Ghostface: Fishscale

Comments

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Wang's taste in hip hop is most definitely

• rayray 77 Posts
    Ironman has always been a close second for me...

Supreme Clientele
    Ironman
    Fishscale
    Pretty Toney
    Bulletproof Wallets

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Wang's taste in hip hop is most definitely

Tepid.

No love for Ironman?

I never could get into this album for some reason.

Ironman is very, very good. When's the last time you listened to it?

I don't doubt it's a great album but there are some albums, that, despite whatever finer qualities they have, just don't appeal to me. Like Brand Nubian's "In God We Trust," or Gangstarr's "Daily Operation." I literally go back, every year, to listen to these albums (Ironman too) to see if my feelings have changed towards them but for whatever reason, that chemistry isn't there.

I'd never say that "Ironman" was wack since I know that my not thinking it's the best thing ever has very little to do with the album and has more to do with me. My ranking of my favorite Ghost albums would be:

Supreme Clientele
    Pretty Toney
    Fishscale (though this is too early to be in a firm position)
    Bulletproof Wallets
    Ironman

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    But then, I seem to have a lot more love for Pretty Toney than most of y'all.

with the exception of Tush - i love this record.

Love for "Pretty Toney" over here, too. The new one hasn't come out in the UK yet, and I'm a little hacked off that neither "Charlie Brown" or (in its original form) "The Champ" will be on it, as they're a couple of my favourites. I don't think it's as immediate as "Pretty Toney", but I do think that Ghost has consistently come with the strongest and most coherent albums out of any Wu member, and that's even including the dog's breakfast that was "Bulletproof Wallets".

But then, I seem to have a lot more love for Pretty Toney than most of y'all.

with the exception of Tush - i love this record.

Love for "Pretty Toney" over here, too. The new one hasn't come out in the UK yet, and I'm a little hacked off that neither "Charlie Brown" or (in its original form) "The Champ" will be on it, as they're a couple of my favourites. I don't think it's as immediate as "Pretty Toney", but I do think that Ghost has consistently come with the strongest and most coherent albums out of any Wu member, and that's even including the dog's breakfast that was "Bulletproof Wallets".

I can't be mad if Ghost can't afford clearance - I mean, he's not selling 50 Cent numbers, you know? But the problem is that Ghost (or someone in his camp) leaks all this wicked hotness and heightens our expectation.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    No love for Ironman?

I never could get into this album for some reason.

Ironman is very, very good. When's the last time you listened to it?

I don't doubt it's a great album but there are some albums, that, despite whatever finer qualities they have, just don't appeal to me. Like Brand Nubian's "In God We Trust," or Gangstarr's "Daily Operation." I literally go back, every year, to listen to these albums (Ironman too) to see if my feelings have changed towards them but for whatever reason, that chemistry isn't there.

I'd never say that "Ironman" was wack since I know that my not thinking it's the best thing ever has very little to do with the album and has more to do with me. My ranking of my favorite Ghost albums would be:

Supreme Clientele
    Pretty Toney
    Fishscale (though this is too early to be in a firm position)
    Bulletproof Wallets
    Ironman

I really don't know what to say...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

You mean Charlie Brown isn't on it???

seriously though?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I was dissapointed in this too, but fuck it, "Fishscale" is the dog's bollocks and it's been in heavy rotation the last couple of days. Only problem is that I deleted "Charlie Brown" from my HD, and I want it back now. Somebody out there heeelp me!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Bulletproof Wallets
    Ironman

!!!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    All the Ghost tracks that get edited off his albums see the light of day eventually... which is a damn good thing, cuz sometimes they're his best

Bulletproof Wallets
    Ironman

!!!

I am saying. Got my Jerry Garcia tie all in a knot.

Bulletproof Wallets
    Ironman

!!!

I am saying. Got my Jerry Garcia tie all in a knot.

I'm saying dukes, I'm not claiming "ironman" is inferior to any of Ghost's albums. He's been, by far, the most consistent Wu member. But if I had to sit down and figure out what I'd want to listen to in order of pref - there ya go.

I also prefer "nastradamous" to "illmatic"

KIDDING

I love each Ghost album on its own merits- they're too different to try to compare and rank IMO

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I love each Ghost album on its own merits

i gotta agree with this. to quote a great Strutter, I celebrate the entire catalogue.

Bulletproof Wallets
    Ironman

what I'd want to listen to in order of pref

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Bulletproof wallets had one good song, and is the reason I DL albums before I buy them.

Bulletproof wallets had one good song

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Bulletproof wallets had one good song

If you suspect that I have extremely refined tastes in music, then you suspect correctly, sir!

• navydadnavydad 30 Posts
    ironman is my favorite ghostface album...and not entirely because of this line, "...Sexually you worship my di-dick like a cross..."
    but i'm sure it has a lot to do with it.
    SC has the best beats though, minus stroke of death.

poompoom sharts,

>>

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    There's this one song off the new LP that I love, he did it live on Sunday nite, something about a girl riding in another dude's caddilac and she should know that he and that "ni***a got beef"

WHAT song is that?

ps. the show was dope, he had all these ladies on stage and he was dancing with them and rapping and then he did "Mighty Healthy" and I love him. the end

• I believe that's "Back like that".

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    There's this one song off the new LP that I love, he did it live on Sunday nite, something about a girl riding in another dude's caddilac and she should know that he and that "ni***a got beef"

WHAT song is that?

ps. the show was dope, he had all these ladies on stage and he was dancing with them and rapping and then he did "Mighty Healthy" and I love him. the end

that is "Back Like That" featuring Las Vegas' own Ne-Yo.

You will notice that this track was aforementioned by me at the top of this thread as represented "that real schitt."

That track is a heater.

• Yo, I'm just sayin' ... "Kilo" is the measure...jaysus. wow.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Yo, I'm just sayin' ... "Kilo" is the measure...jaysus. wow.

"Yo I can't feel my face."

• when he was out here last weekend, he was on KMEL and they where runninga grip of tracks off the album.... . Even though I maybe the only person on the internet who doesn't swing on dudes nuts, I still find him to make some classics joints thus definetly going to Best Buy and picking up the CD for a measely 7 bucks.....

that Ne-Yo song is whatever...I liked the solo Ne-Yo joint where's he wearing a owl outfit in the video

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Even though I maybe the only person on the internet who doesn't swing on dudes nuts

Nope, I'm right there with ya. Though it is worth pointing out that Ghostface is the only Wu-Tang member who at all remembers what a good beat sounds like anymore (yeah, RZA, I'm talkin' to you, too!).

when he was out here last weekend, he was on KMEL and they where runninga grip of tracks off the album.... . Even though I maybe the only person on the internet who doesn't swing on dudes nuts, I still find him to make some classics joints thus definetly going to Best Buy and picking up the CD for a measely 7 bucks.....

I usually am hanging precariously from dude's ballsac, but having heard some of this album playing in a record store the other day I was a bit let down... first time I've felt that way about a Ghost record...

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    so did Madlib wind up having a track on here?

• so did Madlib wind up having a track on here?

no wonder I was -ified about that album:p

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    so did Madlib wind up having a track on here?

no wonder I was -ified about that album:p

I wasn't really going crazy over the fact that he was supposed to be on it, just checking dude from time to time especially on non-Stones Throw related ish.