Do You Have To 'Dress Up' For Work?

13»

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Working for a company loosely linked with the media industry means that they'd never dare do anything as un "right-on" as enforce a dress code.

That being said I actually enjoy wearing a suit and shirt, always have done.

Having said that, too many years of office wear can mess with a man's mind. A 40 something year old colleague at my old work used to come in every dress down friday rocking a pair of lycra cycling shorts. Not a good look doesn't even begin to describe this.
    Duderonomy

• Suit and tie everyday. Never bother with Casual Fridays, which we have. I want to have my head in the game when I'm at work. Also, I run client meetings on Fridays, and it's good to keep my work image consistant. It is part of my office persona.

• A french cuff shirt, dark jeans, leather shoes, and a tie is a fashionable and comfortable everyday attire for work. if you want to get used to it, do wear it Monday through Friday and find those that fit you perfectly. You won't just look good, you'll also feel good.

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Decent shirt, jeans, trainers - clean. In the summer I can do shorts as it gets very hot & humid, but flip-flops would be a little too casual for teaching at a hospital.

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    as long as we don't look like we are at the beach we can dress as we want. we can't have jackets hanging over our chairs tho, it apparently looks messy and the americans don't like that. i work for an american audio company.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    In BCN? Or was that a holiday? Normally would've already got the tequilas lined up but I'm in the honeymoon stage of a new relationship (and this part is rarely indefinite so I'm filling my proverbial boots), but she goes to Prague next week if you have time for a canya.

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    been here one year now and i've picked up more french than spanish. i make time for canyas and whatever else there is to be enjoyed.