Theodore Unit - "718"

Comments

• I just hope the commercial failure of PRETTY TONEY doesn't push Ghost in the wrong direction... then again dude doesn't seem to give a fuck what others think about him...

"Love my last album/ though the joint went wood" I think Ghost does whatever Ghost wants.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    you should really play "ONE" for those rapper dudes

yeah, already got the 12 in my beat stack for tonight, but I'm also like can they even handle that one? Ghost's voice is just written all over it.

[hijack]what I WILL do though, is rock dubs of "Rock Co-Kane Flow" (dubs so that the beat changes don't mess 'em up) because as I played the inst last night in my room it occured to me that that's gotta be one of the most freestlye beats of the here and now and future. Also, saving "The Champ is Here" for the last couple battles, and just might throw in the "What it Do" wild card to switch it up. These ers just ain't ready, should be mad entertaining.[/hijack]

I'm not sure if those dudes can really handle the ""champs is here. Maybe Wonway, but a lot of those dudes simply don't have the swagger to really handle something like that.

How did you think "Get on my hype" or other new bay slumpers will go over....?

and I still stand very strongly behind Prodigy's *ay yo* "H.N.I.C." as the beat for rappers to get "rappy" over it.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I'm not sure if those dudes can really handle the ""champs is here.

I should hope they can, fer chrissakes its an MC BATTLE[/b], They have no choice BUT to handle it.

Maybe Wonway, but a lot of those dudes simply don't have the swagger to really handle something like that.
    Precisely, my aim is provide sparse hard drum hittin' tracks where the vocals can be the focus. Champ is Here is exactly that.

How did you think "Get on my hype" or other new bay slumpers will go over....?
    Don't have that one but I think "What it Do" is a tasty curveball of a beat, they can and should handle it.

and I still stand very strongly behind Prodigy's *ay yo* "H.N.I.C." as the beat for rappers to get "rappy" over it.
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Sorry for the hijack.

GHOST DEINI.

I'm not sure if those dudes can really handle the ""champs is here.

I should hope they can, fer chrissakes its an MC BATTLE[/b], They have no choice BUT to handle it.

I keep thinking of that rapper Dublin in the battle... and I keep cringing.

aaahahahaha, I remember that guy. haha, no Anticon beats fer you son! DEAL WITH IT.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    ha, wonway, that's my dude

I thought MegaBee quit rapping or something

nope, he's still crazy ass rappin ass C***, haha.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

hahaha harsh. Juan is that dude. i have fond memories of him outside venues sleepily slanging CDs to drunk females,

Megabusive is alive and kicking...or so MySpace would have us all BELIEVE. I won't lie, watching the Top Ramen/MegaB Rockin Java video (who taped that? who kept taping that outside?) was a hoot back in 1999

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Was pulling records last night for ers to rhyme over at this MC battle I'm djing tonight with P-Ro, and came across the Theodore 12" and started wondering about the album, did it ever get pressed up on LP? I haven't head it but I would most definitely like to, probably would just cop it on the strength.

Not that I can make it (stuck in finals), but just wondering where the jump-off is gonna be and which dirty white backpackers are gonna rock the mic device?

• slushslush 691 Posts
    'beat the clock' off of pretty tony was one of my favourite tracks of 04. dudes got a lot of energy

'pass the mic' off 718 is great. raw shit

the drummer is fire. when i found flowers/thewatch for 3 dollars in a rock record store i nearly threw up.

id do anything to get 'beatles' on record

has anyone heard 'milkem'? i heard one version and didnt really dig it but apparantly theres like 6 mixes

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    has anyone heard 'milkem'? i heard one version and didnt really dig it but apparantly theres like 6 mixes

i don't know which mix i have on mp3 but it's real hot. not at all downtempo, but blazing none the less.

rumor has it that the next ghost record will be entirely produced by pete rock and mf doom? i seriously doubt that's a reality and i don't know how happy i'd be about it either way.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    trife is really dope but wigs is

i saw him get booed real hard once and he looked like he was about to cry on some "but i know ghost... really" steez.

dude is more in the remedy / esoteric class of white people

he's not ever seeing

Was pulling records last night for ers to rhyme over at this MC battle I'm djing tonight with P-Ro, and came across the Theodore 12" and started wondering about the album, did it ever get pressed up on LP? I haven't head it but I would most definitely like to, probably would just cop it on the strength.

Not that I can make it (stuck in finals), but just wondering where the jump-off is gonna be and which dirty white backpackers are gonna rock the mic device?

