MOST HORRIBLE SONG OF THE MOMENT?

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I remember thinking that pop music couldn't get much worse than it was in 1986.

I heard a preview of the new Christina Aguilera alubm and the shit was retarded. It's her "Jazz" record except instead of being influenced by Ella she's biting the Andrews Sisters or something. Such high hopes for the girl. Somebody get me a gun.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    "tell me when to go", and that new TOO SHORT song where he talks about being around for 225,000 hours or 300 months... those songs make me feel like pop music (save for the 86-87 era) is at an all-time low.

die

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I learned a while ago that there's a distinct difference between what I like and what the CLUB likes. I DJ at the bigger, commercial clubs here in South Beach... so guess what i'm playing?
    90% of what I play I never listen to at home.
    But play me the first 16 bars of a song and i'll tell you whether it'll drop in the club... as my boy once told me "80% them, 20% you."
    Nelly, Paul Wall, E-40, LL Cool J whatever... it'll blow the fuck up in the club, the chicks will love it, the manager will be all smiles and i'll be collecting my fat pay check, thankyou.
    Gang Starr, Talib Kweli, James Brown, Terry Callier, The Silhouettes whatever... that's for ME in MY time.

• "tell me when to go", and that new TOO SHORT song where he talks about being around for 225,000 hours or 300 months... those songs make me feel like pop music (save for the 86-87 era) is at an all-time low.

die

If you can't get with Too Short talking about how long he's been rapping and putting out albums, then you can't get with Too Short.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    "tell me when to go", and that new TOO SHORT song where he talks about being around for 225,000 hours or 300 months... those songs make me feel like pop music (save for the 86-87 era) is at an all-time low.

die

On the cool, die for real. Both of them shits are outta control! Blow the whistle is the best Too Short song since burn rubber maybe...

• The new Busta Joint, up there with D4L...

• Is there anything worse than this?

She touched... the ground... it turned... me out...

worst long pausing and horrible flow.

although shit is wack-
    same flow as "going back to cali"....at least its his flow, and not ....

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I heard a preview of the new Christina Aguilera alubm and the shit was retarded. It's her "Jazz" record except instead of being influenced by Ella she's biting the Andrews Sisters or something. Such high hopes for the girl. Somebody get me a gun.

Why would you have high hopes for her? There's nothing she can't glory-hand to death. I am curious to hear the Primo tracks, though...maybe there's a good instrumental to be had.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    this heinous trend was started by Gwen Stefani's Holla Back Girl... the only differance between that and My Humps is that some fools will actually try and tell you the stefani is good and the BEP is crap... both set the bar so lo it's almost mind boggling.

im thinking only our boy K-Fed can limbo his way under the standards bar at this point when he brings that

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Ya, ya grill ya, ya, ya grill

this was going to get my vote as well. i could have liked it, but the girls' parts bug the shit out of me.

i get it, but can't say i can stand it - chicks calling dudes (who are not their father) daddy. ew.

Worst hook since "slow motion fuh me. slow motion fuh me. slow motion fuh me."

What is wrong with you?

The new Busta Joint, up there with D4L...

"Touch It" or something newer than that?

The original version is not bad, but the "all-star" remix is one of the worst things out right now. Painful.

die

On the cool, die for real. Both of them shits are outta control! Blow the whistle is the best Too Short song since burn rubber maybe...
    all i'm saying is "Blow the whistle is the best Too Short song since burn rubber maybe..." isn't saying much. i love too short (up 'till cocktails) , but he sounds bored on that new song.

The "all-star" remix is one of the worst things out right now. Painful.

I take it back, THIS is the worst song that I have heard in YEARS!!!

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

Besides paul wall, what white dudes rock grills/z?

Just sayin...

sayin.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

die

If you can't get with Too Short talking about how he invented the word "biyatch", then you can't get with Too Short.

die

If you can't get with Too Short talking about how he invented the word "biyatch", then you can't get with Too Short.
    all i know is that in 9th grade, that kriss kross song was No.1 for a few weeks, just like ice ice baby, the year before... if this was 1990, would you guys be saying that i was disconnected for disliking them? i love too short. R.I.P. john sucker MC doe... but that "whistle song" is fucking stupid.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    this heinous trend was started by Gwen Stefani's Holla Back Girl... the only differance between that and My Humps is that some fools will actually try and tell you the stefani is good and the BEP is crap... both set the bar so lo it's almost mind boggling.

im thinking only our boy K-Fed can limbo his way under the standards bar at this point when he brings that

Good point. cant wait for k-fed to shut the game down.

