Post Your Favorite "Fast" Rap Tune!

Comments

• Whooa, hang on a minute there, you cannot possibly claim Silver Bullet as King...He was only a step above Derek B really...

If you read my post you'll see that I put the word KING into qoutation marks. These tracks are some of the fastest rap tracks I know.

The true Kings of the UK/Britcore scene without a doubt were Hijack
    (Hold no Hostage, etc) who really started that style

Hmm, I dont belive that. It is clear that the british scene is influenced by the US scene. Groups like PE and Ultramagnetic and Tuff Crew are very important for UK rap and they did fast and hard stuff before anyone. Also Miami Bass had a influence on the UK scene.

Hijack is defenitly the most known UK group in the US, but like someone said before the whole UK scene had a large standing in Germany and Switzerland and we heard all the stuff from UK, not only Hijack.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• And the "KING" of extremly fast and hard UK rap is Silver Bullet.
    That shit is really hardcore.

Didn't come over ironically as I read it mate...

• The true Kings of the UK/Britcore scene without a doubt were Hijack
    (Hold no Hostage, etc) who really started that style

Hmm, I dont belive that. It is clear that the british scene is influenced by the US scene. Groups like PE and Ultramagnetic and Tuff Crew are very important for UK rap and they did fast and hard stuff before anyone. Also Miami Bass had a influence on the UK scene.

While I'm not denying that they were influenced by groups like P.E./Ultramag. etc. Nobody was making records that sounded like Hijack at that time in the UK or the US. ...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

And the "KING" of extremly fast and hard UK rap is Silver Bullet.

20 seconds to comply?

great fucking track...

20 seconds to comply?

great fucking track...

Glad you like it,It was well big at the time but in comparison to a lot of other records made back then it hasn't stood the test of time very well at all...
    However the "Golden Age" of the UK scene was short lived as a lot of artists fell into the trap of just making fast badly produced tunes.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

And the "KING" of extremly fast and hard UK rap is Silver Bullet.

20 seconds to comply?

great fucking track...

Glad you like it,It was well big at the time but in comparison to a lot of other records made back then it hasn't stood the test of time very well at all...
    However the "Golden Age" of the UK scene was short lived as a lot of artists fell into the trap of just making fast badly produced tunes.

i still play it out...

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    No ones mentioned FreeStyle Fellowship's Mikah 9

Inner City Griots is heat. Everything is Everything, Danger, Way cool....

Wild Boyz: Supa bad!

Tony Rock: Still Doin it? .....maybe...maybe not?

Newer cats like Busdriver, Dose.

20 seconds to comply?

great fucking track...

i still play it out...

Good for you mate, however it's sort of the UK/Britcore equivalent of
    "Rappers Delight" IMO

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    doc: portrait of a mastepiece
    eric b & rakim: hypnotic
    chubb rock: enjoy ya self
    tuff crew: what you don't know
    tootskee & czar mc: no chance
    cookie crew: lets dance
    main source: he got so much soul
    freshco & Miz: now you know
    dismasters: small time hustler
    doc: lend me an ear
    beastie boys: egg man
    lonnie o: dream on
    the roots: web
    organized konfusion: walk into the sun remix
    lons: transformers
    dead prez: hell yeah remix
    g rap: dead or alive
    queen latifah: dance for me

^^^
    sorry, no britcore.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

dismasters: small time hustler

That's the jernt right there.

"Brag on your house, but your crib is WACK!
    You step in the front and you fall out the back"

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    2 by Maestro Fresh Wes...

"Jazz Tip"
    "Let Your Backbone slide"

Wes was an amazing fast rap freestyle MC as well. That guy dropped amazing rhymes at the "Live From The BBQ" sessions here in Toronto in the late 89/ early 90. Incredible!!!!!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i like mfw, but dude was lyrically lackluster. imean, you can't seriously put him in the same camp w/ most the dudes in juice crew or rakim, or percee. next to showbiz, he sounds smart though.

oh oh oh
    blacksheep: strobelight honey remix

• Common vs Tom Tom Club w/ Playgroup

Dj Zeph "Floor Wax" w/ Rahshan

J5 Day at the Races w/ Percee and Kane (love Kane's verse)

that little bruce joint off of S&G 2

And how can you dudes forget this one?

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Blade - the coming is near
    http://www.blade691.com/thecomingisnear.m3u

Gunshot - battle creek brawl
    Hijack - airwave hijack
    no remorze - streets of style
    knightz of bass - star traxx

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    20 seconds to comply?

great fucking track...

