Pet Peeves

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
just took a shower and once again, my friend left the shower thing pulled up after he was done. he always does this. this bothers me so much because i always lower it to check the water temp from the tub faucet, and all the ice cold water thats been collecting in the shower head just ends up dripping down on my hand...annoying.my other roommate always leaves the fucking bread open. and both of them (myself, too sometimes) tend to leave ranch dressing and shit out overnight...also i hate when people play my records and get their fingerprints all over them. usually i just let it go but yesterday i specifically was like "hold it by its edges..." felt kinda nit-picky but whatever. theyre my records.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    you let people play your records?!?!?!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    usually if people wanna hear shit, i play it for them.

but...some people take it upon themselves to check shit out.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

but...some people take it upon themselves to check shit out.

NO JUDGE, NO JURY...

STRAIGHT TO EXECUTION.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I don't even let people breathe on my records.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Bad grammar bugs the crap out of me, which does raise the question of why I even bother going on the intertrons. The really word-wonky stuff I can let go, but for the love of god, people, learn the difference between "your" and "you're." It's really not that hard.

Also, the misuse of the term "begging the question" annoys me, and 95 percent of people who use the phrase misuse it.

People who park across two parking spaces...those motherfuckers need to pay.

• to/two/too. C'mon, we're not in fourth grade anymore; figure it out.

no one touches the records but me. as stated above, that's not a pet peeve so much as asking for trouble.

edit: misspelled 'peeve'. which is, i'm sure, someone's pet peeve.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    i don't let people play my records, but whenever someone comes in my room they feel it necessary to manually spin the platter on my turntable manually with their hand. that shit annoys me to no end. they'll be talking to me and i just ignore them and stare at the spinning platter until i finally get up the nerve to tell them to stop.

another pet peeve is turn signals. when did they become so unnecessary?

WHAT HAPPENED TO COMMON COURTESY ARGH!!!!111

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts
    I know what you mean by dudes mis-handling your records.It seems the bigger the collector the rougher they are with records.I've seen mega-heavy/mega baller collectors treat records like they're made of titanium.Ever see dudes who open the sleeves so wide they become rounded.Fingers all over the disc as they slap it on the turntable.It's like "dude,that's a $500 record,would you mind not blowing your nose on it?"

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    they'll be talking to me and i just ignore them and stare at the spinning platter until i finally get up the nerve to tell them to stop.

Dude, why wait? Tell them right away.

• #1: Thrifts/Goodwills/Sals that hold no raer.

they'll be talking to me and i just ignore them and stare at the spinning platter until i finally get up the nerve to tell them to stop.

please to see "these doods just stole my records"

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

I have.

I have.

more pet peeves!!

• aradpumaaradpuma 83 Posts
    hair, toothpaste, make-up (basically anything that isn't water) being left in the sink or in the shower

people who don't flush after they pee (i don't care if its 330 am and everyone is asleep i dont want to wake up in the morning and either pee on your pee or smell stale urine)

food plates/sticky cups not being in the sink (or at least in the kitchen)

food being left open (chip bags not folded, cereal bags not folded, bread not folded)

yea but the pee stuff is the worst. oh and when dudes leave the seat up, especailly at a filthy man house where no one cleans the toilet so theres pee splatters and pubes all over it sick gross worst ever

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    1) Fuck room mates. Never a good look for me, never again do I plan on having any. Life is much better when you live alone in my opinion.

2) Co-sign on all the grammar peeves. See the parallel thread about Quirks.

• waRshington(the owner of my co. says this at least 8 times a day on the days he happens to show up, we bank with washington mutual btw)
    supposeBly

motherfuckers who dont know how to drive

i kinda hate it when people leave my toliet seat up cuz my cat drinks out of it. i always catch him sipping toliet water>> "MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

soliciters of every kind

bill collectors(i'm never paying you that loot at&t, kiss my ass)

telemarketers

people who have to talk SUPER loud on their cellphones in public

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I hate kitchens that look like this:

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

weird, so do i

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

2) Co-sign on all the grammar peeves. See the parallel thread about Quirks.

even though I'm occasionally guilty of this as well. Plus I don't spell czech my posts.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    People that clip their fingernails in public. DIE

Loud ass people on their cellphones. DIE

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Who drinks that much soda?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

why do you put the cans in the sink instead of the garbage.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Well, it seems they do it because the trash is full but I often do it to drain it and to keep it away from ants.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

That shit always pisses me off, my room mate always fucking puts the cans in the sink. its annoying when he leaves food to crust over on plates in the sink--annoying as hell when you dont have a dishwasher and you have to clean that shit. He leaves food out too which I dont understand.

He's not that bad though, not as bad as another friend of ours. He left open beef on the counter in his apartment for like three days straight and I happened to see it there for those three days untouched then out of nowhere he just gets up and puts in the fridge

But yes, I hate people not handling my records nicely and a pile up of dishes on the sink. Nasty kitchens are the worst

• The word "irregardless". Apparently it is somewhat accepted in "common speech", it's just stoopid tho,

"not without regard"??? fuck outta here.

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    I don't even let people breathe on my records.

Yeah, I'm pretty much like that as well.

This weekend my wife asked me to buy her a 50 cent LP at the thrift shop, and when we got home she said she was going to play "Her record". I cringed. In my head I though: I can't have her touching my turntable....

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    pet peeves @ my work (im a liquor store clerk):

credit/debit cards for purchases under $10(today some guy:$2.09)

cell phone discussions in the store, NEVERMIND AT THE COUNTER!!!

small talk about the weather

regulars that are like robots, buy the same thing everyday and say the same BS

when mufuckas gimme 50 lottery tickets to "see if there are any winners"

when mufuckas start telling me ti punch in numbers for lottery (fill out the slip douchebag, ya play the same numbers everyday!)

people asking what scratch tickets are "hot"

jerks breaking up 6-packs for a single, when we have two coolers full of pre-singled singles

idiots bringing in big bags of sticky unrinsed unsorted empties

i could go on and on....

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    pet peeves @ my work (im a liquor store clerk):

idiots bringing in big bags of sticky unrinsed unsorted empties

that shit is annoying as hell

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    I can't stand it when people crease/fold pages of books that you have lent them. My gf is a paticularly bad offender, it makes me cringe the way she breaks the spines...

On the music side of things I am ultra carefull.I used to share a flate with a friend I had grown up with(at the time I had known him about 20years) and kept all my records and gear(samplers etc) under lock and key in my spare room.
    When my gf asked why I wouldn't supply him with a spare key she thought my reply of "He will misfile things..." was unreasonable...

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    This is kind of wierd, but I hate when caps to things (condiments, water bottles, etc) are only half screwed on, so when you grab them they spill. Two particularly vexing examples are half screwed water bottles next to the bed, which inevitably spill into the bed, and the recent half screwed hot sauce cap, which i tried to shake up, resulting in hot sauce all over my kitchen, shirt and face. Luckily, my girl has learned, but for a while goddamn. Worst part is she doesn't fuck with the hot sauce, so that was on me. Grrrrr.

And sorry to all the spelling and grammer fiends, life's to short for proof reading...