MJ, i kinda agree with you. some of the 'horrible' songs mentioned above - "grillz" "slow motion" etc - were made to be catchy as hell. so its no wonder a) that they're at the top of the charts and b) people here are annoyed by them. there's some kind of art talent skill that goes into making successful pop songs, and a lot of times it goes hand in hand with be unbearably catchy.
    that said, i've only heard the too short track a couple times, but its just dope.

MJ, i kinda agree with you. some of the 'horrible' songs mentioned above - "grillz" "slow motion" etc - were made to be catchy as hell.

I ask again: what is wrong with you dudes?

"Slow Motion" is not at all in the same class as "Grillz"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    MJ, i kinda agree with you. some of the 'horrible' songs mentioned above - "grillz" "slow motion" etc - were made to be catchy as hell.

Which ones good and which ones bad?

Rodeo is pretty shitty. Juve kinda messed up there. Cool and dre = overhyped like a motherfucker.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I'm gonna join my on-again, off-again compadre faux in stating that Slow Motion was always good.

As far as Grillz goes, give me the Chingo Bling verse from the remix and I'm straight.

Also regarding Busta's track, it's the most off-kilter beat that I've heard since the change-ups in Saafir's solo debut Runnin' from 5-0. That being said, I think I like it.

MJ, i kinda agree with you. some of the 'horrible' songs mentioned above - "grillz" "slow motion" etc - were made to be catchy as hell. so its no wonder a) that they're at the top of the charts and b) people here are annoyed by them. there's some kind of art talent skill that goes into making successful pop songs, and a lot of times it goes hand in hand with be unbearably catchy.
    that said, i've only heard the too short track a couple times, but its just dope.
    point taken and understood. just to be honest though, when ice ice baby came out, i recorded it straight off of the radio and listened to that shit non-stop.

Rodeo is pretty shitty. Juve kinda messed up there. Cool and dre = overhyped like a motherfucker.

"Slow Motion" is good, you terd.

"Rodeo" is horrible, though, as all further attempts Juve will inevitably make to duplicate the success of "Slow Motion" will be.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

"Slow Motion" is good, you terd.

"Rodeo" is horrible, though, as all further attempts Juve will inevitably make to duplicate the success of "Slow Motion" will be.

Rodeo ain't bad at all...although it took me repeated listens to realize it.

for the record, i like slow motion and for a month or two there were times i could enjoy grillz.
    both the songs though were made as pop-rap hits. so was "ice baby" and 90% of JD's producing catalogue. there's a lot more factors that go into making these songs "horrible" (in some folks minds) than the actual quality of the song

• "tell me when to go"

ban.

• Ya, ya grill ya, ya, ya grill

regional bias

bias or not fak-a-nelly (he has provided us with a full discography to fill this thread) kelly rowland anyone

Nah, I was just playin. I'm not a fan of this song, but it does get the beckys jumping. This is probably the single most requested song by white women when I dj. I was just breaking that down to Hogg the other day.

Besides paul wall, what white dudes rock grills/z?

Just sayin...

hey, what is "grillz"? who performs this joint?

sincerely yours,

Disconnected From the Streets

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Why would you have high hopes for her? There's nothing she can't glory-hand to death. I am curious to hear the Primo tracks, though...maybe there's a good instrumental to be had.

I think she is thinking about her music and she has the pipes to do somehting special. I thought her last album was a step forward toward better things. Of all the new girls (maybe outside of Alicia Keyes) I think she has the most potential.

• "Slow Motion" is good.

"Rodeo" is horrible.

• The new Busta Joint, up there with D4L...

"Touch It" or something newer than that?

The original version is not bad, but the "all-star" remix is one of the worst things out right now. Painful.

Whatever version is on the video is terrible. Am I mistaken or did Daft Punk do something simialar to that hook, or is it a Daft Punk sample?? or someone else. Does'nt really matter. It's still bad...