Mac users post #4080

HankScorpioHankScorpio 163 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Hi All,

I recently purchased a Powerbook G4. I love it, and am glad to be able to use a Mac again, up until now I've only been working on them when I was in school.

There's one program I was using on PC that I really miss though. Adobe Audition. I wasn't using it for beats/loops or anything, but I'd plug my turntables into the line input so I record them as WAV files and convert to CD.

Alas, Audition is not available for Mac's, apparently Adobe is being stubborn. Is there a comparable piece of software? I was looking at Soundtrack Pro - will that do what I was doing with Audition? Or is there a different program I should look into?

Lastly, what is the quality in sound comparing an .aiff file to a .wav file?

Any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    no adobe audition for mac is the bane of my existence!

• Hank - you can record with Garage Band which comes free with new macs. I use Bias Deck, which is a multi-track recorder that you can find pretty easily with a p2p program. You can also download freeware & shareware apps from Version Tracker which is a great resource for mac software updates and shareware.

• HankScorpioHankScorpio 163 Posts
    Hey Sinbad,

I do have GarageBand, but didn't really play around with it too much. I'll have to give it a shot, but I am curious about Soundtrack Pro. Thanks!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Try Bias Peak. There is nothing better on the MAC for two track recording and editing. It can even take the pops and crackels out of your records.