GET ON MY ACTION FIGURE LEVEL BATCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

Wow. This is why the graemlin was created--for this exact moment.

• So you're a Clovers fan.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Did you make this diorama yourself? If so, your craftsmanship is pretty stupendous.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm sure most of you are about as speechless as I was when my Mom gave this to me as a Birthday present about 6-7 years ago.....it's been in a closet ever since but I figured if there was ever a day to unleash it on the world it was today. A few years back a friend from Germany was visiting and took a photo of it which wound up in a collage of artwork inside the gatefold of an LP that was released last year...it's creepy, embarrassing and I know I'm gonna regret posting it here....but hey, it's all fun.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    ...it's creepy, embarrassing and I know I'm gonna regret posting it here....but hey, it's all fun.

What are you talking about? That's a piece of art! Props to your Mom, Rockadelic!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    The other Action Figures thread should be put to an end right now

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    wait a sec... i'm confused, that can't be life-sized, can it?
    but if its not close to life-sized, how did your moms do such an immaculate job with the record covers?

omg omg omg

It's about the size of a large shoe box.

so the records are - printouts?
    regardless, color me impressed!!

• so the records are - printouts?
    regardless, color me impressed!!

they have to be... all 3 copies of that CLOVERS LP have the S cutoff... still a GREAT job regardless... can't stop looking at it.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    That Chubby Checkers record was one of the first lps that I picked up when I was a diggin virgin . but anyways, can your moms make me one of those?

• Best Birthday Gift Ever !!!

• WW!!!

this is one of the greatest things i've ever seen on the internet and i can't believe a mom made it. my mom gave me a bcbg jogging suit that said bcbg in rhinestones on the ass for xmas

your mom is tops

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

holy grail of dioramas.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Damn your mom brings it!

Damn your mom brings it!

HEY NOW!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    YOUR MOM > *

• wow,that's friggin creepy.Your mom get's top marks for craftiness.My moms got serious glue gun skills as well.Thanks for the Nancy Priddy by the way.Your my Dog!

Chris

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    that is totally incredible....
    do not be embarassed as that is a thing of beauty!!!!

My stepmom made a nice little item for me. It's a little Elmo (of Sesame Street fame), with records under his arm and my company logo on his little t-shirt. Serious niceness, so i can appreciate. That is too great...

• Wow! That is some supportive ass shit.

Most moms just give their kids personal issues.

• That's impressive, it looks like it must have taken days to make. Did she make the figure too?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

i was going to take that one to my grave
    now can we talk about some basic funkadelic songs ....................

i was going to take that one to my grave
    now can we talk about some basic funkadelic songs ....................

Look dude......"I KNOW you don't smoke what I smoke"!!!!

But in a few weeks you're gonna sure as shit eat what I eat!!!

I appreciate all the kind words and they will be passed on to my Mom......

When It was given to me I really didn't care for it and probably hurt my mother's feelings but it was CREEPY......in the same way the doll of George Costanza's mother was creepy on Seinfeld......If it was of anyone else I would have thought it was great, but seeing a doll of yourself is .....

Plus it was some weird bizarre way for my mother to give me the haircut she's been wanting to give me since 1969!!!

But now for the world to see.....Thanks Mom!!