Ghostface: Fishscale

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    So I just listened to this and my main question is why the hell did they end it with that song from BIG duets album? What a bad note to end the album on. Overall I really liked it though. U-Gods verse on the Wu-Track sounded like he was reading it over a cellphone while he was getting his hair cut. That whole track sounds like they just used out takes from Wu-Tang Forever sessions. The stuff with Rae is the best. Would have been a better album if it was 12 tracks. I need to give it another listen though.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Hip Hop fans are way too hung up on the term "classic" and whether albums are or not...
    Can't it just be really good or great instead of having to meet some mystical classic status...shit's lame...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Hip Hop fans are way too hung up on the term "classic" and whether albums are or not...
    Can't it just be really good or great instead of having to meet some mystical classic status...shit's lame...

Like with most things, I blame The Source.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Me too, i used to hate the arguing over whether something is 4 or 5 mics... the music on the album is the same regardless, so it matters very little...

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

If you really want something to get up in arms about, my favorite Nas verse EVAR is the one he drops on "Verbal Intercourse". 'From the womb to the tomb, presume the unpredictable.'

How about the way he opens it?
    "Through the lights, cameras, and action glamour glitters and gold
    I unfold the scroll, plant seeds to stampede the globe"

Yeah, the whole verse is just . "Props is a true thugs wife."

Well, looks like I know what I'm listening to when I get home...

I have some solo Nas Demo/ Mixtape joint where Nas drops this verse and also has a second verse to it w/ a chorus. It is a good track but no where near as dope as "Verbal Intercourse".
    I'll post it up when I get home. Does anyone know what the demo version is from?

• So I just listened to this and my main question is why the hell did they end it with that song from BIG duets album? What a bad note to end the album on. Overall I really liked it though. U-Gods verse on the Wu-Track sounded like he was reading it over a cellphone while he was getting his hair cut. That whole track sounds like they just used out takes from Wu-Tang Forever sessions. The stuff with Rae is the best. Would have been a better album if it was 12 tracks. I need to give it another listen though.

Co-sign. Also, Cappadonna should go back to driving his cab in Baltimore.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    So I just listened to this and my main question is why the hell did they end it with that song from BIG duets album? What a bad note to end the album on. Overall I really liked it though. U-Gods verse on the Wu-Track sounded like he was reading it over a cellphone while he was getting his hair cut. That whole track sounds like they just used out takes from Wu-Tang Forever sessions. The stuff with Rae is the best. Would have been a better album if it was 12 tracks. I need to give it another listen though.

Cappadonna is everyone's favorite whipping boy (no ayo).

But let's not forget his verses on Linx and of course his Winter Wars contribution.

Sure, he's not the best, but I feel like he takes criticism far out of proportion to his actual whackness. He's like the go-to guy to clown while toys like U-God get a pass.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

But let's not forget his verses on Linx and of course his Winter Wars contribution.

Sure, he's not the best, but I feel like he takes criticism far out of proportion to his actual whackness. He's like the go-to guy to clown while toys like U-God get a pass.

I don't always hate cappadonna, but he sounds really bad on fishscale. He sounds like he got really fat.

I don't always hate cappadonna, but he sounds really bad on fishscale. He sounds like he got really fat.

I agree. His fishscale verses are not where it's at.

• So I just listened to this and my main question is why the hell did they end it with that song from BIG duets album? What a bad note to end the album on. Overall I really liked it though. U-Gods verse on the Wu-Track sounded like he was reading it over a cellphone while he was getting his hair cut. That whole track sounds like they just used out takes from Wu-Tang Forever sessions. The stuff with Rae is the best. Would have been a better album if it was 12 tracks. I need to give it another listen though.

I agree. His fishscale verses are not where it's at.

That comment has nothing to do with Cuban Linx. Those verses were underwhelming when the album first came out but over the past decade I've come to accept them. His work on Fishscale is inexcusable.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

My classic coinage does not come from any magazines' thought process.
    Dont get it twisted........I am pre- HIP HOP journalism/Rating system.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    LIQUID SWORDS --- definately top 10 rap/hiphop/brooklyn/? for samples,beats,lyrics, and message, album is so deep and definitive of what Wu Tang's employees are capable of. Life changing album. Comparative to Ironman, a second best, but not as deep.

• Sorry for the wacky posts, but target has this for 7.98. Is it worth buying? Mind you, I'm not a big Ghost fan but I'm definetly not on some rap-snob shit either.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Sorry for the wacky posts, but target has this for 7.98. Is it worth buying?

[reynaldo] can you afford it? [/reynaldo]

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Sorry for the wacky posts, but target has this for 7.98. Is it worth buying?

