Damn SOULSTRUT has gotten crazy!!!!

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Guys the NRR thraeds have here gone too far and especially the ones about funk and
    crate digging. and funk music. I like funk and all but[/b] i think it's just music and i think crate digging is just fashion and more of a cult for young people than a culture. why
    don't you go to a crate digging website to talk about that stuff and keep it record releated here?

you didn't read my post lets leave it. this is the disrespectful. why all the hate? get mad at me but do not get me sweaty!

interesting first post. but still wondering what you are talking about?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    why all the hate? get mad at me but do not get me sweaty!

what's the hell?

• Guys the NRR thraeds have here gone too far and especially the ones about funk and
    crate digging. and funk music. I like funk and all but[/b] i think it's just music and i think crate digging is just fashion and more of a cult for young people than a culture. why
    don't you go to a crate digging website to talk about that stuff and keep it record releated here?

you didn't read my post lets leave it. this is the disrespectful. why all the hate? get mad at me but do not get me sweaty!

BEST FIRST POST EVAR

by the way i'm just choleric.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    why all the hate? get mad at me but do not get me sweaty!

what's the hell?

PLEASE TAKE YOUR MOUTH OFF YOU YOU DON'T KNOW THE TRUE AND DON'T KNOW ME

• I AM SIMPLY A GREAT COLLECTORO

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    funny when i wrote it... not anymore.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I doubt that 90% of this board is here because of hip hop. This is far from the truth.

I see what you're trying to say, but here's the thing: Whether or not dudes choose to acknowledge it, www.soulstrut.com exists because of hip-hop. The sensibilities of the site and of its frequenters have diversified exponentially, but that doesn???t really change the fact that hip-hop and the very particular kind of record collecting that originated therein are the driving wheels of this site, and are the only reason that anyone here has this venue in which to say how very uninterested they are in hip-hop and its particular kind of record-collecting. Now, I wouldn???t expect anyone to bow down before that fact, but it???s something that anyone would do well to take into consideration before popping off with some ???fuck a break???/???you toys think everything has to be funky???/???not all of us collect records for samples, junior??? holier-than-thou-ness. Not that that stuff doesn???t occasionally warrant being said, but dudes who do so need to watch their tone, lest they sound like nimrods. "Small fries, Big Mac!"

And I don???t have much to say about the current state of the board other than it???s suffering from the same diminishing returns as anyplace else that's around for more than a minute. Dudes check out the site, sign up, keep it relevant for a while, then get comfortable, relax, loosen up, and start bullshitting. Subsequent dudes who check it out see the relaxed state of the aforementioned dudes and take this as their starting point, loosen up even further, then start bullshitting even more. Countless such cycles later, here we are now: with too few exceptions, the only folks that are really doing it around here are the same folks who have been doing it, and most of them are drowned out and/or giving up in the face of plankton-wave upon plankton-wave of newly verizonized pistol-shrimp who do little more than crabwalk and click-clack from thread to thread, wasting their unlimited minutes on some "Can you hear me now?" type of fishshit. I mean, it's not like this place used to be Edenic or anything, but it did used to take at least a little while for the surface noise to become unbearable--nowadays, Exhibits A to the motherfucking Z show up fresh daily.

And don???t confuse my memory with snobbery. Evolution is what it is, and I???m not knocking the dudes who prefer things as they currently are; for all my beefing, I???ll be the first to admit that there is much around here to celebrate???"I HEART SOULSTRUT," no doubt.

Still...I knew the bride when she used to rock and roll, you know?

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    And I don???t have much to say about the current state of the board other than it???s suffering from the same diminishing returns as anyplace else that's around for more than a minute.

Soulstrut is like my drunk aunt. I love her, but she fucking talks. Tells the same stories over and over. A few minutes of clarity now and again. I learn to tune her out, mostly. But you gotta come home for the holidays.

See you at Christmas, aunt Sue.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    My conclusion: Soulstrut as a board has menstruation cycles.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    BAN anyone who hasn't donated to the site.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    My conclusion: Soulstrut is a old blabbermouth aunt named Sue with menstruation cycles.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    My conclusion: Soulstrut as a board has menstruation cycles.

yes, a little senstive to the touch these days.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    hundreds of people make up this (and any) forum
    it's pretty lonely over at my matt leblanc fan club forum. get at me if you want the website to join.

• BAN anyone who hasn't donated to the site.

I will send you $10 via Paypal if you can prove you know how to spell the word 'BAN' using lower-case letters.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I will send you $10 via Paypal if you can prove you know how to spell the word 'BAN' using lower-case letters.

Dude, Rey uses $10 bills to detail his Alfa Romeo ...

Can you afford that?

• Can you afford that?

I can afford it like you can afford overpaying for shitty Latin records.

Do you yet have the discretionary income to purchase all of those OG Blue Notes you pretend to not want?

• Jesus, Reynaldo, I thought I was boring.

You spout the same shit every day.

I do not care about your colour-themed Old Navy clothes.

I do not care about your sandal raers.

I do not care about your neatly trimmed George Michael-esque facial hair.

I do not care about the crappy records that you pay hundreds for on eBay and re-sell at a loss when you realize that they are shitty.

I do not care about your multiple personalities and internet aliases, each more bland and soul-less than the last.

I do not care for you at all.

I. Do. Not. Care.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Jesus, Reynaldo, I thought I was boring.

I do not care about the crappy records that you pay hundreds for on eBay and re-sell at a loss when you realize that they are shitty.

I do not care about your multiple personalities and internet aliases, each more bland and soul-less than the last.

I. Do. Not. Care.

is it just me, or does this post remind you of

no dis, just sayin.

• HA! I thought of that too.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    HA! Don't you mean:

same book.

fucking classic.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts

definitely seussian.

good call.

Jesus, Reynaldo, I thought I was boring.

I. Do. Not. Care.
    OK, but do you yet have the discretionary income to purchase all of those OG Blue Notes you pretend to not want?

• Dear Ritchie Rich,

You are a broken record.

Don't you get it?

Sorry to say it man, but I think TheMack is more of a more grown up dude than you. He's held at least one job.

Not that it's any of your concern, because we'll probably never meet in the real world, but I own 50% of a pet store and make about $45,000 a year.

You had the chance to make $10 to spell the word "ban". This would have meant your very first chance to make your own money like a grown-up instead of suckling from mommy and daddy, and you didn't take it.

Shame on you, son.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    why am i not surprised that this turned into another one of those threads
    ease up mojo, you're the only one trying to start something here

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

but I own 50% of a pet store and make about $45,000 a year.

Man, my petit pet collection is worth more than that. And I have a devaluated southamerican income.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

keep going mojo, we are all behind you 100%

• keep going mojo, we are all behind you 100%

Oh? I'm not the only one who thinks Reynaldo is a lame?

• but I own 50% of a pet store and make about $45,000 a year.

Man, my petit pet collection is worth more than that. And I have a devaluated southamerican income.

SHHHHH! We can compare our cock measurements via p.m.