go home and make love!

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
thinking of the light my fire thread - you know some nights you play out, and things work out nicely and the mood gets all steamy and sexy and you want to do right by the lovers who gotta clear out cause the place is shutting down - what are some good send them home all hot and *ready* tunes you play?

Comments

• thinking of the light my fire thread - you know some nights you play out, and things work out nicely and the mood gets all steamy and sexy and you want to do right by the lovers who gotta clear out cause the place is shutting down - what are some good send them home all hot and *ready* tunes you play?

without a hint of sarcasm:

Akinyelle's "PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    thinking of the light my fire thread - you know some nights you play out, and things work out nicely and the mood gets all steamy and sexy and you want to do right by the lovers who gotta clear out cause the place is shutting down - what are some good send them home all hot and *ready* tunes you play?

I heard the Young Moist One liked to hit the party people with a little of that Jill Scott to help them get their horizontal groove on.

• thinking of the light my fire thread - you know some nights you play out, and things work out nicely and the mood gets all steamy and sexy and you want to do right by the lovers who gotta clear out cause the place is shutting down - what are some good send them home all hot and *ready* tunes you play?

I heard the Young Moist One liked to hit the party people with a little of that Jill Scott to help them get their horizontal groove on.

Actually, yes I do.

"Gimme" always works....if your game is right.

BUTTERFLY ON MY BUTTONFLY ACTION!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    at this place I used to spin, the DJ booth was in a big ass bay window that looked out onto the street..one night I ended the night with an hour or so of old stuff from the 50s...slow early RnB, doo-wop..real smoochin music... then after, I think it was the Jive Five's "My True Story", I looked out of the window and I saw a couple that was slow dancing to the tunes at the end of the night, fuckin' like Bunnies in a car parked right under the window.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Fatback Band - Feed Me Your Love
    Marvin Gaye- I Want You
    Al Green - I'm Glad Your Mine

late night quiet storm for days

• Brenton Wood - "Gimme A Little Sign" seems to do the trick.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    Tyrone Davis "in the mood"

AWWWWWWYEEEEAH

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts

seriously... it sounds crazy, but this really works... i close out with this a lot... the first time i played it, i was just trying to be a smartass, but people loved it, and they always do

obvious, but effective, are "sexual healing" and "let's get it on", deniece williams - "cause you love me baby", and "between the sheets"/"big poppa"

• Ester Byrde - Touch me, take me

that's the cut!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    doin it - ike and tina
    turn off the lights - larry young
    the next time i see you - the moments
    supernatural - richard ace

work nicely too

• 'jungle fever' by chakachas

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    Jodeci - "Come Up to My Room"

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    "love tko"-teddy pendergrass
    "your love"-jennifer lara
    "phantom lover"-leon ware
    "la la means i love you"-delfonics
    "je t' aime...moi non plus"-jane birkin and serge gainsbourgh
    "mi obsession de amor"-beatriz marquez
    "intimate friends"-eddie kendricks
    "this time"-family connection

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    "If I Ain't Got You"-Alicia Keyes
    "By Your Side"- Sade
    "Purple Rain"-Prince
    "Star of the Story"-Heatwave

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Anything by prince?

• leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts
    Skull Snaps "i'm your pimp"

Or..

Paulette Reaves "your eyes"
    Paris "i choose you"

/L

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    That one with Mos Def from the Hi-Tek Lp where he goes "Front to front and belly to belly, me and you gotta dance together", that is sooo neccessary..."all across the world, bboys and girls, movin and groovin to the soul shockin beat.."...also oscar harris with "relax" (before doing sex), obviously...

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Etta James - You can leave your hat on.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Frank Sinatra - One for my baby.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    D'Angelo-Brown Sugar (Samurai remix)
    Aloe Black-Bailar
    Erykah Badu- Certainly

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Flex - Mad Cobra

Once you're home...Warmfuzzy by Neal Armstrong and its on.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Who did that old schooler...."Helluva" - Brotherhood of Man?...something like that. That was the one too.

Dr. joel

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    D'Angelo - UNTITLED(how does it feel)
    Brainstorm - This Must Be Heaven

Slow jams at the end of the night is probably my fav part.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    do right by the lovers

roy ayers - everybody loves the sunshine. not really a sex song, but sexy nonetheless.

plus everyone seems to know it. most females i know automatically associate it with mary j and enter 'slow dance mode'. perfect for hiphop/house nights when you need to chill everyone out.

i wish people our age would slow dance more - i would love to do an all slow-jams night, but i don't trust that folks would let loose.

this past winter, i wasn't even into the first hour of my set and it was pretty quiet, so i was playing mellow stuff. this couple in their early 20's dropped their pool game and slow danced for like five songs, it began to fill up, but i just wanted to keep it slow and play for them. they danced in that way where they were hardly moving, they were basically just standing there hugging each other, swaying, just a teeny weeny little bit. really nice.

• D'Angelo-Brown Sugar (Samurai remix)
    Aloe Black-Bailar
    Erykah Badu- Certainly

Neo soul people are not interested in sex. They would rather cuddle and
    talk about how intellegent dolphins are while they are drinking herbal tea.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    That one with Mos Def from the Hi-Tek Lp where he goes "Front to front and belly to belly, me and you gotta dance together", that is sooo neccessary..."all across the world, bboys and girls, movin and groovin to the soul shockin beat.."...

You are not serious.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

i wish people our age would slow dance more - i would love to do an all slow-jams night, but i don't trust that folks would let loose.

U'd have to pull this off at a lounge. I've had this idea for years but 21yr olds aint tryin' to hear Freddie Jackson @ midnight. Even grown n sexy cats want some speed. Maybe, Wed night at a jazz club where cats are already settled and drinkin' some cognac out of a snifter without coke or ice. This would probably be my dream gig. And I wouldny feel relegated to play just R&b either.

• That one with Mos Def from the Hi-Tek Lp where he goes "Front to front and belly to belly, me and you gotta dance together", that is sooo neccessary..."all across the world, bboys and girls, movin and groovin to the soul shockin beat.."...

You are not serious.

He is

U'd have to pull this off at a lounge. I've had this idea for years but 21yr olds aint tryin' to hear Freddie Jackson @ midnight. Even grown n sexy cats want some speed. Maybe, Wed night at a jazz club where cats are already settled and drinkin' some cognac out of a snifter without coke or ice. This would probably be my dream gig. And I wouldny feel relegated to play just R&b either.

you, sir, are classier than i. i'm thinking some small neighbourhood bar or basement party with folks from 20 to 65 getting it on on the dancefloor (but nothing too raw - there'd be grandparents in the room). but yea, not just rnb - jazz standards, lovers rock and reggae ballads too.