drum roll to...iPod boombox? ho hum

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• It looks like the designer was really tired, wanted to go home, and just said "Fuck it I'm done."

• And why does it come with a Bic lighter again?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    this was the worst idea ever.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    BUTT.

• was this the announcment made today?

what a fucking let down, is that supposed to be portable and shit? that shit will be great when one of nates wookie friends thinks its the cooler and pours ice all over it, and most like likely pukes in it as well, and maybe gives it a hump or two

• nates wookie friends
    nates wookie friends
    nates wookie friends
    nates wookie friends
    nates wookie friends

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    i'm curious what the announcement was in regards to pricing...anyone know?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    seriously, I'm a fan of Apple (Steve Jobs helps pay my rent, jyeah!) but the boombox and Intel powered Mac Mini (don't get me started on the iPod leather cases) are just underwhelming. Not worth a big media event.

No MacTivo.
    No Video iPod.
    No iPod Phone.

Boo.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

This one looks better

BTW,

AAPL dropped 2.25 today. 'nuff said.

• Also announced today was the Intel Mac Mini with infrared for remote control, Frontrow application that allows you to use it play downloaded movies, TV, music on your television, and Bonjour technology that lets you stream media found anywhere on your network.

edited to add:
    oops..ODub covered it

don't forget this: iPod...SOCKS!

this is not a joke

Did I mention the socks were $30?

• Did I mention the socks were $30?

my friend has one, i have no fucking idea why he bought it, he treats his ipod like its his kid, especially when it doesnt work right

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

= $349 ???????

what an expensive microwave poptard machine!

• seriously, I'm a fan of Apple (Steve Jobs helps pay my rent, jyeah!) but the boombox and Intel powered Mac Mini (don't get me started on the iPod leather cases) are just underwhelming. Not worth a big media event.

No MacTivo.
    No Video iPod.
    No iPod Phone.

Boo.

It would have been a slam dunk if they put TIVO-like functionality into the mac mini. There must be some reason they can't other than technical. Either they don't want to tick off the media conglomerates, or it's just not an area they want to cover. They probably don't want to give consumers encoding ability for video like they do with audio.

Eventually I believe they will get more involved in video, or somebody will get them involved. In fact, after some digging I did find A HREF="http://www.mythtv.org">mythTV, which looks promising, but you still need to run the server on a linux machine.

Only thing that is cool is the mini has optical sound I/O. You can bet the audiophile / home theater nerds are going to get super wood over that.

Boo x 2.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

this is not a joke

Oh my......

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Man, if something like mythtv could be run on something as aesthetically pleasing and cheap as a macmini, I'd be all about it. Until then, I'll continue to use the old laptop to play movies/music/show weather and traffic info in the morning on the living room TV.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

this is not a joke

Oh my......

that doesnt even partially make sense. People will still buy it i guess though. Apple is caking up.

• Options

Not really 'nuff said there Odub, you're leaving some things out...

AAPL also dropped 5 when the video iPod was announced, and recouped all of the loss and even posted gains the next day. Stocks like AAPL that preannounce the fact that they are making an "announcement" will frequently drop when the announcement is made, an example of the classic adage of "buy the rumor sell the news".

Also, GOOG roiled the entire market today by announcing they see growth slowing, so AAPL really didn't stand a chance.

Those products aren't exactly the greatest things ever, but tomorrow's action really is more telling than today's.

Not really 'nuff said there Odub, you're leaving some things out...

AAPL also dropped 5 when the video iPod was announced, and recouped all of the loss and even posted gains the next day. Stocks like AAPL that preannounce the fact that they are making an "announcement" will frequently drop when the announcement is made, an example of the classic adage of "buy the rumor sell the news".

Also, GOOG roiled the entire market today by announcing they see growth slowing, so AAPL really didn't stand a chance.

Those products aren't exactly the greatest things ever, but tomorrow's action really is more telling than today's.

I hope your (smarter) analysis bears out. My family's got way too much scrill invested in AAPL right now.

• don't forget this: iPod...SOCKS!

this is not a joke

that poor fella badly needs a hat to match..reminds of someone on here`s pics a while back with the matching socks,hat...everything.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    kind of random but m&s makes this janky intercom system with an ipod dock.

• Did I mention the socks were $30?

yeah, but you get 6 different colors in a pack!!

that makes it like, what?, $5 per sock! what a bargain!!!

SHERWIN WILLIAMS FOLL
    DID YOU GET ON THAT?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Don't most people know that you can get any computer speakers to plug into an iPod/mp3 player of any brand and it sounds just fine?

Not to mention, why would anyone spend all that on what is essentially the same docking bay/speaker system that Target already stocks like 5 different versions of?

Don't get me started on the socks, skins, 'leather' cases etc, all of which retail roughly for at LEAST $25 and up. People will feel like chumps when those $25 rubber skins are 5 for a buck at Dollar Tree in 2 years time. Course by then, the accessory money will have been made.

I was thrilled to find those stupid iPod condoms that actually FIT the new ones for 3 for $20 at radio shack. The Apple store was asking $25 FOR ONE. Assholes.

I was thrilled to find those stupid iPod condoms that actually FIT the new ones for 3 for $20 at radio shack.

There will always be savvy shoppers like yerself but companies gotta find ways to make money. The privledged will always buy out of convenience, and if that means stepping into a ___________ store and instantly getting dipped, so be it.

Getting discounts at Radio Shack is a good look though, werd em up.

The privledged will always buy out of convenience.

TIME IS MONEY
    MONEY IS TIME
    DEAL WITH IT
    UGH

• I hope your (smarter) analysis bears out. My family's got way too much scrill invested in AAPL right now.

hasn't wu tang financial taught you anything???

DIVERSIFY!

seriously, dont fuck yourself over and come crying back to soulstrut.