Options

Weekend Bike Haul

edited March 2006 in Strut Central
76 KM's on the bicyclette for the first big ride this yearSome stone mint soundtracksSome calypso disco jammies[IMAG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1/soufriere1/caroladdison_borntoshineLP.jpg[/IMAGE]A incredibly rare 1969 calypso LP produced by Clive Bradley during what I cll his golden era.Killer calypso soul coverA wack of BOOM reggaeand a very rare Latin Lp from MontrealChecking out some records tomorrow and still have a show on Sunday to scour.K in Canada.

Comments

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    i go bike digging all over brooklyn almost everyday! i love it...BUT getting home with 40 records sucks and forget about biking with a portable...i need to get a basket or something.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    patrick,

remember that huge haul in redhook when we were riding through that industrial area??
    crazyness.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Get a 3wheeler record carting jammie like Muro has in that video "Chain Reaction."

PS I got a sealed Jaynetts LP. Did they come sealed? It is legit, but wondering if bagged later.

• JazoistJazoist 78 Posts
    Very classic sound track scores, the next one I was after, Clive Bradley productions, hard to get info or sounds on them. I pretty much gave up on finding anything except for soca tunes but I'm sure there is more. I am driving a bike most of the time, I suppose I'm gifted in some way now.

• Options
    Very classic sound track scores, the next one I was after, Clive Bradley productions, hard to get info or sounds on them. I pretty much gave up on finding anything except for soca tunes but I'm sure there is more. I am driving a bike most of the time, I suppose I'm gifted in some way now.

What do you want to know? In my opinion, anything he touched 66-75 has a 95% chance of being boom whether it's straight calypso

or hybrid calypso funk of which he was likely the premiere arrager/writer.

Party on the Block

Freakout

Having a Party

Though he's not credited, I believe this is his.

USe Me

How do you know CLive's work, Jazoist? Canadian Racer Comp?

K in Canada.

No, I know Cnadian racer, and I know this 'Party on the block', I bhave an LP, think, Disco daddy by some fellow from Trinidad, and else I know spome steel pan that he actually produced. It's elusive, but I had been looking for quite a lot more. Probably you would see these productions in a miniature tuple of records from like various Carribean countries. Or am I spreading a rumour around right now ?

Edit: Lord Nelson. Was he produced by Bradley ? Anyeay, I was hunting secretly for this stuff, but I gave up. Would like to mount some of his best. Anybody who can forward some ?

Thanks, I guess I can live with that. A major wildcard, Clive Bradley, between reggae, soca and groovey stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, thanks again. I think I would find out a ton more by just asking around. Soulstrut is not casual. But of course I understand the frivololity of it all. Makes me think about getting to sleep rioght now. Good luck in the near biker's dew time.

• Options
    I think I would find out a ton more by just asking around. Soulstrut is not casual. But of course I understand the frivololity of it all. Makes me think about getting to sleep rioght now. Good luck in the near biker's dew time.

Where are you from? I think there might be something lost in the translation adn maybe that's why people thing you're condescending.

Myself, I'm too laid back to let words seriously affect my state of being.

There's not too many dudes out there more into to Clive's stuff more than myself (other than a couple hard core 50-ish calypso collectors). Why don't you think Soulstrut is casual? You asked about a musician and I was more than willing to spill my guts on what little I know. If you hang around, like I have for 6 odd years now, I'm sure you'll be humbled by the genrosity of my pals.

Kevin in Canada.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    K...I really like your raer pictures....I like the angles you use, especially on the 45s...cool stuff.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    from my experience you have to take pictures of records at sharp angles like that because if not the flash makes every record look like the "White Album"!

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Biking with a portable and a haul isn't so hard guys. Either make a trailer from an old kid buggy or the trike option is always there (hard for long hauls). But I just use the largest Timbuk2 bag ever made, the "tag junkie". Gets heavy though. My trike can't be used in excavating any more. There is a subwoofer box where the basket was.

I think I would find out a ton more by just asking around. Soulstrut is not casual. But of course I understand the frivololity of it all. Makes me think about getting to sleep rioght now. Good luck in the near biker's dew time.

Where are you from? I think there might be something lost in the translation adn maybe that's why people thing you're condescending.

There's not too many dudes out there more into to Clive's stuff more than myself (other than a couple hard core 50-ish calypso collectors). Why don't you think Soulstrut is casual? You asked about a musician and I was more than willing to spill my guts on what little I know. If you hang around, like I have for 6 odd years now, I'm sure you'll be humbled by the genrosity of my pals.

Kevin in Canada.

Ok, I'm a Western Europeaner. I often think anything that is rare and nice is not being mentioned on soulstrut. And I think that some of the best music has to be preserved carefully. Not just for a gig with a DJ or for sampling, but for anyone that wants to listen to it. For music like library and latin/caribbean it's impossible to get to know the best records without spending a fortune and hunting records for years.
    I really appreciate your effort, Clive Bradley is one of the artists I just think it would be nice to hear more often. Wether it's me or somebody else that collects and spins the records, it would not affect my state of being. I thought you were going to play hide and seek, sorry. I feel a bit irritated about people never shedding a light on anything I find exciting to hear. I have to get over that, I think I did so in the last hours. I'm having a good mood again. I'll have another look at these rare finds of yours, they're quite nice. I'm also a bit jealous about the fact that in the US there's more into record stores than over here in Amsterdam.

• Options

Kevin in Canada.

Ok, I'm a Western Europeaner. I often think anything that is rare and nice is not being mentioned on soulstrut. And I think that some of the best music has to be preserved carefully. Not just for a gig with a DJ or for sampling, but for anyone that wants to listen to it. For music like library and latin/caribbean it's impossible to get to know the best records without spending a fortune and hunting records for years.
    I really appreciate your effort, Clive Bradley is one of the artists I just think it would be nice to hear more often. Wether it's me or somebody else that collects and spins the records, it would not affect my state of being. I thought you were going to play hide and seek, sorry. I feel a bit irritated about people never shedding a light on anything I find exciting to hear. I have to get over that, I think I did so in the last hours. I'm having a good mood again. I'll have another look at these rare finds of yours, they're quite nice. I'm also a bit jealous about the fact that in the US there's more into record stores than over here in Amsterdam.

There is a balance for me in that I am a seller digging in areas where knowledge is often not readily available, so knowing how a record sounds early can be to your advantage (in obtaining further copies for sale at cheap prices). I remember buying Frankie Zhivago Young's and Earth Roots and Water's for $30- by the handful, and now those are $800 45's and a $2-300 LP respectively. You asked me about a specific artist which I'm extremely interested in, so I felt obligated to answer.

Easy, K.

P.S. I live in Toronto and not the States.

• Options
    Biking with a portable and a haul isn't so hard guys. Either make a trailer from an old kid buggy or the trike option is always there (hard for long hauls). But I just use the largest Timbuk2 bag ever made, the "tag junkie". Gets heavy though. My trike can't be used in excavating any more. There is a subwoofer box where the basket was.

I have 2 over-the-shoulder bags which can hold about a 100 records comfortably. Not the most enjoyable long distance ride with them full, but I've had to grunt it out on more than a few occasions. Anything else superhuge I usually get van/cab and dismantle the bike for transit.

K.