Harp (instrument related)

BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
It makes a long time now that I'm interested by the sound of the harp, great instrument. I love it.Naturally, I bought 2/3 records with harp's sounds... I was looking for more records on eBay and found this: I won't buy it on the internet but Imma be on the lookout for that kind of little model, for sure!Who has ever mess with this?

Comments

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    I haven't but a friend of mine made one out of PVC pipe.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I haven't but a friend of mine made one out of PVC pipe.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Bapt I am adding you to my list of people I need to go to a bar with.

Do you know of any good french harp albums?

I'm guessing you probably got a lot of David Snell albums, if not you should pick them up I think they'd be up your alley

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

"I just found the vinyl in my record collection. She signed it and I was supposed to send her $5 in 1977 but never did. I would love to be able to do so. She left the address of 1747 Sunset in Seattle."

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I heard that it's very difficult to play the harp. It gets out of tune every 30 minutes or so. You need to pitch it all the time. Is that true?

Jonny Teupen has some more harp records. On his library label KTS (Kuhn-Teupen-Sound), and on MPS: Harporhythm (has been re-released as "Never Gonna Be A Skyscraper" on the Selected Sound library label) and Harpedelic. Harpedelic sounds more interesting IMO. But Harporhythm is also a fantastic record.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    You can't just get a puny little harp if your heart for harps harps much more than that. I would go for the wind harp. Then I would locate your nearest hill.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Bapt and Guzzo

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Bapt and Guzzo

My purse isn't that brightly colored.

I'll chug some amaretto sours though

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    my girl just bought a harpsicle. It sounds made up, but its not. Its a bit smaller than a full size harp which are impossibble to tune and cost $$$.

For good solo harp music, check Liz Kelley (she played with the great Steve) and Joel Andrews among others.

• girgir 329 Posts

"I just found the vinyl in my record collection. She signed it and I was supposed to send her $5 in 1977 but never did. I would love to be able to do so. She left the address of 1747 Sunset in Seattle."

this seesm like one of those records that every copy is signed.

that said, i have this random harp record from paraguay where the dude makes some crazy snappy string percussive sounds.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    That Carol Kleyn sucks. Get with some Georgia Kelly "seapeace" and shit.

• montymonty 420 Posts

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Yeah, that Teupen record is crazy! I like "Canon Mood" the best though.

Yeah, the big, orchestra-type harp is a murder to keep in tune (and a murder to carry around), but there are many smaller harps that you can get cool sounds out of. I even think they made an amplified harpsicle.

I want to hear your harp-in-wah fuzzbox raer.

- J

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

all tracks are covers of Satie, Debussy, and Cage

Private press mindfuck

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

all tracks are covers of Satie, Debussy, and Cage

Private press mindfuck