MOST HORRIBLE SONG OF THE MOMENT?

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
LL Cool J Ft. Jennifer Lopez "Control Myself"za za za, za za za za, za zzza.When I saw/heard this I puked in my mouth. Thoughts?Is there anything worse than this?

Comments

• Anything by Black Eyed Peas.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Is there anything worse than this?

She touched... the ground... it turned... me out...

weaksauce. Worst song on radio ever. I think this is cut is trying to backdoor My humps on some bad quality raps over classic electro-hop shit. I can already see dj's mixing these back to back.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

worst long pausing and horrible flow. Dont call it a comeback. I wish you never did..this makes that will smith comeback crap single look good and Jlo christ leave already

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

weaksauce. Worst song on radio ever. I think this is cut is trying to backdoor My humps on some bad quality raps over classic electro-hop shit. I can already see dj's mixing these back to back.

I'll say this for it... it's been killing it in the clubs already. Seriously. The new My Humps? Maybe... but chicks love it and that's fine with me.
    I bring it in after 'Looking For The Perfect Beat', just so the crowd knows...

I'll say this for it... it's been killing it in the clubs already. Seriously. The new My Humps? Maybe... but chicks love it and that's fine with me.
    I bring it in after 'Looking For The Perfect Beat', just so the crowd knows...

This is not killing the clubs here. It's straight filler.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Ya, ya grill ya, ya, ya grill

regional bias

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

regional bias

bias or not fak-a-nelly (he has provided us with a full discography to fill this thread) kelly rowland anyone

regional bias

bias or not fak-a-nelly (he has provided us with a full discography to fill this thread) kelly rowland anyone

Nah, I was just playin. I'm not a fan of this song, but it does get the beckys jumping. This is probably the single most requested song by white women when I dj. I was just breaking that down to Hogg the other day.

Besides paul wall, what white dudes rock grills/z?

Just sayin...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

this was going to get my vote as well. i could have liked it, but the girls' parts bug the shit out of me.

i get it, but can't say i can stand it - chicks calling dudes (who are not their father) daddy. ew.

this was going to get my vote as well. i could have liked it, but the girls' parts bug the shit out of me.

i get it, but can't say i can stand it - chicks calling dudes (who are not their father) daddy. ew.

Worst hook since "slow motion fuh me. slow motion fuh me. slow motion fuh me."

chicks calling dudes (who are not their father) daddy. ew.

Respect my local black linguistic experience!

• chicks calling dudes (who are not their father) daddy. ew.

i've never really understood this either... it seems really weird to me

somebody is going to have to make some really horrible shit to take the crown from "my humps" for me... that song has made me seriously think twice about djing lately, and i don't think the end is near

Trendwatch 2006:

These songs we hate are not made for us, well except like msbassie. These are all made and marketed towards women.

Can we hate some stuff aimed at us? All I'm sayin.

i most definitely respect different linguistic strokes for different folks of all shades - local and abroad!

Smile for me mama.

• D. 4. L.

Smile for me mama.

Anything by Black Eyed Peas.

I went back through my "good" older BEP 12s. Both of them. Their new shit is so bad, I need to get rid of everything associated with them.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I heard some Little Brother BS the other day that made me want to throw the radio out my window while driving. Luckily, cooler heads prevailed.

i most definitely respect different linguistic strokes for different folks of all shades - local and abroad!

We call our women lil mama's out here. Do you consider that equally as bad? The "lil" part is probably the dealbreaker.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    1)control myself
    2)grillz
    3)real soon
    4)have a party
    5)ms new booty

"tell me when to go", and that new TOO SHORT song where he talks about being around for 225,000 hours or 300 months... those songs make me feel like pop music (save for the 86-87 era) is at an all-time low.

those songs make me feel like pop music (save for the 86-87 era) is at an all-time low.

Dude. 87 brought us the most important album since Innervisions.

We call our women lil mama's out here. Do you consider that equally as bad? The "lil" part is probably the dealbreaker.

i guess this is the part where someone jumps all over me for being hypocritical? i've never really been bothered by the mama, mami, etc, thing. the contotation is different to me. also, no one has ever called me that, so i can't really say how i feel about it conclusively.

a grown woman calling a grown man daddy in a sexual context is not my world.

no one has ever called me that, so i can't really say how i feel about it conclusively.

First time for everything.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

Just sayin...

The last time I was home in San Antonio, I ran into a guy I knew in high school who used to listen to a bunch of pop punk, but now is really into underground Texas rap and is planning on putting out some mixtapes with local artists.

Before he graduated his parents bought him a skate shop to see if he could make it. I don't think that worked out so well. His parents are funding his mixtape.

He showed me some pictures of him at some house parties with Cham, Paul Wall, and some other rappers. He was wearing a grill. I laughed. He told me "you got to keep it real." His parents bought him the grill. Then he played me some songs that are going to be on his mixtape... on the stereo in his Escalade that his parents bought him. The songs were pretty good, but all I could think at the time was how real he was.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    "tell me when to go", and that new TOO SHORT song where he talks about being around for 225,000 hours or 300 months... those songs make me feel like pop music (save for the 86-87 era) is at an all-time low.

die

Just sayin...

I was in Norfolk, VA last week and there many many many of them.