Sudoku

chungtechchungtech 290 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
When will my sudoku problem go away?It's right by my bed and I have been falling asleep to it nearly every night.THIS SEEMS WRONG!!!I'm also not even really good at it- I make tons of mistakes, can't finish a puzzle, have eraser crumbs all in the bed...

Comments

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I can't get into it.

And I've always been a bit of a logic/puzzle time of person.

It's good that you've accepted your problem though. That's the first step to recovery.

• Man, go for crosswords. Thats a battle of logic and a battle of wits. Far superior, and much more satisfying conclusion.

Plus, Leo Sayer (or "Sayer" in this case) made last Friday's Wall St. Journal Crossword. I didn't think that needed its own thread, though.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    My wife is hooked. We call them her 'crack puzzles'.
    Although her interest peaked about January, she was getting books and stuff of these puzzles, doing them online. Lately I haven't heard her talk as much about it.

Me, I am too stupid to do those OR crossword puzzles.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I am hooked too.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    My wife is hooked.

mine too. it's kind of nice though because when i go out of town i can just buy her a present at the airport.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    studies show they help to deter the effects of alzheimers/parkinsons? hmmm. i'll stick with crosswords cause sudoku is no joke.

• studies show they help to deter the effects of alzheimers/parkinsons? hmmm. i'll stick with crosswords cause sudoku is no joke.

Yeah...reading as well. I've heard crosswords refered to as "mental yoga," and Norman Mailer said that doing the morning crossword was like, "combing my brain." liked that as well.

"Nas" has apparently gotten big enough that he now appears in the NY Times crossword.

was sudoku always around? it seems as of late they have sorta stormed the racks, even dare i say surpassing crosswords in popularity? even my kids at work have math homework involving sudoku! wtf!

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    I managed to quit sudoku but I'm hooked on something new: it looks like toys for a 4 year old but man.....

haha... lately though ive gotten into the habit of doing the sunday crossword and playing with the following with my friend and his son... geotrax. that ill shit. his set is worth upwards to $400 now. elaborate 'clockers' like set up.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    I got a Sudoku book on my toilet.

Everytime I take a crap it always takes the same amount of time to finish my crap as it does to finish a Sudoku.

Sometimes I'm in there for a long time.

I hate it when the blood circulation to my butt cheeks get cut off cause I'm missing 2,6,8 in one row and 1,6,8 in another...

I need help...

(could someone get me outta here?)

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    Wasn't Sudoku in Star Wars or was it Star Trek?

• edubedub 715 Posts
    Wasn't Sudoku in Star Wars or was it Star Trek?

yes... Count Sudoku =