Ghostface: Fishscale

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    one thing though its not better than ti's album

really?

Is this the best TI album?

No. But it may be the best album to come out this year so far.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

really?

No. But it may be the best album to come out this year so far.

The sounds you are currently hearing are Brian's quivers of anticipation as he awaits Mike Jones' sophomore effort.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dude's coming out with another album?

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    dude's coming out with another album?

I'm eager to hear if Mike Jones has learned any new words for his second effort. "Who Is..." should have sold enough that the man could at least afford a dictionary.

• SoulmanSoulman 66 Posts

really?

personally i dont know his whole catalogue enough to tell u 4 shure... to be honest i like ghost WAAAAY better than ti as a rapper but it just sounds like this ti album has some MONSTEROUSLY huge records on it. know how when you hear something the 1st time and its like aaawwww shiiit this shit is gonna be THE SHIT?!? thats how some of those ti songs hit u and i aint even all into that kinda music as much as most people but i aint stupid i can still see what it is

plus im hearin ti and rick ross or somebody all up in the hood so far and no ghost at all except for me blastin it so that must mean that fishscale aint as good

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    shakey dog....
    kilo..........
    the champ......
    9 milli..........
    beauty jackson......
    crack spot...........
    r.a.g.u............
    whip u w/a strap......
    be like that........
    be easy...........
    clipse of doom....
    jellyfish.........
    dogs of war......
    big girl..........
    underwater......
    momma .........

1)supreme clientele
    2)ironman
    3)fishscale
    4)pretty tony
    5)bulletproof

• Great album! This, Donuts, and the new TI are the best albums I've heard so far this year. Overall, Kilo is still my favorite song (I found that metric LP sealed at a local goodwill a month ago...funky stuff!), but I like the Pete Rock produced tracks too. And it was great to hear all of the Wu on a song, even if Cap and U-God both sound well past their prime... I'd agree that Fishscale is better than Pretty Toney, but not as good as Ironman or Supreme Clientele. I'd like to see another video from Ghost like the 'Run' video, with Ghost wearing a big cool hat, though.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Since Charlie Brown isn't on Fish Scale - does anyone have an MP3 without a dj yelling on it?

and yes the TI is one of the best albums this year period. Dude is expected to push 400,000+ units this week (not that that means it's good)

• SoulmanSoulman 66 Posts

kilo..........

and damn yeah how i forgot KILO on my list of songs on the fishscale??? That is CLASSICCCCCC mang

but back to to the ti / ghost albums comparisin... i like both A LOT but i would say that ghost is like great 1996 and ti is great 2006 as far as styles go no dis to ghost but most of his stuff takes you back to that wu era and ti's music takes you to the PRESENT... like his stuff is whats really good NOW not back in the days i guess. dont matter to me though if its good its good i still listen to records on the sugarhill label too

• MeepMeep 320 Posts

underwater......

this track needs way more love...

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

clipse of doom....

I agree. I didn't think this worked too well as an instrumental, but somehow ghost managed to compress that coal into diamond[/b] form. You can also tell he's giving it his all in these verses.

Plus, I just picture him telling Doom to fuck off in the intro.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    somewhat related I just got copies of The Champ white label b/w Kilo & Dogs Of War.

NY Heads get at me.

Got more. Soulstrut heads the world over, get at me.

Got the LP in last night too, and this is really REALLY dope. Have to agree with Ed P.,

1. Supreme Clientele
    2. Ironman
    3. Fishscale
    4. Pretty Toney
    5. Bulletproof Wallets

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i think this may be the best Ghost has ever been at lyrically

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

really?

I copped both of these records yesterday, and I've only listened to them a couple of times so far. My initial impression is that "King" is not as good as "Trap Muzik", but it's better than "Urban Legend", which wasn't a bad album at all. There's a real sense of artistic growth on this record. It'd have been easy for him to do another bunch of tracks like "ASAP", "You Don't Know Me" and "Motivation", so props to him for attempting to stretch out a bit. The Ghostface album seems a little disappointing to me, but it's still good - it doesn't hang together quite as well as "Pretty Toney" did, and those old Doom beats take a little of the shine off what might otherwise have been an interesting collabo. I'd prefer to have heard Ghost over something newer from Doom, but it's not really that big a deal. As with the last few Ghost albums, you're always left wondering how much stronger they could have been if they'd been able to clear everything, but whaddyagonna do?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    he is my fav southern dood.

some southerners on this board will no doubt disagree.

TI is runnin shit

This album is excellent. There are a few weak tracks--"Stand Up Guy" and that Crystal Waters one--but I can't remember a stronger 1-2-3-4-5-6 leadoff than:

King Back
    Front Back
    What You Know
    I'm Talkin' To You
    Live In The Sky
    Ride Wit Me

The t.i. album is so good, i havent even gotten around to the ghostface record yet! I will fix this today. But i hope it doesnt sound like a M.f. doom album that only bangs in the headphones. I need some shit that i can ride to.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

big girl..........

the song is hot. "I asked if they polish helmet/they said fuck you/took another sniff and didn't tell me." dunno why but that line is perfect.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I just got copies of The Champ white label b/w Kilo & Dogs Of War.

Got more. Soulstrut heads the world over, get at me.

Done, dun.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    The only things that let Fishscale down IMO are

1.The skits they are okay but i could have lived without them.
    2.Old Doom beats surely he could have produced somthing new althought the lyrics are still heat.
    3.The Biggie track at the end. Not so much for the verses but the crappy beat.

All in all the album is

The only things that let Fishscale down IMO are

1.The skits they are okay but i could have lived without them.
    2.Old Doom beats surely he could have produced somthing new althought the lyrics are still heat.
    3.The Biggie track at the end. Not so much for the verses but the crappy beat.

All in all the album is

co-sign. basically I can do without the Biggie track and the one before it (on some half-assed "All I Need Is You" remake tip but without the flavor.

basically all the skits could have been canned except the one with him and his girl's kid swearing at him (though I can understand how parents on the board take issue with this one).

otherwise not a single weak track as far as I can see.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but just got my shit in the mail from turntablelab. That ayers cd is hot!!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

I have to say that this track is my favorite on the album. No hook just ghost and rea killing it, painting pictures, shit is fire. Some of the songs on here are not holding up well after a few listens, but RAGU has been getting a lot of play. Big Girl is also fire.

it debuted on soundsan at #4 with a little over 110,000 copies.

TI is with 500,000+

• raredaveraredave 205 Posts

TI is with 500,000+

what relevance does that comment have?

TI is with 500,000+

None - soundscan came out today and I felt liking giving out some facts...

Some of the songs on here are not holding up well after a few listens

I have to say personally these songs are getting better and better to me.

I can do without the Biggie joint, the "all the mothers that went through the struggle" joint and the underwater jawn (which is not bad, but nor is it integral to the album).

All other ones are fresh to me.

The skits are mostly whack though.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

TI is with 500,000+

Ghostface's fans should be happy that he's doing numbers. I know I am.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

TI is with 500,000+

I think it's great. It's definitely due (in part) to the markdowns but people still have to WANT to buy it.

Very dope for Ghost.

TI is with 500,000+

I think it's great. It's definitely due (in part) to the markdowns but people still have to WANT to buy it.

Very dope for Ghost.

absolutley - I couldn't agree more. Dude sold twice the amount of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

110,000 + is a great showing

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Having had this on continuous rotation since it came out I'm happy to get off the fence now and declare that I think it'll take a very special rap album to knock Fishscale off the title of best rap album of the year.

TI album has some great tracks on it but Ghostface's is amazingly consistent considering the norm these days.