Black Moon or jay-Z

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
what do you feel is better Black Moon - Stay Real or jay - Z - Public Service Announcement, both songs used the Little Boy Blues sample.I say Black Moooooooooon

Comments

• gets my vote..

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    OC's use of it crushes them both.

• yeah it was fresh on the Word Life album, that was just Buckwild letting heads know he was on that first. i'm pissed that they released the Jigga song when they must have known it was on the black moon album. black Moon dropped first.

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts

its been a while since i've listened to that album, but isn't that just an interlude?

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts

its been a while since i've listened to that album, but isn't that just an interlude?

Yeah, I really don't see how an untouched sample that plays for 15 seconds could crush anything.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Yeah, I really don't see how an untouched sample that plays for 15 seconds could crush anything.

Seriously. gimme a break guys.

Please, P.S.A. pretty much made any other song on that sample more or less irrelevant. And that includes the friggin O.C. interlude.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    hey, anyone know if is there such a thing as a PSA instrumental out there?

• REMODEREMODE 91 Posts
    DIAMOND D ALSO FLIPPED LITTLE BOY BLUES ON XZIBIT'S 1ST LP...HE USED THE BEGINNING OF THE CUT AND THAT BEAT IS

Just listen to the jay-z song you rap hatter!

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    someone upload the psa, dont think ive heard it. dont really pay attention to rap.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

Just listen to the jay-z song you rap hatter!

no way dude!

that 'same ol sample' mix did a nice job of melding the original + black moon + jay-z songs, with the spoken explanation by Just Blaze.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I love Jay, but I got to go with my man Buckshot on this one.

Going to see Black Moon, Smiff-N-Wessun, Heltah Skeltah, Starang Wondah, DJ Logic, Percee P on the 29th of April. Heads will be bobbin'!

Fuck a OC interlude.

• Troubadour killed it..

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    Just Blaze talking about the situation

(listen to the whole file)

sounds like a lame excuse to me...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

he was like... i was like... you know... like... yo... gotta... yo... yo... yeah... like... like... another classic... yo... yo... yo... like... know... it's like... oh my god... you know... you know... you know... i'm like... yo... you know... i'm like... wow...

yeah, that's like so, you know, like wow... i'm saying, yo!

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts

he was like... i was like... you know... like... yo... gotta... yo... yo... yeah... like... like... another classic... yo... yo... yo... like... know... it's like... oh my god... you know... you know... you know... i'm like... yo... you know... i'm like... wow...

yeah, that's like so, you know, like wow... i'm saying, yo!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    The Black Moon cut was dope and got me really excited for a possible return to form.

However,

Jay Z & Just Blaze made that cut completely irrelevant, it dropped off the radio, the radar, and will now forever be remembered as "that song with the same beat as Jay-Z".

In the same way, Dr. Dre completely annihilated Missing Linx on the McCallum beat.

To quote flavor flav, "you can't copyright no beats man". Let the best man win. Why should he need to explain himself?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The Black Moon cut was dope and got me really excited for a possible return to form.

However,

Jay Z & Just Blaze made that cut completely irrelevant, it dropped off the radio, the radar, and will now forever be remembered as "that song with the same beat as Jay-Z".

In the same way, Dr. Dre completely annihilated Missing Linx on the McCallum beat.

Careful--it wouldn't even surprise me if the Strut consensus is that the Missing Linx record is better...

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

Buckwild > Just Blaze i'm sure Blaze would say the same.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts

However,

Careful--it wouldn't even surprise me if the Strut consensus is that the Missing Linx record is better...

Far better.
    Honestly .

However,

Far better.
    Honestly .

damn, thats rediculous.

However,

Far better.
    Honestly .

damn, thats rediculous.

I wonder which record that poncey git idiotproof prefers...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    dude, both of these songs are old as hell. you're late homie. and the jay-z track is better, but i prefer the black moon because i can vibe to it more(PSA is too short)

but i prefer the black moon because i can vibe to it more[/b]

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This thread reminds me of a Jerry Stiller comedy routine.

• ha, didn't know people were doing remixes of my interview..

I never saw an issue here.. it happens all the time that two producers happen to come by the same record, no need to look for hidden MPCs in the grassy knoll to explain that. It was just more noticeable in this case cuz both guys made hotter-than-usual tracks out of it.

Also, I think at this point Just's body of work could hold up against Buckwild's pretty well (though i'm sure he'd be properly humble if you asked him the question)