KLUTE on German TV NOW (please excuse this ad)

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Bayern3. Missed the first 30 minutes, but I've seen it before. It's worth it. One nice, but short club scene with funky music. The soundtrack is sought-after. But I guess, I'm the only one that is not partying tonite. Well well.

Comments

• No you not, I saw it too. It was a re-run. The third programs in germany are running all the same movie with breaks of 2-3 month. So it was on Bayern 3, I think I saw it on WDR so the next time it will run in a few month on Hessen 3 or SWR 3 or so. Just keep an eye on your TV newspaper.

It is realy worth to keep an eye on the program. Kabel 1 is showing all the blaxploitation movies from Shaft to Foxy Brown, Friday Foster, Black Cesar and so on. You just have to get the german names of those movies beacuse Black Cesar got a difrent name here.

The ARD has the rights to the Shaft TV series also with Richard Roundtree, there they have the Shaft soundtrack music too but in diffrent arangements with diffrent versions and recordings.

I think some nice emails from some "viewers" with the plead to re-run this TV shows of Shaft could help to bring them back into program. They showed them 5 years ago on the third programs at 23 Uhr.

Kabel 1 right now is showing Kojak the series. Great music too.

But I'm waiting for the DVD boxes, but I doubt that they put the german versions on DVD too, I like to have the choice between the original and the dubed version, for instance the german version of The Persuaders (Die 2) with Roger Moore and Tony Curtis is much funnier in german than in its original version because they changed the topics in german.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• I think some nice emails from some "viewers" with the plead to re-run this TV shows of Shaft could help to bring them back into program. They showed them 5 years ago on the third programs at 23 Uhr.

www.wunschliste.de

->you can see if your favorite show is running at the moment, you can request that show and it reminds you if they air that show again in the future.

• luckily I just got the english Klute last week

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I've had this movie at my house for a week. Video stores is calling me. I keep falling asleep during "making of" documentary that comes before the VHS copy I have.

I may be bringing this to the cinemateque I work at. Apparently, Sutherland-Fonda series are quite popular and they want to do a weekend stocked full of them.