Late Night Producto Post

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Hello friends.Are you ever up late working on some tunes and want to share it w/ someone but wifey's alseep or your roommate hates music? Don't you want somebody to tell you that you are a genius in those special moments of creation? Well, I do. Because it feels good, damn it.So I propose the late night producto forum for insomniacs. Post your NEW creations, starting tonight. It will be against the rules to post something you did six months ago that's already mastered. If you are in the late stages of something, that's fine. But shrink wrapped instrumentals will not be tolerated. Mashups are fine as well. You are encouraged to not be ashamed of clicks, unmixed tracks, temp tracks and the like. The most rough drafts are acceptable.Unless you've made something just hideous, I will tell you you're a genius and that you are on the right track. Long time Soul Strutters, join in and inspire as well. Don't let this become a cheesy beat post. This is NOT, I repeat, NOT a showcase. If you are looking for a record deal, send your CD to Def Jux (and see if they respond (they won't)). This is intended to merely be a comfertable enviorment for sharing. Keep this post UP.Your friend,Sun_Fortune

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    All this because you couldnt handle the critis in the other thread?

• EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts
    All this because you couldnt handle the critis in the other thread?

What did I miss?

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    thats a really cynicalbullshit response.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    just curious, how old are you?

25 and you,
    The problem I had with the other beat post was that people were saying that they just made this track, and then I check their website and its been on there for like six months. There are a ton of talented musicians on this sight and I was hoping that I could establish an open forum where people could share their works in progress.
    Criticism is one thing, but for someone who uses garageband drums and 16 bar loops, I think staements like "it needs something," are worthless. This is not a knock against you, i thought you made a really nice beat.

So post your late night creations.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    25 and you,
    The problem I had with the other beat post was that people were saying that they just made this track, and then I check their website and its been on there for like six months. There are a ton of talented musicians on this sight and I was hoping that I could establish an open forum where people could share their works in progress.
    Criticism is one thing, but for someone who uses garageband drums and 16 bar loops, I think staements like "it needs something," are worthless. This is not a knock against you, i thought you made a really nice beat.

that made sense. but i dont agree with the critits thing, i dont think the dude that told you that your beat lacked a little something 'was fronting like he was something' to put it in your words. he just spoke his mind and you should respect his opinion. i think you handled it the wrong way, if he would have told me the exact same thing i guess i would have said thanks. thanks for sharing his opinion and taking the time to listen to my beat ya know?

i only get real critics from my old producer friends i've known for years, we diss eachother all the time. i feel they're the only ones i respect enough. i can be totally honest with em. if i diss something on the net people wount know how to handle it, so i rarely speak my mind on other peoples stuff.

and btw, im 21.

True, perhaps I fucked up. but lets squash it and post some beats.

Here's one I really started today. its for a dance I'm scoring. Here it is in all of its glorious unfinished wackness.

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=262TX2AO13AWO3N1AU4ELEIJYX

• HAZE1HAZE1 40 Posts
    i dunno if your trying to refer to my beats as being "garage band drums" and 16 bar loops, casue i chop all my samples up to rearrange them. If u listen to my sources u will see noticable differences in the samples and what i use. My chops are arranged to a grid and exact quantize settings, so a lot of times it sounds like loops while every hit is programmed. for example, if u take a 2 bar loop and chop it to 1/8 notes, your left with 8 chops. kick on pad 1, hat on pad 2, snare on pad 3, hat on pad4, U can reprogram the break beat like ll34, or 1438, 1574, etc... At 1/8th note quantize u can rearrange the chops so that it lines up perfectly and sounds like a loop. That is how i use every sample. I may use some samples as loops but there are subtle variations in the programming. Now im not postive if that was an indirect stab at me (which im certain it was), but just so we on the level. I think u are a new producer and need to relax and just learn to take real critisim. I know i hurt your feelings saying that your beat was dull, but in all honesty, it was. I know im not the greatest producer around, but i think my opinon is somewhat valid and i know a little about what im talking about. Dont wear your heart on your sleve though. It takes work to get your shit straight. Dont let some honest feedback discourage you, just learn from it and try to get better. Right now ur coming off as a newjack with efeelings.

• HAZE1HAZE1 40 Posts
    oh and here is what i did tonight. I would review yours but i really dont want to hear you cry again. peace

http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3EC9MAO6OZ2I83HTABPZ5HSRJB

sorry bout the mp3. I converted it all fucked up. the fidelty is a little beat.

• Hey dude, post that dizzybull tribute beat that you made... I loved that!!!!

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    Hey dude, post that dizzybull tribute beat that you made... I loved that!!!!

thats not finished... i wanted to sing on it, about how much i love dizzy bull. but my horrible voice + my headset mic didnt go very well together.

i need to do a proper intro and ending for it. i'll post it later at some point. im lazy.

• Hey dude, post that dizzybull tribute beat that you made... I loved that!!!!

thats not finished... i wanted to sing on it, about how much i love dizzy bull. but my horrible voice + my headset mic didnt go very well together.

i need to do a proper intro and ending for it. i'll post it later at some point. im lazy.

I am so honored right now. And having a horrible voice is KEY to making a great song!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    dj_cityboypara11ax