Post Austin Post

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Ross ?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

Ross ?

fidel like that

• cheers r*ch! great to meet you and everyone else that came by the table and said what's up. Saturday was a blast, sorry I didn't get a chance to introduce myself to everyone, but I did get my face completely melted and left with a smile...

hope to see y'all in the fall, and dig a little more this time.

M*ke

• squirrel audio from the show:

sonning the sons of truth

pointman's find traded into my hands

the song rockadelic hated

mexi-psych heat

the show this year was fun if not exhausting. Seeing old friends and meeting new people was great. I didn't do much shopping, but I did manage to pick up what's pictured below plus 50-60 gospel and soul 45s. And I keep all my milk to myself but still got several hundred dollars from japanese dudes. T*m's right, my wife's very happy. Special shouts go out to Ironfeet, Gabe, nrich, and pointman for hooking me up with a few scores.

random finds and trades including my white whale top middle.

rockadelic (aka my favorite record dealer) hual pt. 1

pt.2

pt.3 plus 3 mexican psych pieces that are

Dude on the left, even when he gets handed cash, maintains such a someone-just-stole-my-bike disposition. And he's from Austin? May the spring season bring out his inner smile.

and to harveycanal/archaic/whoever you are, keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you're talking about. your behavior on this board has always made me think you aren't anyone i'd respect and now my thoughts are confirmed. to come by a booth with soulstrut stickers up and not introduce yourself says a lot to me about your self-esteem. keep talking real big dude. but keep my name out of your mouth.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

and to harveycanal/archaic/whoever you are, keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you're talking about. your behavior on this board has always made me think you aren't anyone i'd respect and now my thoughts are confirmed. to come by a booth with soulstrut stickers up and not introduce yourself says a lot to me about your self-esteem. keep talking real big dude. but keep my name out of your mouth.

Yeah I was expecting him to step up and introduce himself but it never materialized....I was easy enough to find.

I looked on the list of dealers but didn't see a Harvey Canal or else I would have introduced myself to him......maybe he didn't set up??

The Internet can be a great insulator.

And an apology to B*et* aka Pointman.....I met about 12 guys named Dave this weekend sorry for the mix-up.....keeping up with all the SS'ers I met was a task...this place was represented big time!!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

All I said was that you didn't smile for shit.

What an insult for you to get bent out of shape over.

And y'all wonder why I don't introduce myself to the most of you.

Here are some of my finds.....bought about 120 LP's at an average of between $5.00 - $6.00 each

• and to harveycanal/archaic/whoever you are, keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you're talking about. your behavior on this board has always made me think you aren't anyone i'd respect and now my thoughts are confirmed. to come by a booth with soulstrut stickers up and not introduce yourself says a lot to me about your self-esteem. keep talking real big dude. but keep my name out of your mouth.

All I said was that you didn't smile for shit.

What an insult for you to get bent out of shape slightly annoyed over.

i think it is less what you said than what you have said in the past.

say hi next time, i'll make sure to crack a big pearly white smile for you.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

i think it is less what you said than what you have said in the past.

That's weird...I don't recall ever saying anything to you in the past.

• 1. Good to see those Shel Silverstein records still popping up.

2. More beef regarding lack of smiles, please!

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

And an apology to B*et* aka Pointman.....I met about 12 guys named Dave this weekend sorry for the mix-up.....keeping up with all the SS'ers I met was a task...this place was represented big time!!

You can just call me Sally.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Well got back from austin on monday night and to make my long story short, I get back my wife and kids pick me up and we start our roadtrip to the bay, we stop off the days inn in Cabrrilo being it was late and I was beat and I just carried by boy in for bed I crashed leaving my wax in the car, BIG MISTAKE!!!! We wake up early to go up north and wifey gets ready to packe up the goods she walks back into the room and tells me SOMEBODY BROKE INTO OUR VAN, I RUN OUT AND BAM ONE OF MY BAGS OF RECORDS WAS STOLEN AND IT WAS THE GOOD STUFF ABOUT 60 RECORDS GONE MY MELINDA, FIRST GEARS, BLACK MANS SOUL, AND FRESH ASS SNEAKY CHRISTIAN FUNK ROCK AND A LIST OF OTHERS GONE!!!! THAT WAS A GOOD 500 DOWN THE DRAIN AND THE WINDOW WE HAVE TO REPLACE, MY IPOD, DIGITAL CAMERA, DJ COOLHANDS CD GONE!!!!!!!! SO IF ANYONE IN VENTURE,OXNARD OR LA FIND THAT CAMAFLOGE TRIBAL ROLLER BAG ENJOY!

