Mah Beats - (Foremost Prod' - mp3 downloads ahoy!)

ForemostForemost 10 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Thought I'd introduce myself by giving you all a selection of my production work.I've started producing beats over the last 3 or 4 months. I've been creating mash-ups for a few years now, and have had airplay in loads of places, including clubs, national radio, local stations, parties etc. My stuff is influenced heavily by the sort of hip hop i'm listening to right now, and may be to your taste, it may not. EIther way - i'd love to know what peolpe thought.While I'm at it, I'm actually on the hunt for a rapper. I should probably post in another thread about that however, needless to say if you rap, or are a lyricist - get in touch!!Anyway - the beats...(all direct links to mp3 files)Foremost - Untitled (Demo Cut)Foremost - Theme To Your Demise (Demo)Foremost - SoftlyForemost - This Is The Story (Demo Cut) I guess that'll do for now.You can get the rest here!--I've got 2 or three more coming soon that i've not had a chance to upload yet too. Keep your eyes peeled! (or not if you're not fussed I guess.)Alex

Comments

• strange... I figured at least 1 person might want to post a reply...

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    hi!

listened to your stuff and honestly it really sounds like you just been doing this (which you are, so that makes sense I guess). Just keep at it, and good luck on the Strut!

• Pretty average all around. I thought the last two had some potential but your drums (programming and especially sounds) weren't up to par at all. And looping Synthetic Substitution and having it sound that lifeless? That's a definite no-no. I don't mean to come across harsh as I'm sure my beats weren't any better after such a short time of doing it. Then again, what's the rush of getting them out there this soon? Keep at it...

• thanks guys - i've never managed to really nail the beat side of things - i prefer working with the samples, although i didn't realise it wa sso obvious that i was new to this. heh.

Oh well - i'll keep playing away...

Incidentally - any pointers on what I can do to improve my skills?? people to talk to, places to go, things to listen to websites to visit etc etc

• thanks guys ... i didn't realise it wa sso obvious that i was new to this. ... Oh well - i'll keep playing away... any pointers on what I can do to improve my skills??

Wait, did you just humbly accept criticism of your music? You are defnitely on the wrong website.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    And looping Synthetic Substitution and having it sound that lifeless?

The 'Peter & the Wolf' sample doesn't really mesh w/ the Melvin Bliss break - you may need to relisten to the sample and chop it up far more effectively instead of trying to create an atmospheric aesthetic by employing simple overlays...

• thanks guys ... i didn't realise it wa sso obvious that i was new to this. ... Oh well - i'll keep playing away... any pointers on what I can do to improve my skills??

Wait, did you just humbly accept criticism of your music? You are defnitely on the wrong website.

I'm used to it.

I know people who enjoy it, and I know people who don't. It's all persoanl opinion, whether in criticism form or whether someone just says 'it's pish'.

I'm still learning, and although i'd never admit to being bottom of the pile when it comes to production, i'm probably closer than I'd like to think.

I've always thought though - somebody big might spot some gleaming hint of potential and snap me up to work on some proper decent equipment, with some licenced samples, but untill that happens, i'm just plodding along with these.

It's only a free-time activity anyhow. I'm more of an illustrator/designer than anything else. Although no doubt somebody will happily pick out how bad I am at it - and fair play to them, but i'm making enouigh money ot live so it's all good.