Post A Vintage LP Dante Has Not Seen Before

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Please, none of this common ass Rulon Jones dollar bin common shit, I need some mystical mythical unicorn type raers. Whatchoo got?

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Australian private press free jazz anyone?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    How many of ya'll are f*ck*ng wit' this?

• wow, look at those nails.

• Options
    Kane would be proud of that high top fade...

K.

• How many of ya'll are f*ck*ng wit' this?

Is that a Detroit piece? That name sounds very familiar.

My new local fave is...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Is that a Detroit piece? That name sounds very familiar.

I'm not sure where it's out of. I'll have to give it a look when I get home. Copped in NY at a flea market.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• I need some mystical mythical unicorn type raers. Whatchoo got?

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    I need some mystical mythical unicorn type raers. Whatchoo got?

Somebody stole his irises????? ow

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    How many of ya'll are f*ck*ng wit' this?

That sounds like the title of a Blowfly record.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Kane would be proud of that high top fade...

K.

eddie munster would be proud of the widow's peak

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

In the late 80's legendary psych dealer Paul Major asked me to "track down" Peter Grudzien to see if he had any copies of his LP "The Unicorn" to sell. Paul knew exactly where Peter lived but was somewhat hesitant to approach him in person.

I called Peter and had a brief conversation about his LP and music career. He told me that he didn't have any spare copies of the LP as he had given them all away at various Gay Pride Parades in NYC, but he kindly offered to send me a cassette copy of the LP which I politely accepted.

A few days later I received a package from him with the tape and a note that said "Play this for all the Sisters in Dallas"....it was obvious that he assumed I was gay.....I guess in his mind why would anyone who is straight be interested in his overtly gay LP. My wife and I had a few laughs and she said "He'll be disappointed if he ever comes to Dallas to visit you".

About a week later I received a second package from Peter....again a cassette tape but this time the note explained that he had been thinking alot about me and had written a song for me.....the song was titled "Hunky Honkey" and was about picking up men in a C&W bar!!!

This cut did appear on a later CD release!!

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    I have that Friends of the Family LP.

Peter Grudzien gay SSW cowboy steez burns my irises.

MICHAEL CHAPMAN RULES HANGOVER MORNS.
    Karen Briggs is way beyond me, though I can dig 80s electro-fiddle.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

My new local fave is...

i like this record too...

rockadelic- awesome story!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

About a week later I received a second package from Peter....again a cassette tape but this time the note explained that he had been thinking alot about me and had written a song for me.....the song was titled "Hunky Honkey" and was about picking up men in a C&W bar!!!

HA! Was this the start of a beautiful and secret "friendship"?

• I have that Friends of the Family LP.

baaaaaaaaaaah!

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I have that Friends of the Family LP.

baaaaaaaaaaah!

another secret squirrel blown up.
    LAS VEGAS REPRESENT!

Props for picking this one up.......looks can be deceiving......have only seen 2 other copies and one was trashed....

I'll step up my game sometime tonight.

• I need some mystical mythical unicorn type raers. Whatchoo got?

In the late 80's legendary psych dealer Paul Major asked me to "track down" Peter Grudzien to see if he had any copies of his LP "The Unicorn" to sell. Paul knew exactly where Peter lived but was somewhat hesitant to approach him in person.

I called Peter and had a brief conversation about his LP and music career. He told me that he didn't have any spare copies of the LP as he had given them all away at various Gay Pride Parades in NYC, but he kindly offered to send me a cassette copy of the LP which I politely accepted.

A few days later I received a package from him with the tape and a note that said "Play this for all the Sisters in Dallas"....it was obvious that he assumed I was gay.....I guess in his mind why would anyone who is straight be interested in his overtly gay LP. My wife and I had a few laughs and she said "He'll be disappointed if he ever comes to Dallas to visit you".

This might be the greatest thing I've ever read on Soulstrut!

Could you maybe call him back and ask if he has any of the LP's from the other 4 bands on his "Unicorn" label? Tell him you lay in bed at night and listen to his song "Whitetrash Hillbilly Trick" and you dream about ripping that patch off his britches. LOL!!!!

This made my year!

Could you maybe call him back and ask if he has any of the LP's from the other 4 bands on his "Unicorn" label? Tell him you lay in bed at night and listen to his song "Whitetrash Hillbilly Trick" and you dream about ripping that patch off his britches. LOL!!!!

This made my year!

LOL....I guarantee you some folks who read this are gonna think you made up the "White Trash Hillbilly Trick" title....

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

Props for picking this one up.......looks can be deceiving......have only seen 2 other copies and one was trashed....

I know Van's daughter and she has a handful of those. Apparently the majority were stored at Van's when the place burned down to the ground, so whatever are left are very scarce. She said a second followup record was cut but has no idea where they are, she suspects they met the same fate as the others. I might be able to get another copy of the first record from her, she would be very excited to hear people were into it.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

This made my year!

LOL....I guarantee you some folks who read this are gonna think you made up the "White Trash Hillbilly Trick" title....

I was thinking 50/50 chances of it being a real title!

• If someone could send me a PM on how to post up MP3's...I'll fuck your world up with this record. You'll have trouble sleeping at night having heard Peter's sweet-ass voice.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

I know Van's daughter and she has a handful of those. Apparently the majority were stored at Van's when the place burned down to the ground, so whatever are left are very scarce. She said a second followup record was cut but has no idea where they are, she suspects they met the same fate as the others. I might be able to get another copy of the first record from her, she would be very excited to hear people were into it.

what kind of music is this? i don't know anything about. enlighten.

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts

what kind of music is this? i don't know anything about. enlighten.

really nice collection of 2 live performances of covers (recommended)

side 1 buddy right with covers of i feel good, tobacco road, and summertime and a few more

side 2 mr jesse lanford (i think thats the name) with a nice cover of harlem shuffle and some ballad type stuff

i think the band on both sides the the royal sounds

ill bring it by tomorrow

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts

weird afro style reggae record

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

baroque