He sounds poor.

• Sorry for the wacky posts, but target has this for 7.98. Is it worth buying?

Naw I can't afford to waste my precious posting time by driving to Target and having to listen to the robed one.

seriously though....

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    please buy it

• please buy it

'word....I was gonna do it anyways, woudn't mid supporting dude...

but they also had that new T.I. for like 4 tootpicks and paperclip (DUMB CHEAP!)

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i was going to buy both and i aint even a ti fan really

please buy it

but they also had that new T.I. for like 4 tootpicks and paperclip (DUMB CHEAP!)

stop that and cop that

• please buy it

stop that and cop that

of all the southern dudes, I always dug T.I. the most (there's something very "REAL SCHITT-esque" about him).

please buy it

stop that and cop that

of all the southern dudes, I always dug T.I. the most (there's something very "REAL SCHITT-esque" about him).

he is my fav southern dood.

some southerners on this board will no doubt disagree.

anyway that joint was like 18.99 or some shit at amoeba so i declined to cop. at least for this week.

where is the thread on reactions to that album?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    where is the thread on reactions to that album?

Yeah, they had it in my local store last week, and all i need is a little persuasion to cop. My hommie said it's not his fav T.I. album.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

TI is runnin shit

Flip is probably the only southerner not big-upping him

TI is runnin shit

This album is excellent. There are a few weak tracks--"Stand Up Guy" and that Crystal Waters one--but I can't remember a stronger 1-2-3-4-5-6 leadoff than:

King Back
    Front Back
    What You Know
    I'm Talkin' To You
    Live In The Sky
    Ride Wit Me

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

TI is runnin shit

This album is excellent. There are a few weak tracks--"Stand Up Guy" and that Crystal Waters one--but I can't remember a stronger 1-2-3-4-5-6 leadoff than:

King Back
    Front Back
    What You Know
    I'm Talkin' To You
    Live In The Sky
    Ride Wit Me

Dudes, need I remind you that O-Disney can't dig IRONMAN?!?

• SoulmanSoulman 66 Posts
    Hey i know i jst got my late pass but here are my honest feelings about the new ghostdini album:

1. this cd is BANGIN pretty much from start to finish. way improved from the unmastered copy. did young guru or some body do a lot of post production? cuz all the beats sound WAY fatter, more than just mastering plus they added a lot of little sound effects and shit. Meth and GZA are now on the wutang track...

stuff just sounds way better like a proffesional grimey record i'd say

2. i counted THREE broken wrists on this albm. THREE!!!!!! thats got to be a hip hop worlds record right? i think it is

3. not feelin the skits too much. the heart street skit is CORN-KNEE. the fake ironman cartoon style skits sound fake, on supreme cli they took those shits right off the real cartoons dvd which made it more official (i know they probably couldnt clear samples but still shit is the shit with the cursing kid is kinda awright but i dont really like to hear kids talkin like that like he MADE the little boy curse like that not cool

4. wasnt so sure about the whipped me with a strap song at first but now i LOVE that shit. CLASSIC GHOST MATERAIL!!!! this is what makes gfk one of the greatest EVER

5. some complain about capaddona the cab driver but to me all the wu members sound uninsipired on that reunnion song still nice to hear them all together again

6. pete rock killed his beats on this cd

7. surprize but i like the comercial joints on here a lot the NeYo get a nigga back like that shit is crackilicious. i like the momma song too but actual dont like Ghosts rhymes all so much. i'd likeit more as a straight r&b song i think

8. underwater... now this one... i dont really get this one

9. i dont hate the biggie song but as it is lat on the album i know i will always stop the cd when it gets to that one

10. all time ghost classics on here: shaky dog and whipped me with a strap for sure but there are others that i dont remember the name of that are SO HOTTTTTTT that one with ghost and rae on the delfonics beat and OH YES how can i forget familt affair????? that shit made my DICK HARD!!!!!

11. best ghost albums in order:
    supreme cli
    ironman
    this shit fishscale
    pretty toney
    bulletproof wallet

personally i call cuban linx a ghostface album too (he made that shit what it was) and that would be no.1 of course... some of those hidden darts cds would be up on the list too, maybe at 3 or 4 ironman is no. 2 but just BARELY behind supreme (im not here to start no shit im peaceful but the dude who dont like ironman... DUDE you smokin that garbage please stop hahaha naw im just playin dont be mad at me )

last of all fishscale is a GREAT 2006 rap record and i love it. no problems with it go BUY it NOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! peace up

• SoulmanSoulman 66 Posts
    one thing though its not better than ti's album

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

really?

Is this the best TI album?

really?

Is this the best TI album?

No. But it may be the best album to come out this year.