Bumpshop ft. Chris "Iceburg" Burgan **3/11**

maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
edited March 2006 in Announcements
Queen City Represent! Chris Burgan, co-curator of the acclaimed Contemporary Arts Center, Cincinnati museum exhibit, ???A Thousand Years Too Late: A History of Cincinnati Soul" & primary selector @ "Move On Up" joins us this month, delivering the finest in vintage Porkopolis (& other Midwest) funk. FYI, Chris was also instrumental in orchestrating the recent Pure Essence "Wake Up" reissue on SoulCal - essential sh*t, a Dante signature tune, . In commemoration it's been rumored that former Essence drummer L.A. Reid may or may not be making an exclusive Bumpshop appearance (no word on Kenneth Edmonds). Friends, colleagues & cheapskates PM me for comp akshun. Hope some of youse can make it.Peace,Mao

Comments

• What's the weather forecast?

• Hopefully NOT that snow, man. The blizzard precluded my presence last month since my flight back to NYC the evening of was cancelled.
    Will consult Al Roker closer to the date & get back to you.

• What's the weather forecast?

The early word is 60 degree temps this weekend. Perfect for mingling, baby.

• David_GDavid_G 60 Posts
    with no fucking blizzard in sight.. do not fear the night of the living dead witnessed on the street at the end of the last months night. We try to bring you a unique guest every month from the Names to the names; as always, scarce excellent soul/funk sounds... no other venue in the US has a budget or the will.

Not to be missed.
    Hope to se ya'll.
    PM Mao for the list.

• Damn skippy, Mr. Griffy.
    Anyways, tonight, people.