SAD EBAY STORY- THE CAT WHISPERER (RR)

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I recently got an e-mail from a good Ebay customer of mine from Europe who's late with a big payment for some records he won. He explained his tardiness in the email quoted below:"I am really sorry I did not have it done yet.. you know you can trust me.. and the really is a sad reason for it right now...I can't really concentrate and do anything at the moment.. you know.. I am single, all I have is my cats (besides the music).. they are like my babies.. and my youngest one (1 1/2 years) is dying... but the problem is even worse.. but I can't really write right now.. mostly crying all the time.. They call me like the Monty "whatshisname" or the cat whisperer.. but I just can't seem to do anything.. doctor said also that this could be some kind of virus (like HIV with humans) which there is no cure for.. and the prognosis for my other cats was not too great.. this is killing me... I am sooo sorry but I try my best to have my mother get it done tomorrow, but she has to work also and the post office is not open that long...I have to go look after her again.. I don't wanna leave her alone too long right now.. want her to feel that somebody is there... I probably write tomorrow again, maybe with the number...damn I haven't slept in over 2 days... *sigh*"How should I handle this, Soulstrut? How would YOU handle it?

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Stop messing with ebay altogether.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    excellent

cat whisperer is about to jump into ebay deadbeat lexicon

"meow meow meow meow"

Give him a strict dealine, and if he doesn't meet it report him as a non-paying buyer and maybe he will forget about his cats for 2 minutes to paypal you? Good luck Phillmost!

• Sounds like some BS. If that person could sit down and write you a detailed note like that, they could certainly log into paypal and go "click".

But I guess it depends on how good a customer that is...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I'd give him an e-shoulder to cry on and correspond with him for months about his cat woes.

• I believe him. There's a truely "special" breed of record collector among us and I believe every word he wrote...you don't make that kind of stuff up.

Regardless, be straight up with him and let him know you need the money by a certain date or you're selling them to someone else.

• Options
    I don't think that can be made up. Where do I donate?

K.

• Yeah, give him a 3day window to pay up or report his ass!

Oh and Your new e.p. on pumastrut is nice man.

• Oh and Your new e.p. on pumastrut is nice man.

Strange coincidence ! As I posted that the postman knocked on the door and delivered this record !!! Does this qualify as a moment ???

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    CAT EUTANASIA NOW![/b]

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• Tell him you'll throw in this record for free if he pays within 24 hours.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Both cats i had as a kid died of the feline version of hiv (or something similar). It was pretty horrible. They die very slowly, and painfully. But I pretty sure you can have a vacine against it now. If dude's got cat(s) then the likelyhoo is that they're all infected.

So I see that you have 2 options.
    1. Feed on the milk of human kindness, take the guy at his word. Tell him to sort it out. But be nice about it.
    2. Twist the knife. But first make sure his mother (or next of kin) has your contact details, so she knows were to send his collection to.

I keep seeing that scene from Trainspotting.
    With this dude.

you know, the bit with the cat..

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Give him a strict dealine, and if he doesn't meet it report him as a non-paying buyer and maybe he will forget about his cats for 2 minutes to paypal you? Good luck Phillmost!

Good advice, I'd suggest the same thing. Tell him that you have a business to run and that you appreciate him as a repeat customer and don't want to dead the transaction, but he will have to forfeit those auctions if he dosen't pay by X date.

• Both cats i had as a kid died of the feline version of hiv (or something similar). It was pretty horrible. They die very slowly, and painfully. But I pretty sure you can have a vacine against it now. If dude's got cat(s) then the likelyhoo is that they're all infected.

So I see that you have 2 options.
    1. Feed on the milk of human kindness, take the guy at his word. Tell him to sort it out. But be nice about it.
    2. Twist the knife. But first make sure his mother (or next of kin) has your contact details, so she knows were to send his collection to.

MOke, thank you for the info on this cat disease. The dude in question has been my best customer, and although he does always pay a little bit late, he does pay and in pretty big amounts. Since it's better for me to ship 50 records to one guy rather than have to mail them to 50 different people, I am going to go with option one and suckle on that lactating, milk-filled breast of human kindness (y'all know I have a teat fetish anyway). I am trying to be good to everyone, even those who have done me wrong- which is why I have even nixed my well thought out plans to hunt down and maim certain people who frequent this board. Kindness does not have to be weakness... kindness can be a mouthful of breast milk.

"Breaaaaaast milk.... you make my da-ay!"

• what record led this strange person to email you?

• Oh and Your new e.p. on pumastrut is nice man.

Heyyyy... glad you liked this one, Mao. Show me some luv, mayne! Show me some luv!

Strange coincidence ! As I posted that the postman knocked on the door and delivered this record !!! Does this qualify as a moment ???

I'd say it qualifies as a moment.

• sup Phill,

CAT HIV =

If the buyer is d****nd**p75 then I hope he comes through... looks like he owes you some loot.

Nice one on getting the Pumastrut EP out! Still looking forward to the "freestylin with pmc" limited schit though...

pz

RD

• Well I would say if he's a good custumary' Give him another week or two...

Now back to work.....

• Nice one on getting the Pumastrut EP out! Still looking forward to the "freestylin with pmc" limited schit though...

pz

RD

What up RD. Yeah, I still want to put that out. I wanted to do it myself, but unless I can get some reassurance that enough people even care about vinyl anymore I dunno, I may have to do the licensing thing again. This serato (dildo?) takeover, among other things non-real schitt related, has me real confused on how to even put something out these days. Well, the "On Tempo Jack" 12' did pretty good, so hopefully it's not too late in the game for the next one to do a-ight too.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Original Soulman makin' real world moves is what it's all about!

We'll take an occasional reprieve from your presence here, if it means we get more product like this.