Damn SOULSTRUT has gotten crazy!!!!

Digger_Phelps_IIDigger_Phelps_II 174 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
i remember when people used to get flamed for non-record related threads(of course i'm thinking back to the old-old board circa 2001-2002-2003 with the "Come in and post an unknown break" thread...man that was a kickass thread...some guy was bored in class and posted like 150 breaks)...anywho, i just looked at the front page and was like "dayum"! so much for "crate diggin"!!! its all peace

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i remember when people used to get flamed for non-record related threads(of course i'm thinking back to the old-old board circa 2001-2002-2003 with the "Come in and post an unknown break" thread...man that was a kickass thread...some guy was bored in class and posted like 150 breaks)...anywho, i just looked at the front page and was like "dayum"! so much for "crate diggin"!!! its all peace

this post didn't help too much now, did it?

btw, raer.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    R.I.F.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• this post didn't help too much now, did it?

btw, raer.

What do you mean?

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    ...some guy was bored in class and posted like 150 breaks...

I read that list while... you know...

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    yo seconded.

i mean the hoopla and nonrelated stuff is all great, but if there was an 'off topic forum' or 'general natter' type section that may help. i was actually thinking the redo of the page would include this. guess it is just too much headache to put together.

props to rockadelic rich for keeping shit REEEEEEL on the records tip! bringing some heat back to the game.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

agreed

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    out of the roughly 40 thread topics on the page right now, it looks like less than 8 - including this one - are not record, record-buying, or SS- related.
    i like that there isnt' a separate forum for non-rr talk, because so much of that turns into talk about music, and also, its just like 'dael with it.' so, for all you complainers, here, let me get something for you:

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    didnt you just ask for a record talk only week?

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    didnt you just ask for a record talk only week?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i worded someone elses plea for a record talk day.
    and who could disagree? the last one was like 7 months ago at it was great.
    why? you want BEEF?!

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    With all the microwave DJ's around here, how they gonna talk about records?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Fo real, I thought today was like ALL NEWBIES GET A NON-RELATED THREAD DAY. Like I mean if people are gonna do NRRs which are fine in a lot of cases, make sure it's a topic, people on here give a damn about.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

i meant to complain about that earlier, but currently, my threads and posts turn into

I didn't dare to say it. Most of the NRR is totally stupid. Especially some of those Hip Hop threads. Why don't people go on hip hop websites and post that stuff? Very few posts are a good read.

I just had a look at the Vinylvulture site. While people were hating on me for asking some "immature" question on Soulstrut, a very similar post turned into a 10 pager on vinylvulture. What a shame!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i worded someone elses plea for a record talk day.
    and who could disagree? the last one was like 7 months ago at it was great.
    why? you want BEEF?!

let's not have another mp3 sharing day though. pleeeease.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Especially some of those Hip Hop threads. Why don't people go on hip hop websites and post that stuff?

CRATE DIGGING DJ & B>HIP HOP CULTURE/B>

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    yo, does anyone have the acapella for "Gimmie Some More"?

thanks in advance

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    threads about music are stupid. life > music.

• Lets face it... people are going to post what ever they find interesting at that moment. Sometimes its directly record or music related, sometimes its not. But you don't have to click on every single topic on this forum. I tend to only click topics that I find interesting. If topic is about a rare record or digging for beats, I will most surely check it out. Topics about sports, buying a car, how fat your girl is, top 10 movies, I will most surely pass on. Simple solution.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Topics about paying dues are a MUST CLICK.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Hip Hop Culture[/b]? A culture?! Hahahaha!

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    You have some weird issues with hip hop... that Euro strutters thread comes to mind, and i'm sure you've mentioned before how you wish there was a seperate board for it...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Can we make a separate board for losers like this guy?

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    You have some weird issues with hip hop... that Euro strutters thread comes to mind, and i'm sure you've mentioned before how you wish there was a seperate board for it...

so what? I still think I'm right. Some people on this board need to talk about hip hop a lot. Why not open a seperate forum? What would be so bad about it? I think it would be great. I would check it out from time to time.

it's just that most of those hip hop threads (like Hawkeyes') are totally stupid and unnecessary. I don't have an issue with hip hop. It's music. Music that I like. I'm just annoyed by som many hip hop only threads on here. What does hip hop have to do with collecting or "crate digging".

What was wrong with my Euro (what Euro?!) thread? I can't remember! What did I do wrong?