BUT I HAVE TO SAY MY EXPERINCE FROM AUSTIN WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN EVERYONE I MET WAS REALLY COOL (COOLHANDS, NRICH POINTMAN HAVE MAJOR HEAT AND BRIAN WAS REAL COOL AND ROCADELLIC HAD CRAZY LOOKING RECORDS, I FIGURED WHO YOU WHERE AFTER I CHECKED OUT YOUR STUFF AND DIDN'T GET TO TALK WITH YOU AND I APOLOGIZE I WAS JUST IN A ZONE,& ALL THE OTHER STRUTTERS THAT I FOUND OUT AFTER WHERE ON HERE HOPFULLLY I MEET YALL ONEDAY... I'M HEAR IN MONTERAY RIGHT NOW AND IT'S FUNNY THE TIME IF FINALLY GOT TO GO DIG THE STORE I REALLY WAS LOOKING FOWARD TO AFTER THIS MESS WAS CLOSED CAUSE DUDE WAS SICK, ATLEAST THAT'S WHAT THE SIGN SAID... SO I GUESSS DIGGIN IS OUT OF THE QUESTION....

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO HAVE FLICKS OF THOSE RECORDS I LOST, ALOT OF STUFF I GOT FROM THE DUDES FROM CINCINATTI GOT HAD AND WHAT A SHAME ABOUT THE PRIVATE LABEL ISH CAUSE I WILL NEVER GET THEM EVER AGAIN....

I WILL GET BACK TO THIS NEXT TIME AS NRICH WOULD SAY NICKEL SLOTS ARE A LOT OF FUN!!! LOTS OF FACEMELTING ON SAT. NIGHT SUPERFRESH STUFF BELLYDANCING TIME THAT WOULD MAKE YOU CONFUSED 12INCH STYLE FROM HOUSTON!!!! NICE!!!!! I HOPFULLY I GET SOME STUFF IN SF.... PROBABLY NOT BUT GREAT MEMORIES NONE THE LESS.... POINTMAN I TOOK ALL YOUR ADVICE EXCEPT BRING THEM RECORDS INTO THE ROOM WITH YOU... HAHAHHA CRAZY!!!!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Well got back from austin on monday night and to make my long story short, I get back my wife and kids pick me up and we start our roadtrip to the bay, we stop off the days inn in Cabrrilo being it was late and I was beat and I just carried by boy in for bed I crashed leaving my wax in the car, BIG MISTAKE!!!! We wake up early to go up north and wifey gets ready to packe up the goods she walks back into the room and tells me SOMEBODY BROKE INTO OUR VAN, I RUN OUT AND BAM ONE OF MY BAGS OF RECORDS WAS STOLEN AND IT WAS THE GOOD STUFF ABOUT 60 RECORDS GONE MY MELINDA, FIRST GEARS, BLACK MANS SOUL, AND FRESH ASS SNEAKY CHRISTIAN FUNK ROCK AND A LIST OF OTHERS GONE!!!! THAT WAS A GOOD 500 DOWN THE DRAIN AND THE WINDOW WE HAVE TO REPLACE, MY IPOD, DIGITAL CAMERA, DJ COOLHANDS CD GONE!!!!!!!! SO IF ANYONE IN VENTURE,OXNARD OR LA FIND THAT CAMAFLOGE TRIBAL ROLLER BAG ENJOY!

