New Book On Canadian Hip Hop????

HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Hello.Inspired by the book on dirty south music (pictured below), I have decided to pen my own work. ???Z*nm*n is a sporadic contributor to internet message board Soulstrut.com, and is the author of several private messages about Jewish pop culture, Indian food, and Random Rap. He is also the author of two books; The Jewish Couple???s Handbook to Kosher Sex and The forthcoming biography of Danno 3000: The Future Of Hip Hop.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    You almost got me fired just now!!!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    If there is nothing in this book about "the battle" that happened back in the 80's at the concert hall between the US & Canada I'm not gonna buy it. Polar bear on the cover or not...

Kev.. Any word on the video? Real heads wanna know the deal...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    No love for Kardinall Offishall?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    No love for Tom Green?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    No love for Tom Green?

I had Tom Green's name in the title at first, but I didn't think people would remember "Check The O.R". Props!

peace

h

No love for Tom Green?

I had Tom Green's name in the title at first, but I didn't think people would remember "Check The O.R". Props!

peace

h

I had that LP. As I remember, the hampster skit made me giggle in a 9 year old kinda way.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Also, just so everyone knows, Canada invented the Ice Grill. Eskimos used to rock 'em at Blowfly shows in the 60's.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

Also, just so everyone knows, Canada invented the Ice Grill. Eskimos used to rock 'em at Blowfly shows in the 60's.
    Having an ice-grill is a life-necessity in Canada.

Plus, everything we own is iced out.

CANADIANS INVENTED TRAPPING. TRAP OR DIE. HUDSON BAY MOTHA FUCKAH.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Canada ain't shit without the French.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    No love for Tom Green?

peace

h

didnt he drop another LP recently?

The French? What do they have to do with anything?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

BTW, rapping in double time was started by a Quebecois fisherman out in The Gasp??.

Today, he is known as Ngafish.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    This gif is fire!...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Canada ain't shit without the First Nations people.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Are they like the Sugarhill Gang?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

lol
    Wouldn't it be the Europeans who colonized the area who started trapping, first? lol.

Are they like the Sugarhill Gang?

No sugarhill is more like the britsh. First Nations is kinda like jamaican DJ's toasting

lol
    Wouldn't it be the Europeans who colonized the area who started trapping, first? lol.
    I will not validify the way Europeans shipped fur around the world in their flimsy boxes.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    FUCK K-OS!!!

• trapping

ice

fur coats

man Canada really is that place.

i understand this guy's closet was "pet cemetary."

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

lol

trapping for large-scale fur trading yes, but i doubt they introduced it. i think aboriginal folks were trapping for sustinence and smaller scale trading prior to colonization.

lol

trapping for large-scale fur trading yes, but i doubt they introduced it. i think aboriginal folks were trapping for sustinence and smaller scale trading prior to colonization.
    :real furz know the dael:

To be serious for a moment. I really wish some people would get together and write a book.

Nobody has done anything like a background on Canadian Hip Hop & the history.

Contributions from people like Ron Nelson, Jimbrowski, X, Mastermind, Sunshine Sound Crew as well as Canadian hip hop acts and US acts that were comin' up here ever since the early 80's. Shit, I'd even wanna hear from dudes like Michael Williams & Farley Flex.

Shit, it's sad.. Cause there's over is almost 25 years of Canadian hip hop history and none of it is down for the people to know.

• Options

Got it...every damn second of the tape. Sick.

K.

Got it...every damn second of the tape. Sick.

K.

What do you want for a copy???

I am ur bitch...