Somebody needs to up an mp3 of this.

Also, here's a great Blade track

I didnt mean it ironically, I wanted to make it clear that he is was large/big/huge/great wahtever you want. I just used the word KING for it. It was not ment in the way of a Zulu King or whatever.

If he is the same like Sugarhill in the UK than he can be proud. At almost every fucking rap party "Rappers Delight" gets played. Doenst matter if its a Blackmusic Jiggy party, golden era underground party or a student-likes-to-drink-a-lot-of-beer party. Allways.

Peace
    Hawkeye

I didnt mean it ironically, I wanted to make it clear that he is was large/big/huge/great wahtever you want. I just used the word KING for it. It was not ment in the way of a Zulu King or whatever.

If he is the same like Sugarhill in the UK than he can be proud. At almost every fucking rap party "Rappers Delight" gets played. Doenst matter if its a Blackmusic Jiggy party, golden era underground party or a student-likes-to-drink-a-lot-of-beer party. Allways.

I used "Rappers Delight" as an example as both that and "20 Seconds" were chart hits that are widely known(in the UK at least) but really weren't honest representations of each grassroots "scene" at the time.
    However if you think "Rappers Delight" gets played at "almost every fucking rap party" you must be going to some different clubs to me !!!

• Not really fast rap in my opinion, more tiggedy tung twista shit...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Blackmusic Jiggy party
    I've been to Hamburg before so I kinda hear what you're sayin, but dude. You guys need to stop saying "blackmusic."

"Disconnected from the streets" is the norm in Germany.

• Young MC- Fastest Rhyme

• I've been to Hamburg before so I kinda hear what you're sayin, but dude. You guys need to stop saying "blackmusic."

Oh no! Another thread stands on the verge of falling into typical Soulstrut endless "Race" debate...

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Tuff Crew - My Part Of Town
    Chubb Rock - Treat 'Em Right
    Run DMC - Mary
    Eric B & Rakim - Juice

co-sign:
    Freshco & Miz - We Don't Play
    Eric B & Rakim - Don't Sweat The Technique
    Eric B & Rakim - Hypnotic
    BDK - Warm It Up, Kane
    Pete Rock & CL Smooth - The Creator

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

"BACK TO BOOM"

• I've been to Hamburg before so I kinda hear what you're sayin, but dude. You guys need to stop saying "blackmusic."

Oh no! Another thread stands on the verge of falling into typical Soulstrut endless "Race" debate...

you need to have some Soulstrut clowns on the next "illest minority moments".

• ok, i'm pretty sure I checked through the whole thread, how in the hell has nobody mentioned this yet?

easily the best, fastest, cleanest rapper ever (on this album particularly IMO) who doesn't use the gimmicky words "nigga" and "motherfucker" every other word (a la Busta - Break Yo Neck - don't get me wrong though, I still love that track, the beat is incredible). Yeah there's other cats that have made maybe better songs using fast tempo rhymes, but nobody is really killin' it like Twista did. Tone Def has spit some fast shit. Of course the Freestyle Fellowship cats (i know they get so much love around here, lol) have spit that fire and with melody (L, H, & R?).

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    ok, i'm pretty sure I checked through the whole thread, how in the hell has nobody mentioned this yet?

easily the best, fastest, cleanest rapper ever (on this album particularly IMO) who doesn't use the gimmicky words "nigga" and "motherfucker" every other word (a la Busta - Break Yo Neck - don't get me wrong though, I still love that track, the beat is incredible). Yeah there's other cats that have made maybe better songs using fast tempo rhymes, but nobody is really killin' it like Twista did. Tone Def has spit some fast shit. Of course the Freestyle Fellowship cats (i know they get so much love around here, lol) have spit that fire and with melody (L, H, & R?).

Is this his first lp on relativity or something?

• i don't think it's his first, but it's his first banger. this came out in 97 i believe. it has some of the best fast rap out there.

"What can I say to make you see how the fuck I feel
    to make me wanna jump off of the edge
    I'm charged off of suckers gettin shot up off the ledge
    No pain, instead of 'caine I took a blunt off to the head
    (so tell me what it said)
    Retaliate with lethal repercussion
    I feel the reefer rushin
    to go into thangs, like it's a wicked stick
    Took the Benadryl, hot like I'm fin' ta steal
    to get the kickin shit
    for niggaz and bitches that I kick it with
    I was born to get you pumped up