I think I proved that I can be a nice guy many times. I helped out people from this board. I made moves in the real world. Why can't I speak my mind about certain issues?

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    If you don't know what hip hop has to do with Crate Digging then you are disconnected ...
    The reason why it would be stupid to have a seperate board for hip hop (even though they did in the past) is because that's basically a big part of what Soulstrut is about as opposed to some minor thing that gets mentioned from time to time...
    You may have noticed that there are many beatmakers who sample many of these raer records that are dug up, or who use them in their hip hop orientated DJ sets, and not forgetting the amount of threads we have here. Surely that must give you an idea of the link between hip hop and the crate digging part?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    I think I proved that I can be a nice guy many times. I helped out people from this board. I made moves in the real world. Why can't I speak my mind about certain issues?

cuz... this shit was hilarious! i straight woke up my neighbors while laughing out loud. thanks! good shit...

so what? I still think I'm right. Some people on this board need to talk about hip hop a lot. Why not open a seperate forum? What would be so bad about it? I think it would be great. I would check it out from time to time.

it's just that most of those hip hop threads (like Hawkeyes') are totally stupid and unnecessary. I don't have an issue with hip hop. It's music. Music that I like. I'm just annoyed by som many hip hop only threads on here. What does hip hop have to do with collecting or "crate digging".

i dont know why you CANT talk about hiphop/rap here? you dont find that while crate digging? i have to sit through all of you lousy weekday/end finds every fucking week... i think you can sit through some hiphop threads.

not knockin what you say cuz... just... if youre happier at the VV website maybe youll find people more like you.

im a little lost on the rap threads due to being out of the game/loop... but i dont care what anyone posts. post away! its a forum made up of hundreds of folks from around the world. we all have different thoughts and opinions on a wide variety of topics.

stop hating hip hop...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Well, I wasn't mad while writing that. I just had to laugh about that. Hip Hop is no culture (i'm not mad). it's more like a cult (not in a bad way).

You don't even know me. Call me loser face-to-face if you really need to. What's the point of insulting people on the internet?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    If you don't know what hip hop has to do with Crate Digging then you are disconnected ...
    The reason why it would be stupid to have a seperate board for hip hop (even though they did in the past) is because that's basically a big part of what Soulstrut is about as opposed to some minor thing that gets mentioned from time to time...
    You may have noticed that there are many beatmakers who sample many of these raer records that are dug up, or who use them in their hip hop orientated DJ sets, and not forgetting the amount of threads we have here. Surely that must give you an idea of the link between hip hop and the crate digging part?

hey, i have been here longer than you. i think i know what this forum is all about. no need to educate me. i know that stuff.

let me tell you something though:
    Crate Digging is invloved in Hip Hop a lot, but Hip Hop is not involved in crate digging thaaat much. There were "crate diggers" before hip hop. My local dealer is the biggest crate digger I know. He can live without Hip Hop.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

Well, I wasn't mad while writing that. I just had to laugh about that. Hip Hop is no culture (i'm not mad). it's more like a cult (not in a bad way).

You don't even know me. Call me loser face-to-face if you really need to. What's the point of insulting people on the internet?

you are pretty much talking out of your ass man.
    http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861601882/culture.html

your hatting on hiphop is pretty silly, ive told you this before. so you probably know how i feel about that allready.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

i dont know why you CANT talk about hiphop/rap here? you dont find that while crate digging? i have to sit through all of you lousy weekday/end finds every fucking week... i think you can sit through some hiphop threads.

not knockin what you say cuz... just... if youre happier at the VV website maybe youll find people more like you.

im a little lost on the rap threads due to being out of the game/loop... but i dont care what anyone posts. post away! its a forum made up of hundreds of folks from around the world. we all have different thoughts and opinions on a wide variety of topics.

stop hating hip hop...

thanks for not getting mad at me or at what i said. why can't every post be like yours? very reasonable and open-minded! very these days. a well written and well meant answer!

actually, i will check vv more ofently from now on.

i don't post in those weekday/end finds though

some hip hop threads are not bothering me. but others do. i'm also out of the rap game/loop. i'm here to check for info on records. i'm just saying that it might be easier for site users to have seperate forums. we can talk about hip hop records[/b] ! i still buy good hip hop records and i'm still interested in hearing new music. i'm no hater. how come y'all think i'm hating 24-7?