Wizards or dragons... Who is more asskicking?

portlandjerkportlandjerk 36 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I am siding with dragons, due to their longevity, and scale armor.

Comments

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i concur

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• girgir 329 Posts
    I am siding with dragons, due to their longevity, and scale armor.

who's got the higher initiative?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

The only dudes that would definitively know for sure.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    typically, wizards summon dragons in their spells. So on the one hand, the wizard is more powerful as he can summon the dragon. On the other hand, the wizard is not powerful without the dragon, so you could ardue that the dragon gives the wizard power. Its symbiosis, just like all life on earth.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

The only dudes that would definitively know for sure.

See the realms, that's from Dungeons & Dragons, we used to play that back in the day. Different realms is like, different worlds... and the reality, that's like the 40s, the blunts, and the stunts, yo!"

• I love the Power Glove...It's so bad.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

I love the Power Glove...It's so bad.

that shit didnt even work for a second.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I'm gonna go with squid on this one:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    As an old dude I suspect this Dungeons & Dragons shit was invented so the bullies knew who to beat up at school......the geeks had caught on and were no longer carrying slide rules and wearing pocket protectors!!

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    depends on what dice u use

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Two weeks ago, I stumbled on my roommates collection of Magic The Gather (MTG) in his parents' basement. Where those two weeks have gone, I could not tell you. But I feel that I can answer your question: While Wizards have some neat abilities, Dragons offer much more of an edge -- provided you have the necessary mana to summon them -- due to their ability to fly.

I threw together a nice Drake deck the other day not expecting much from it (I had spent the previous week and a half perfecting a Rat deck reliant on enchantments, but the concept went nowhere. The trouble with the concept is that, like the wizard deck, one needs to correctly stack one's deck with complimentary cards, which is a tad on the tricky side. Granted, the prospect of meeting a grumpy wizard on his bad day brings to mind the English folk tale of Robin Hood's first encounter with Will Scarlett... um... suffice to say Scarlett was the type to pull a sapling from the earth and battle you. Will Scarlett is quite the ally, as is a wizard). Much to my surprise, the drake deck has vanquished many foes. (Back to the rat deck, for a moment. I had challenge-matched a senior at the high school to a game of MTG. The young man, wearing a superiority complex due to his parents' owning of the local dollar store, brought one of his decks "out of retirement" to play me. So he proceeded to beat me in five minutes with his Michael Jordan deck while I pondered what beer to purchase that night. I should mention the young man is a backup's backup in the school choir, so I guess life evens itself out). After about four-straight hours in the MTG test-lab last night, the drake deck is undefeated.

Perhaps I should clarify what a drake is. A drake is a sort of upstart dragon -- a fledgling dragon often depicted with no wings. This can be misleading: many drakes have the capability to fly. They are not the type of giant lizard you often see in movies. They are the type of giant lizards you see canoodling with hydras and wyverns in Western heraldry.

Yet, as the classic interview line goes when describing one's weakness: "I am a perfectionist!" And any perfectionist or MTG magician will tell you that a drake deck does not compare to a dragon deck loaded with Dragon Welps. They will tell you that a workable wizard deck is flirting with insanity.

They will also tell you that Melissa Benson's depiction of a Shivan Dragon is far superior to Donato Giancola's.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

I remember when I made the connection between the chick in "The Wizard" and the chick in Rilo Kiley. Both Jenny Lewis...You could actually see the moment when I was like Ohhhhh.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

"caaaallllllliiiifffooorrrrrnnnniiiiaaaaaa"

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    that movie kicks serious ass

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

Yet, as the classic interview line goes when describing one's weakness: "I am a perfectionist!" And any perfectionist or MTG magician will tell you that a drake deck does not compare to a dragon deck loaded with Dragon Welps. They will tell you that a workable wizard deck is flirting with insanity.
    Truer things have seldom been spoken. About the wizards that is.

Those welps suck. Super high mana cost for an ability that goblins can easily give, and they have limitations too. Multi-Colour dragon decks, now that's some

I need to sell my Magic Cards. I passed on a Black Lotus for $100 once.

Back to the topic at hand. I like their unification:

cool LP but don't overpay, hommie

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    cool LP but don't overpay, hommie
    Yeah, I've only heard the clips mole posted on waxidermy. Really liked the clip. What's the rest of it like and what's a reasonable price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMERALD-WEB-1979-LP-DRAGON-WINGS-WIZARD-TALES_W0QQitemZ4849754832QQ

I dig it, don't remember how the whole thing is though. Electronic-y, right?

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    I go for the six armed Kali Just started to think how much I liked this movie when I was a kid.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

"caaaallllllliiiifffooorrrrrnnnniiiiaaaaaa"

Alright, who besides me was in the nintendo world championships? I got pretty far too, it was held at Universal Studios Hollywood (just like in "The Wizard") and the winner got this...
    Image hosting by Photobucket
    which goes for money on ebay. I seriously cracked under the pressure. I have to dig up the picture of me rocking it at the super mario brothers/rad racer/tetris hybrid game pak they used for the compitition.