Backpack Rap Discussion

2»

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Do you also feel this way about E-40?

honestly i don't know his catalog so i can't speak on it. It seems like they get far more love in the Bay than elsewhere, and to be fair, i'm sure it is the newjacks like me who are poppin' off with nonsense like "i can't get with this style or that" without having much knowledge of rap.

Some call it...voicing your honest opinion. Others call it...talkin' out yo' azz.

TRUE. but i doubt many people outside the Bay sweat Aceyalone's older material as classics.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Do you also feel this way about E-40?

honestly i don't know his catalog so i can't speak on it. It seems like they get far more love in the Bay than elsewhere, and to be fair, i'm sure it is the newjacks like me who are poppin' off with nonsense like "i can't get with this style or that" without having much knowledge of rap.

Some call it...voicing your honest opinion. Others call it...talkin' out yo' azz.

TRUE. but i doubt many people outside the Bay sweat Aceyalone's older material as classics.[/b]

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

TRUE. but i doubt many people outside the Bay sweat Aceyalone's older material as classics.

Please stop.

sorry, for better or worse this thread is a classic though.

• sorry, for better or worse this thread is a classic though.

Not really, this shit is kind embarassing, and btw Aceyalone is from LA.

• Do you also feel this way about E-40?

Bay Area..why the Bay Area?
    Oh how wrong you are...
    ...but maybe internationally he is more appreciated... Which he is.

As for Magnificent City sounding the same...
    You have got to be from outer space with that comment. You are getting old... but i'm probably older...

anyway, this seems like a baiting thread to stir people like Archaic & me up...

Its not gunna work this time...

and you'll notice that Aceyalone has an L and an A in his name (like LA). E-40 only has the letter E, and a number. Aceyalone backwards is Enolayeca. Take the "no" out of there (to represent the Positive, not the Negative) and you have Elayeca. put a "-" in that and you get Elaye-Ca. Say it out loud. Thats right, LA, CA.

DUH. You think with a name like that he could be from the bay? Not with all those hidden LA messages in his name he couldn't.

I know all sorts of shit about raps music.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

and you'll notice that Aceyalone has an L and an A in his name (like LA). E-40 only has the letter E, and a number. Aceyalone backwards is Enolayeca. Take the "no" out of there (to represent the Positive, not the Negative) and you have Elayeca. put a "-" in that and you get Elaye-Ca. Say it out loud. Thats right, LA, CA.

DUH. You think with a name like that he could be from the bay? Not with all those hidden LA messages in his name he couldn't.

This is the best post of this thread. hahahaha.

NO YOU DON'T. THE ONLY RAPPER YOU KNOW IS ON A CANDY BAR! I'LL BATTLE YOUR WHOLE CREW AT A TIME BIYOTCH! PLEASE G, DISSING YOU IS TOO E-Z.

PEACE.

• I know all sorts of shit about raps music.

NO YOU DON'T. THE ONLY RAPPER YOU KNOW IS ON A CANDY BAR! I'LL BATTLE YOUR WHOLE CREW AT A TIME BIYOTCH! PLEASE G, DISSING YOU IS TOO E-Z.

PEACE.

is this a hot 16 from your boy "Copywrite"?

PEACE.

I bet DIzzy knew that Melle Mel was working as a male stripper recently & you didn't... Ha!

PEACE.

I bet DIzzy knew that Melle Mel was working as a male stripper recently & you didn't... Ha!

I think it's more because of the types of clubs he frequents.

• Oops!

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts

Dude don't flaunt your ignorance. Whether or not you dig Aceyalone's style you can't deny his contribution to the artform or his infulence. If you don't understand his history how can you judge where he is comming from.

You have got to be from outer space with that comment. You are getting old... but i'm probably older...

I stopped checking for aceyalone years ago, but decided to give the new album a try (ie. soulseek). IMO it ranks right up there w/ Little Bro as some of the most boring rap music I've heard had the chance to listen to in recent times. oh yeah and looping another track off of that "Sophy" lp for the opening track is

I stopped checking for aceyalone years ago, but decided to give the new album a try (ie. soulseek). IMO it ranks right up there w/ Little Bro as some of the most boring rap music I've heard had the chance to listen to in recent times. oh yeah and looping another track off of that "Sophy" lp for the opening track is

Perhaps you could school us on some un-boring Rap music then...?

• As for Magnificent City sounding the same...

What a shame then...

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

[Faux Rillz]They have a song titled "disconnected" what did you expect?[/Faux Rillz]

No, but your more then welcome to take a stab at it. Let us know how that works out for you.

No, but your more then welcome to take a stab at it. Let us know how that works out for you.

I'm just curious about what floats your boat. So many people who tend to critise so called backpack rap can't name a dozen artists of said genre. As for myself where do i start People under the Stairs, Ohmega Watts, RA the Rugged Man, Lightheaded, Fresh Air, Modill, The Maroons, Talib kweli the list goes on...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I relistened to Magnificent City tonight. Granted, it drags in parts. But lyrically these 3 songs cannot be fronted on:

A Beautiful Mine
    Caged Bird
    Mooore

I'm just curious about what floats your boat. So many people who tend to critise so called backpack rap can't name a dozen artists of said genre.[/b] As for myself where do i start People under the Stairs, Ohmega Watts, RA the Rugged Man, Lightheaded, Fresh Air, Modill, The Maroons, Talib kweli the list goes on...

name names or your soft.

My post was aimed at Rap79 i thought that was obvious.
    I was just asking him to name a few of the people that he rates.
    He declined...

My post was aimed at Rap79 i thought that was obvious.

"so many people" usually doesn't refer to just one person, but you know, chalk it up to regional dialectic bias.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

damn, this thread has like 18 locations in it! Im taking this one though.

• 'I haven't used a microwave for over 10 years, but i reckon all the new ones suck'.

'So you prefer a regular fan forced oven then?'

'yep'

'Oh cool. For a minute there I thought you knew what you were talking about'

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I would rather much take Copywrite over Aceyalone. ayo!!!

Copywrite has yet to recover from two internet publicized ass beatings

One I think was pretty much disproven. The second one.........