Post Austin Post

13»

Comments

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

Jesus Christ look at us! Beautiful women all around and we are standing in back trying to make deals after doing that since the morning.

Of course I was smiling because I was telling them "no I won't trade you that either." I'm a sadist.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

Worst look goes to the guy who approached the dude looking through the disco crate at my booth, interupted him, and said "Hey, we're selling disco records down at my booth on special."

not sure who you're 'calling out' on this, but if it was Sunday there were a few people that wanted a heads up before I closed up and discounted stock.
    This may have been the case if that dude was at your table, not some petty attempt to swipe business.
    If that wasn't you then disregard and carry on.

• iconicon 86 Posts

Worst look goes to the guy who approached the dude looking through the disco crate at my booth, interupted him, and said "Hey, we're selling disco records down at my booth on special."

not sure who you're 'calling out' on this, but if it was Sunday there were a few people that wanted a heads up before I closed up and discounted stock.
    This may have been the case if that dude was at your table, not some petty attempt to swipe business.

Wasn't necessarily trying to call you out, just to say that it wasn't appreciated since we don't know each other. But if the guy requested such, then I retract my statement and apologize.

There wasn't 1 seller I didn't look through and I gladly forwarded people on to various booths that I thought may interest them, so at the time, I thought it was unnecessary. I knew you were selling disco 12's, and since there were only a few of us doing so, sent people on if I thought they'd be interested.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

Wasn't necessarily trying to call you out, just to say that it wasn't appreciated since we don't know each other. But if the guy requested such, then I retract my statement and apologize.

There wasn't 1 seller I didn't look through and I gladly forwarded people on to various booths that I thought may interest them, so at the time, I thought it was unnecessary. I knew you were selling disco 12's, and since there were only a few of us doing so, sent people on if I thought they'd be interested.

true, there were only a handful of disco sellers so I was pretty sure that was the situation you were talking about. Yeah, I just gave him a heads up like he requested, sorry about the ambiguity of that. I sent a few folks to your table as well the day before that were looking for things I didn't have (you had the white crates, right?). If you're are setting up next show I'll have to stop by and introduce myself.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Na*h*n...just realized what this shot was....I'm holding what had to be the rarest LP at the show. It was called "Atlantic Coast Show" by The Creations & Donald Parker. From North Carolina around '65-'67 by this five piece black soul group with some cuts being sung by the very white and very dorky looking Donald Parker. Looks like one of those Justice label LP's but is on some one-off private label. Ultra Ultra rare as none of the heavies at the show had ever seen or heard of it. Wish I had taken a photo of the cover.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

Na*h*n...just realized what this shot was....I'm holding what had to be the rarest LP at the show. It was called "Atlantic Coast Show" by The Creations & Donald Parker. From North Carolina around '65-'67 by this five piece black soul group with some cuts being sung by the very white and very dorky looking Donald Parker. Looks like one of those Justice label LP's but is on some one-off private label. Ultra Ultra rare as none of the heavies at the show had ever seen or heard of it. Wish I had taken a photo of the cover.

I'm assuming it's good.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I'm assuming it's good.

I only listened to one track...it was a sweet soul original....pretty good but bad recording quality.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

stuttgart crew breaks into a sweat over allman bro raers

my dealers! my people. i've spend my whole second semester inside their shop listening to all their Jazz and Soul records. Actually it's not their shop. But those dudes are very cool. My Stuttgart friends see the tall sweaty guy (great beer belly - RESPECT) all the time. Being very drunk at a bar. Haha! Last time, they bought 3,500+ records in Austin! Boxes full of records.

Thanks for the pictures, coffinjoe! Seems like Austin was fun. I hope I can go to the next Utrecht fair. We'll meet one day.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts

stuttgart crew breaks into a sweat over allman bro raers

my dealers! my people. i've spend my whole second semester inside their shop listening to all their Jazz and Soul records. Actually it's not their shop. But those dudes are very cool. My Stuttgart friends see the tall sweaty guy (great beer belly - RESPECT) all the time. Being very drunk at a bar. Haha! Last time, they bought 3,500+ records in Austin! Boxes full of records.

Thanks for the pictures, coffinjoe! Seems like Austin was fun. I hope I can go to the next Utrecht fair. We'll meet one day.

those guys are top shelf cats.....definitely some nice dudes to talk to and they can source out some good records. Top remarks about them!!!!

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

those guys are top shelf cats.....definitely some nice dudes to talk to and they can source out some good records. Top remarks about them!!!!

co-sign, very nice doods,
    Grope, i mentioned you to them again

they were at polva's saturday nite,
    drinking beers instead of magaritas
    like me
    (thanx again rockadelic & bro !)

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I'm holding what had to be the rarest LP at the show. It was called "Atlantic Coast Show" by The Creations & Donald Parker. From North Carolina around '65-'67 by this five piece black soul group with some cuts being sung by the very white and very dorky looking Donald Parker. Looks like one of those Justice label LP's but is on some one-off private label. Ultra Ultra rare as none of the heavies at the show had ever seen or heard of it. Wish I had taken a photo of the cover. [/b]

I'm assuming it's good.

I only listened to one track...it was a sweet soul original....pretty good but bad recording quality.

NC vinyl little dude to the rescue

Found in a NC flea market last year or so for $2. Big surprise there.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

co-sign, very nice doods,
    Grope, i mentioned you to them again

they were at polva's saturday nite,
    drinking beers instead of magaritas
    like me
    (thanx again rockadelic & bro !)

I don't know what to think of their record knowledge. They know stuff I don't know - I know stuff they don't know. They don't know what I'm looking for - I don't know what they are looking for. Strange situation. I wish I could work at their store. My knowledge and theirs combined would be perfect... (not saying that I'm an expert at any musical genre). Their other co-workers are kinda "strange" and don't know ish though...

I'll see them tomorrow. Either inside their store or at the Ugly Duckling concert in Stuttgart (Einstein, put me on the guest list if you read this! Your pm box is full and your old email doesn't work).

I'll talk to them. Strange! The internet is BIG. Connecting people. Great thing!