BUT I HAVE TO SAY MY EXPERINCE FROM AUSTIN WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN EVERYONE I MET WAS REALLY COOL (COOLHANDS, NRICH POINTMAN HAVE MAJOR HEAT AND BRIAN WAS REAL COOL AND ROCADELLIC HAD CRAZY LOOKING RECORDS, I FIGURED WHO YOU WHERE AFTER I CHECKED OUT YOUR STUFF AND DIDN'T GET TO TALK WITH YOU AND I APOLOGIZE I WAS JUST IN A ZONE,& ALL THE OTHER STRUTTERS THAT I FOUND OUT AFTER WHERE ON HERE HOPFULLLY I MEET YALL ONEDAY... I'M HEAR IN MONTERAY RIGHT NOW AND IT'S FUNNY THE TIME IF FINALLY GOT TO GO DIG THE STORE I REALLY WAS LOOKING FOWARD TO AFTER THIS MESS WAS CLOSED CAUSE DUDE WAS SICK, ATLEAST THAT'S WHAT THE SIGN SAID... SO I GUESSS DIGGIN IS OUT OF THE QUESTION....

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO HAVE FLICKS OF THOSE RECORDS I LOST, ALOT OF STUFF I GOT FROM THE DUDES FROM CINCINATTI GOT HAD AND WHAT A SHAME ABOUT THE PRIVATE LABEL ISH CAUSE I WILL NEVER GET THEM EVER AGAIN....

I WILL GET BACK TO THIS NEXT TIME AS NRICH WOULD SAY NICKEL SLOTS ARE A LOT OF FUN!!! LOTS OF FACEMELTING ON SAT. NIGHT SUPERFRESH STUFF BELLYDANCING TIME THAT WOULD MAKE YOU CONFUSED 12INCH STYLE FROM HOUSTON!!!! NICE!!!!! I HOPFULLY I GET SOME STUFF IN SF.... PROBABLY NOT BUT GREAT MEMORIES NONE THE LESS.... POINTMAN I TOOK ALL YOUR ADVICE EXCEPT BRING THEM RECORDS INTO THE ROOM WITH YOU... HAHAHHA CRAZY!!!!

Man, that's rough. It's endearing that you keep positive due to the great experiences you had in Austin. I probably couldn't do that. Sorry... hopefully karma will pay a visit.

• Well got back from austin on monday night and to make my long story short, I get back my wife and kids pick me up and we start our roadtrip to the bay, we stop off the days inn in Cabrrilo being it was late and I was beat and I just carried by boy in for bed I crashed leaving my wax in the car, BIG MISTAKE!!!! We wake up early to go up north and wifey gets ready to packe up the goods she walks back into the room and tells me SOMEBODY BROKE INTO OUR VAN, I RUN OUT AND BAM ONE OF MY BAGS OF RECORDS WAS STOLEN AND IT WAS THE GOOD STUFF ABOUT 60 RECORDS GONE MY MELINDA, FIRST GEARS, BLACK MANS SOUL, AND FRESH ASS SNEAKY CHRISTIAN FUNK ROCK AND A LIST OF OTHERS GONE!!!! THAT WAS A GOOD 500 DOWN THE DRAIN AND THE WINDOW WE HAVE TO REPLACE, MY IPOD, DIGITAL CAMERA, DJ COOLHANDS CD GONE!!!!!!!! SO IF ANYONE IN VENTURE,OXNARD OR LA FIND THAT CAMAFLOGE TRIBAL ROLLER BAG ENJOY!

DOOD!

if you need a tough guy in a jean jacket with a Run-DMC pin to regulate just ask

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

God damn that sucks man, sorry to hear that. Well at least you and your family are okay, records unfortunately come and go. We all should have picked a much lighter hobby, like collecting rare feathers or some shit.

• Well got back from austin on monday night and to make my long story short, I get back my wife and kids pick me up and we start our roadtrip to the bay, we stop off the days inn in Cabrrilo being it was late and I was beat and I just carried by boy in for bed I crashed leaving my wax in the car, BIG MISTAKE!!!! We wake up early to go up north and wifey gets ready to packe up the goods she walks back into the room and tells me SOMEBODY BROKE INTO OUR VAN, I RUN OUT AND BAM ONE OF MY BAGS OF RECORDS WAS STOLEN AND IT WAS THE GOOD STUFF ABOUT 60 RECORDS GONE MY MELINDA, FIRST GEARS, BLACK MANS SOUL, AND FRESH ASS SNEAKY CHRISTIAN FUNK ROCK AND A LIST OF OTHERS GONE!!!! THAT WAS A GOOD 500 DOWN THE DRAIN AND THE WINDOW WE HAVE TO REPLACE, MY IPOD, DIGITAL CAMERA, DJ COOLHANDS CD GONE!!!!!!!! SO IF ANYONE IN VENTURE,OXNARD OR LA FIND THAT CAMAFLOGE TRIBAL ROLLER BAG ENJOY!

