self admitted hipsters

knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
so is a girl worth it when she refers to herself as a hipster?
curious thats all.

-k

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    uhhhhhh

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    uhhhhhhh

what?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    a hipster is only annoying when you don't know them.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    cue: "Hate it or Love it" and that Traamps sample

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    why does it matter if a girl says shes a hipster? is she cool? is she hot? yes? then who cares

why does it matter if a girl says shes a hipster? is she cool? is she hot? yes? then who cares

JEAH! TheMack spittin' truth.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Not unlike bands from the early 1990's who smiled in the camera and said "we are alternative".

Um...

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Somewhere in the internets a girl is posting this on a hipster knitting board

so is a guy worth it when I refer to myself as a hipster and doesn't realize I'm being ironic? curious thats all.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    What the hell is a hipster?? I seem to have missed an entire movement here...lol

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Somewhere in the internets a girl is posting this on a hipster knitting board

so is a guy worth it when I refer to myself as a hipster and doesn't realize I'm being ironic? curious thats all.

I wish that was the case. Its funny you bring up the knitting thing though...

-k

• see: thecobrasnake.com

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
    I think the term "Hipster" means some thing different in every city.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    curious thats all.

-k

There's a strong argument to make that if she refers to herself this way, she may be anything but.

No hipster girls I know would be caught dead self-referencing in that way!

• hans_lucashans_lucas 159 Posts
    I think the term "Hipster" means some thing different in every city.

I love this!

Do you have this bigger with better resolution?

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    curious thats all.

-k

depends? nice ass? jpeg plaese.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    curious thats all.

-k

No hipster girls I know would be caught dead self-referencing in that way!

no doubt, their clothes do it for them

• BigNachoBigNacho 47 Posts
    curious thats all.

-k

hipsters are people who have failed to progress beyond the emotional and social priorities of the junior high and high school years. don't let their centralized "good" tastes and well-trimmed eccentricities fool you; they are deathly afraid of being different. their lives are driven by the dual goals of fitting in and being popular among their peers. while they tend to profess (often and loudly) life-altering devotion to such concepts as individuality, creativity, and liberal thought, they rarely recognize or appreciate instances of these things when encountered off of their social map. robots, lemmings, whatever...these people are a real drag. more alarming, recent years have found them squarely identified as a consumer demographic. bummer. their own peers have sold them out! one works at the advertising agency while the other three buy the shit s/he's hyping. they agreed on the importance of the product two weeks ago over drinks. it's a mess. maybe they are the yuppies of our generation? who knows. in any case, these individuals are best avoided.

• Options
    I remember this girl last year referred to a place she hung out as an "uber-hipster funky-type dive spot". Word for word, I'll never forget it. She was really trying to describe the place to me too, all I pictured in my head was some Jabba the Hutt type shit though and I doubt that's what it was like.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    in any case, these individuals are best avoided.
    along w/ nerds, geeks, jocks, dorks, wiggers, hippies, skaters, punks, burn outs, frat boys and sorrority girls, yuppies, emo kids, goths, townies, preps, metal heads, backpackers, thugs. Don't judge people individually, just categorize them and move on.

She was really trying to describe the place to me too, all I pictured in my head was some Jabba the Hutt type shit though and I doubt that's what it was like.
    No, probably more like most of the club pics that end up on here.

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
    nerds, geeks, jocks, dorks, wiggers, hippies, skaters, punks, burn outs, frat boys and sorrority girls, yuppies, emo kids, goths, townies, preps, metal heads, backpackers, thugs, record nerds

"HIPSTERS"

hipsters are people who have failed to progress beyond the emotional and social priorities of the junior high and high school years. don't let their centralized "good" tastes and well-trimmed eccentricities fool you; they are deathly afraid of being different. their lives are driven by the dual goals of fitting in and being popular among their peers. while they tend to profess (often and loudly) life-altering devotion to such concepts as individuality, creativity, and liberal thought, they rarely recognize or appreciate instances of these things when encountered off of their social map. robots, lemmings, whatever...these people are a real drag. more alarming, recent years have found them squarely identified as a consumer demographic. bummer. their own peers have sold them out! one works at the advertising agency while the other three buy the shit s/he's hyping. they agreed on the importance of the product two weeks ago over drinks. it's a mess. maybe they are the yuppies of our generation? who knows. in any case, these individuals are best avoided.

GAME OVER

BEST THING I READ ALL DAY

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts
    curious thats all.

-k

depends? nice ass? jpeg plaese.

Do not listen to this guy. Depends have been a staple of hipster fashion for quite some time.

I don't get this "new shoes" thing.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Thanks for the info BN, I just sold all my shares in Hot Topic and doubled up on Von Dutch and Viceland.

See you at the M.I.A. show!

• Options
    I just sold all my shares in Hot Topic

hmmmm, might be bad timing; they're bouncing off the bottom end of the current upsloping range. Could have squeezed a few more points.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I always just took "hipsters" as the new youth yuppie. Decent job, but has to follow the newest trends A.S.A.P. and buy the newest gadgets and always had to hang at the hippest spots.

What date did this start? I first heard the term around 2002 along with trucker hats comin into play.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Dead (black) cat bounce... I wasn't gonna risk it with my Verizon DSL connection.

I just sold all my shares in Hot Topic

hmmmm, might be bad timing; they're bouncing off the bottom end of the current upsloping range. Could have squeezed a few more points.

LISTEN TO THIS MAN.