Club Six, all the emcees are listed here

hahaha harsh. Juan is that dude. i have fond memories of him outside venues sleepily slanging CDs to drunk females,

Megabusive is alive and kicking...or so MySpace would have us all BELIEVE. I won't lie, watching the Top Ramen/MegaB Rockin Java video (who taped that? who kept taping that outside?) was a hoot back in 1999

HOLY SHIT! I remember that. Anybody who knows me can probally guess my opinion on that whole thing and "Top Rawmen".

and I think the lil' homie Anthony/Destined has it on video. My favourite part was when Mega said some funny ass punchline and "T-Root", who was beat boxing, started fucking laughing BUT still stayed on beat.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

How the fuck does Paul Wall EAT? He's prolly gotta spend an hour a day pickin bread out of his teeth.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    How the fuck does Paul Wall EAT? He's prolly gotta spend an hour a day pickin bread out of his teeth.

or he just takes out his fronts...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    trife da god and lord superb (when he gets released from prison) are the only worthwhile people in theodore unit beyond ghost. ill say it now and ill say it again, if you take into account all of his unreleased shit and group work with his solo shit, ghost is easily one of the greatest of all time.

dude just make that your avatar again.

In that Wu book Rza talks about how after '97 when everybody went in slightly different directions with their careers, he stayed steady workin' with Ghost. He obviously knew the time. No wonder dude's career has been so focused all along.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    ill say it now and ill say it again, if you take into account all of his unreleased shit and group work with his solo shit, ghost is easily one of the greatest of all time.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    No relation to Steevie, but i got a question (Jacob The Wizzler probably can answer) : i've peeped a very recent ghost itw explaining how he felt in love with Doom beats. No surprise until he said that he basically want to do his next LP with Pete Rock and Doom only (which sounds good to me if he only added on my heaters on it!lol)...so is there any chance that you will participate??

PS :
    How the fuck does Paul Wall EAT?

That was a third degree joke right?? don't tell me you believed he was sleepin' with it...

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts
    "T-Root", who was beat boxing, started fucking laughing BUT still stayed on beat.

"T-Root", who was beat boxing, started fucking laughing BUT still stayed on beat.

actually (no dis to won, but) TRoot is that dude.

i gotta hit up destined for that tape, for giggles.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    ill say it now and ill say it again, if you take into account all of his unreleased shit and group work with his solo shit, ghost is easily one of the greatest of all time.

is anyone really debating this point? if his last two albums came out the way he intended them to (pre sample clearance massacres) he would have four consecutive classics. not even accounting for the wu records and his involvement in OB4CL.

and not to get all true school nostalgic fantasy okayplayer on you dudes, but i'm sitting here listening to that new prince paul album (which is ok, i guess, but it's still a mostly instrumental hip hop record, i don't know why he doesn't just get some rappers who aren't paul bar-man) and i think i'd really enjoy a ghost/paul record.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    is anyone really debating this point?
    dunno, a lot of people front on his earlier stuff cos "he don't even make no sense!"

i read somewhere that ghost was doing some shit with the heatmakerz. now that is some shit that i know he will rip. by the way, anyone know what "thrilla" was released on? was it just a 12" or something?

No way he can buy shit from Heatmakers...he knows the beatgame too much to be fooled by these cats. Funny side story : they got cats chasin' MP3 samples for them at the price of 200$ a loop. Fuckin' pathetic. They should try to read a book about compression and chill for a minute...

The Heatmakers...No Way.

He said Doom and Pete, shit don't blend with Heatmakers. NO WAY! (i'm praying at the same time, don't pay attention).

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Saw that. Nice. Been a fan of Mega since my early college years...I remember it like it was yesterday (key Taxi Driver theme music). He's good rapper.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    No way he can buy shit from Heatmakers...he knows the beatgame too much to be fooled by these cats. Funny side story : they got cats chasin' MP3 samples for them at the price of 200$ a loop. Fuckin' pathetic. They should try to read a book about compression and chill for a minute...
    The Heatmakers...No Way.

He said Doom and Pete, shit don't blend with Heatmakers. NO WAY! (i'm praying at the same time, don't pay attention).

Heatmakers got hot shit,

And you'd be surprised how many cats in this beat game have others looking out for them on records.

i'm not surprised about that bro'...that's the MP3 factor that makes me laugh (or cry). They got a "street team" sending PMs on "famous board" to hire some sample-spotters. Too bad i've erased the PM...you would have laugh too.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    The Heatmakers...No Way.

It already happened though,the Heatmakerz produced "interlude 2" off of "Bulletproof Wallets" that's credited to ghostface himself.them Camron later used this beat on his "Come Home with me" album.

• 1980Beatz1980Beatz 159 Posts
    is anyone really debating this point?
    dunno, a lot of people front on his earlier stuff cos "he don't even make no sense!"

i read somewhere that ghost was doing some shit with the heatmakerz. now that is some shit that i know he will rip. by the way, anyone know what "thrilla" was released on? was it just a 12" or something?

I, for one, loved it when he "didn't make any sense". It was that abstract off the wall left-field type of emceeing that made him stand out form the rest.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this milk 'em 12" has a lot of filler but the first version's beat is like whoa and ghost and trife come correct.