worthwhile is the condiment bar. All you can eat mushrooms, sprouts, a lot of hotsauces (no wetback), hard-boiled eggs; pretty much anything you'd ever want on a burger.

Also The Grind on Lower Haight (Up the street from Grove Merchant). It's not so much the food (pretty good) but it's the service (B-Cizzy knows what i'm talking about)