FUCK THAT SHIT!

DAMMIT MAN, I HATE IT FOR YOU.

Ironfeet is Dude y'all. Send some karmic waves out for the man.

Stay up.

Damn......really strange that they would pick up the bag of raers?? Musta followed you all the way from Austin. And I look forward to meeting you next time you come down. Hope you can replace the missing valuables without too much hassle.

Rich

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    oh man, that is awful! They got everything?
    that is a seriously bad turn, terribly sorry to hear that man. May bad luck befall the perpetrator.
    Have you put in words to the local shops? Will your insurance cover the replaceables?

It was good to get to meet up and hang out though for real, you should make it out to Texas again. Ironfeet is a truly nice guy and should be the last person this should happen to.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    first off Ironfeet that does suck my man. My heart goes out to you on that one. Seems like your head is in the right place though, as you don't seem too bent out of shape. We'll all pitch in and grab you a Rare next time.

My wrap up.... nice show all around. Seeing everybody again was great. The usual cast of characters are always on point with their records and the fact that everybody is truly good people. Honestly, seeing everybody score some good Rares for cheap was cool. I scored, Nrich did, Chris, Aleit, Rockadelic and pretty well everybody else as well. MC Sweet is my regret at not picking it out..... you know who you are, you finder of the good gospel hip-hop....I shall have my revenge..

Again, it was great seeing all the familiar faces, and nice to meet some new ones. Looking forward to seeing everyone again in the fall.

Cheers,

Aaron

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Woord, thanks for the kind word folks! I HOPE I CAN MAKE IT IT OVER THEIR NEXTIME... WHY THIS HAPPENED I DON'T KNOW BUT I LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS: MAYBE I WAS DELEYED TO AVOID A BAD ACCIDENT ON THE FREEWAY CAUSE THAT RAIN AIN'T FUN... YOU NEVER KNOW??? BUT I DO HAVE A BAG OF WAX LEFT JUST OKAY NOTHING TO SPECIAL EXCEPT FOR THE NICKEL SLOT FUN STUFF I STILL HAVE THAT AND A BIG THANKS TO NRICH FOR THAT I WAS AVOIDING 45'S CAUSSE I DON'T LIKE GETTING CAUGHT UP ON TIME BUT I FORGOT HOW MUCH TIME I REALLY HAD AND NRICH WAS LIKE DUDE THERES SOME GOOD SOUL STUFF AND I WAS LIKE WORD!!! AND HE HOOKED IT UP WITH AN INSTANT RAP INST. THANKS! AND MAN I FOUND SOME COOL STUFF AND BIG UP TO COOLHANDS AS WELL FOR SOME GOSPEL TIPS! I FOUND SOME VERY COOL MODERN SOUL ISH ON 45 TOO NICE!!!! AND POINTMAN AHAHAHH DUDE KNOWS HOW TO BELLYDANCE FOR HIS SULTAN!!! BRIAN WAS ALSO VERY FREINDLY WHEN WE BUMPED INTO EACH OTHER, NEXTIME I'M WEARING SPEEDOS ETC... OFF TO SF NOW!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    those are tough records to NOT miss. san diego does NOT have that many record stores. im sure you go to all the record shows as well so shit cant pop up there. ebay? that would be foolish too especially when most folks write where theyre located and that many top records would be written about here on the strut by some knucklehead blowing up ebay shit...

that sucks cuz... good luck with that.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

Wacky doll lady......classic Austin

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• jesus is that dude.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Waxploitation, Austin TX
    march 31

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

Wacky doll lady......classic Austin

Take that Fife shi*t to the Lifestyle '06 thread.