baseball 2006, it's on...

p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
don't know if this year's team is better... the loss of offense will hopefully be made up by a a pretty dope pitching staff,(if Schilling and Beckett are healthy and Foulke gets his mind right...) (a lotta 'if's " i know)the bottom line is the team will be a whole lot less cheesey w/o these two cornballs...

Comments

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    this is our year

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    Sorry to say that both Boston and Oakland's years will end before the ALCS, which will be Indians vs. White Sox.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    cornball...

Yeah, that grand slam he hit against the Yankees
    in Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS was mad corny...

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

the bottom line is the team will be a whole lot less cheesey w/o these two cornballs...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    cornball...

Yeah, that grand slam he hit against the Yankees
    in Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS was mad corny...

listen, no one was a bigger fan of johnny damn than me... when he showed up looking like Jim Morrison circ A Paris Bathtub at spring training a few years back and saying things like "i've been gaining weight the right way, i've been drinking beer," i was digging it... but, last year's streaked hair GQ/homo look, along w/ his request for a 6 year contract crossed him off my list... dude is great, but i don't see him producing for the run of his contract... honestly, i think Coco Crisp will be a great player for us...

with the sox, it's all about the pitching this year... if it comes thru, we're ok... i'm amazed Davd Wells decided to come back...

re: Kevin Millar... OOOOOOOF, i can happily say i actually forgot that clown existed... like a fat Brian Daubach who coldn't keep his mouth shut...

• M y E ntire T eam S panish

• As a Braves fan, I am required by law to post the following:

Mets Suck!

That is all.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Go Phillies !!!

mets & braves...

Go Phillies !!!

---This is the one to watch right here.

• SoulmanSoulman 66 Posts
    Go Phillies !!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Benson?

Benson?
    yes anna benson. i LOVE her! she said if she ever caught her husband cheating she would fuck every member of the mets orginazation INCLUDING the grounds crew!!!!!!! that was back when her husband was a met and she was his wife (she just filed for divorce after he was traded to the oroiles)

lots of crazy stories out ther about this chick. WILD

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    yo me, learn how to read.

yo dog, they got divorced last week

i already said that dog thanks stay up

• (she just filed for divorce after he was traded to the oroiles)

Shit if i were married to someone traded to the orioles i would divorce em too...

• ---This is the one to watch right here.

Anytime the Orioles get a good player, something bad happens to them and they start to suck. Anytime they lose a bad player, they go to the Cardinals and become an all star..

This year I'm hoping the O's stay in first place until September, and then fall directly into last place but win the NIT tournament

• ---This is the one to watch right here.

She'll be on the Surreal Life in 3 years...paging Tawny Kitain.

Big Papi already went yard. My favorite player I've ever watched play baseball.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Mets already 1-0...

lookoveryourshouldermotherfuckerthespanishbastardsarecominoutaqueens

Nady 4-4
    Wagner 3 up 3 down closed

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    she said if she ever caught her husband cheating she would fuck every member of the mets orginazation INCLUDING the grounds crew!!!!!!! that was back when her husband was a met and she was his wife (she just filed for divorce after he was traded to the oroiles)

Supposedly she's divorcing him because he was whipping around on her. So if you see the entire Orioles organization looking like , you know why.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Go Phillies !!!

Ryan Howard = New beast of the east.

There's a few rookies I'm watching....Zimmerman for Washington and Granderson for Detroit look like the real deal.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

I'm going with my Red Sox as always. No doubt this team is better than last year's. Our line-up is still one of the best, our defense is much better and we have more pitching depth than any team in baseball. There are a lot of ifs, but we will be in contention.

The Yankees will lose in the playoffs cus their pitching can't hold up.

and yes Ryan Howard is so good.

Big Papi already went yard. My favorite player I've ever watched play baseball.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Ryan Howard already went yard.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Sorry to say that both Boston and Oakland's years will end before the ALCS, which will be Indians vs. White Sox.

I picked the Indians last year. That team is ready. Remember the crooked numbers they put up on the Yankees the other season? Foreshadowing.

Never thought I'd say it, but the AL Central might be the league's best division. You coastal knuckleheads never realize these things, but I'm telling you now.

Playoff teams:
    Braves
    Padres
    St Louis
    Florida (wc)

Yankees
    Cleveland
    Angels
    Boston (wc)

• aegisaegis 261 Posts

we have more pitching depth than any team in baseball.

The Yankees will lose in the playoffs cus their pitching can't hold up.

I just don't see Boston AND New York making the playoffs.

dont know if the "Bonds on Bonds" series will stick but i still offer Barry Bonds my full support and good will on his quest for his place in history. a syringe on opening night?? shit's gonna be interesting.

- when hank did it haters did shit different. shit was basic. a few DIE NIGGER!! hate mails/rock thru the window and whatnot. but now with the threshhold on morals having been stretched so far and adding to that the access and visibility that fans have they are gonna try and break him.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

man, steroids dont help you put the bat on the ball or field (well i guess they might help your arm). bonds was dope before he got in the cold war with mark mcgwire. ashame it came to this.
    emmit, you dont think he was juicing? you saying that this is allblowing up now cause a black dude took over the season record? hmmm

ron howard is looking rock solid. utley, jimmy dimaggio rollins, burrel and abraeu make a solid group around him too. wish we had better pitching (and billy wagner)

im just giving him the serious benefit of the doubt. even if he did, when we speak of the time of the enhanced athletes....he was still better than his peers.

i say nothing of Giants pitching and just hope things will go well. same with the A's

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Nomar is hurt already ..........

damn shame

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    anna benson wants kris back, per espn.com story