Strut DJs Appreciation Post

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Between the unfinished perfection of B.Cause's European Psyche Mix, Mike 2600's Heavy Session and Dr. Delay's Psycrunk, the DJs on this board are dewin' knitt. All these mixes are on the nextest of levels; you can tell that a lot of thought, skill and planning went into each of them. Consider me both impressed and intimidated.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    not to mention the slew of quality mixes heretofor

cosign

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Consider me both impressed and intimidated.

I just bought another 1200 at the last Buena Park rackord swap.

Now that I got 2 turntables set up I think its time I drop amateur hour style moder soul mixes (no Schwatzeneggar)

Seriously though the Psycrunk mix is killin it!

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    People talk a lot about the "Soulstrut" factor in record sales/prices. I don't know about all that, but I do know that since I've starting posting here on Soulstrut, I've definitely been influeced by a number of DJs on this board. RossHogg, Delay, B-Cause, day, Cosmo & Ayres just to name a few. Thanks to all of you.

~gNAT

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    seriously. between who i've heard live and what i've dl'ed and received in the mail - you dudes and dudettes are blowing me away. it's exciting to be able to hear such a wide range of folks express what they love.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    seriously. between who i've heard live and what i've dl'ed and received in the mail - you dudes and dudettes are blowing me away. it's exciting to be able to hear such a wide range of folks express what they love.

I would have to agree with this statement here. Loving all the recently posted mixes. There's a few that were posted over a year ago that I still bump on occasion.

Edit:
    I'd like to post some of mixes, but I am a little intimidated hahahaha

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    word
    mufuckahs actually getting me motivated to practice and stuff haha

• One of my very first posts here was a live mix I recorded at Dub Mission. If I'd have known the caliber of DJs that are here on the regular, I doubt I would have posted it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I'd like to post some of mixes, but I am a little intimidated lazy

Yeah, there's some talented mf's on this board.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I'd like to post some of mixes, but I am a little intimidated hahahaha

so was i but f*ck it.

not everyone has to do turntable tricks and even if someone knows every track - it's good to hear how someone else put things together.

post them!

• girgir 329 Posts

Now that I got 2 turntables set up I think its time I drop amateur hour style moder soul mixes (no Schwatzeneggar)

please and thank you!

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    hey buddy, you got a pretty nice little mix out there yourself right about now.

and yeah, we need a "step your game up" graemlin or something because being exposed to all you guys across the globe has really made me do just that(step my game up).

props to everybody doing their thing.

and there is more to come, i just mastered a certain strutter's mix that i think people are really gonna dig...

• I appreciate soulstrut djs and mixes, in fact the few mix cd's I've bought in the last year have been by strutters and they're all dope! All mixes posted on the board are good too and get burn at the house. *shameless plug: Check out the latin mix Big Spliff and I put together for GroundLiftMag.com another strut affiliated joint*

• i got a sort of followup to layers(that one i posted last year) just about ready to roll

not sure if it can hold a candle to some of the ones posted recently though.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Consider me both impressed and intimidated.

Seriously. Like that dude yells on KRS's "R.E.A.L.I.T.Y." "Shit is real out here! This ain't no fuckin' joke!"

But in the spirit of this:

so was i but f*ck it.

not everyone has to do turntable tricks and even if someone knows every track - it's good to hear how someone else put things together.

post them!

I will post this, which I don't think I posted here before. Live on the radiooooooo! Random rap ahoy! (Plaese to excuse imperfections.)

• I'm stoked to hear that Mannie Fresh "Conversation" on there! Told you it was worth 50 cents.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i love soulstrut!

• yep, I think I now own most of the copies in the greater bay area...;)

Angel thanks you for that, as you might guess

The current fitty cent genius platter is that latest field mob beat, holy crap

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    The current fitty cent genius platter is that latest field mob beat, holy crap

It's Super Lover Cee-diculous!

• i got a sort of followup to layers(that one i posted last year) just about ready to roll

not sure if it can hold a candle to some of the ones posted recently though.

I still listen to Layers regularly. looking forward to the new one.

• Consider me both impressed and intimidated.

if you scared than say you scared.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

This is niiiiiiiiiice

• Not that I'm anywhere on the level of the aforemention 'Strut-related DJ's, I figure this is a good place to add my li'l contribution.

Here's a mix I made for my posse of ladyfriends (notice that "lady" is NOT in italics) who call themselves the Bitch Mafia. I only made 10, one for each in the crew, complete with handsewn vagina covers. It's pretty much NSFRPANSRLE which means, of course, Not Safe For Ross' Pussy Ass Non-Sex Rhyme Liking Ears. It's pretty graphic due to the fact that I'm a perverted ass fool. (And yes the ladies loved it. They know how I do.)

As an added bonus, I uploaded the version with my very special and personalized intro rap.

I HEART SOULSTRUT.

Herm

• Here's one of mine. Some soul, hiphop & boogie.

Spring Breaks and Thangs

General Lee - We Did It (Pt.1)
    Chuck Jackson - Through All Times
    Alicia Keys - You Don???t Know My Name (Sed??n-super-bodaus-remix)
    Dwele - Hold On (Remix) Inst.
    Big Gipp - Steppin Out
    Bevely & Duane - We Got To Stick Together
    Leo???s Sunshipp - I???m Back For More
    --- Breaks ---
    Marcia Maria - Amigo Branco
    Sonia Santos - Menino Das Laranjas
    Game - Gotta Take Your Love
    S.O.S. Band - High Hopes
    Evasions - All Wrapped Up
    T.C Curtis - Bump & Slide
    Booker Newberry 3 - Love Town
    JAK - Don???t Make Me Wait

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I just want to say all the dudes on here inspire me.

Much respect, love and arson.

word booty

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

General Lee - We Did It (Pt.1)

AAAHHH FUCK. X 1000

• Damn, folks at the fader... can a vinyl archeologist get a little love???

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Didn't you get a two page spread on your ish?