Dollar-bin Anime Joints

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Ok, I know we've been over this before... But what are some dope anime soundtracks that you people know about? I've found a few, but it's really hit and miss with these records...

Anyhow, here's a few MP3's of a couple anime joints that I found today on my lunch break. One friend I played them for wasn't feeling them, but I think they are nice...

This record is a rarity (a rarity, but not rare) to find here, because its basically an anime story album that's all in english. Anyhow, this is like one of only a couple musical parts on the record: "The Drill Missile"

Heres one from a record about a giant robot named... "Raideen"

This one isn't really anime and wasn't in today's catch, and it's not musical, but I think someone will find it amusing if not downright sexy, on a few different levels... "Champion Take-Off"

Anyhow, enjoy, leave comments, diss, or ignore.

Peace...
FNMimizu

Comments

• Ok, I'm gonna add one more... this is the track immediately following the take-off track from the snakeman show...

Again, it's not musical, and it's in Japanese, but it's funny even if you don't understand Japanese... "Champion Desu"

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    I have a bunch of Anime OST's but really they're like libraries to me. The majority suck. Why make an lp of a single synth key playing for 4 minute intervals? lol. The problem is the covers look ill so you end up buying the crap anyhow

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Trust me, there's some gold out there amongst the crap. Covers are nothing to go by. All my stuff is packed up and being couried to Australia this week, so I can't post anything... but SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

There's some drums, some heat and ill ass shit that sounds like some 1970 KPM shizzles!

peace.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    the idea alone of "dollar-bin anime joints" is

I just saw one for the first time - it was at a show, and a dealer was buying it from another dealer...

there are some I'd love to have...

I saw a 70s MASKED RIDER intro (noanime) last night, the title theme was pretty cool... is this a common record out there???

• meikel_neitmeikel_neit 110 Posts
    this reminds me....

there is this huge break in one of the lupin animes from the 70tees...

think this was never pressed anywhere tho...

I'll try to dub it and post a clip.

[edit]

peep it here http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1XI5XMJD98QAU1RQNDVCW9RE39

oh, and mimizu, I really dig your avatar

[/edit]

Is that off the CASTLE movie? I gotta dig up my record, but I'm sure that's on one of the soundtracks...

peace.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    The lupin joints are ok, but not all of them are crazy. I'm guessing you already know that though. I sold two of them because while they were decent, served no purpose for me. I still have one that's pretty sick however. Still, they were the better anime ost's I've heard. I'm pretty sure I have a lupin 45 or a couple of 45's that weren't on the lp's. I don't know. It's been so long since I saw the cartoon or heard the lp's.

What's up with the Gatchaman ost? I have a korean lp that has a couple of the songs from Gatchaman on it (why, I don't know) along with some other anime stuff. I was going to buy the actual Japanese OST but I don't know how the music is. Anyone know? I was really going to get it just because I was a fan of the show...lol

• meikel_neitmeikel_neit 110 Posts
    Is that off the CASTLE movie? I gotta dig up my record, but I'm sure that's on one of the soundtracks...

peace.

yeah, sheep, do me a fav and get me a copy while you still can. if I remember correctly it's off that castle movie. if that is on wax, i neeeeed it

meikel, finally found the lp after 3 hours of listening...

it's still got the background talking, but it's on wax and it's the break... hit me on the u2u if you need it.

http://www.bombhiphop.com/djsheep/waxpix/castle.mp3

peace.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    The last thing I found was Akira OST

I thought someone would have used a track off there. Like illusion or something.
    Speaking of which, I'm surprised Japanese theater isn't sampled at all. I just worked an event that showcased an "Introduction to..." and some of the sounds and vocals were so dope.

• meikel, finally found the lp after 3 hours of listening...

it's still got the background talking, but it's on wax and it's the break... hit me on the u2u if you need it.

http://www.bombhiphop.com/djsheep/waxpix/castle.mp3

peace.

Reviving a dead post here...

About the Castle record... How many different Castle records are there? I know of two... is that it? Are they the same movie? The cover on one has Lupin in a car I think, and the castle in the background. I've listened to it, and it is good. Lots of dialog and sounds, with some nice music and shit. I'm holding out for a cheap copy though... Last night, I bought a Castle record... But I think it looks like a newer record.

There's no dialog, and the music ain't half bad... What's the deal, is this from the same Castle of Cagliostro movie...? Were there a couple Castle of Cagliostro Lupin movies? Anyone know?

BTW, I should a list of pics of anime records NOT to buy... I've been getting quite a few duds lately.

Peace...

FNM

• yo dude.
    Is this the one?

The one with them in a car is the art for the CD I think.
    Haven't heard it...

I have a compilation of TV backing tracks that was released in the 90's:

And then the sountrack for the second series of the show:

Which has a goofy disco track, Superhero.

What I'm looking for is the version of Love Squall that was on Tetsuo Sunaga's mix. It's not the one from the above LP, unfortunately.

I think there was only one Lupin/Castle movie. A Ghibli production.
    And a bad anime records database is def. a good idea!

• yo dude.
    Is this the one?

The one with them in a car is the art for the CD I think.
    Haven't heard it...

I have a compilation of TV backing tracks that was released in the 90's:

And then the sountrack for the second series of the show:

Which has a goofy disco track, Superhero.

What I'm looking for is the version of Love Squall that was on Tetsuo Sunaga's mix. It's not the one from the above LP, unfortunately.

I think there was only one Lupin/Castle movie. A Ghibli production.
    And a bad anime records database is def. a good idea!

Yeah, I got the both those records, but not the cagliostro record you posted.

I'm kinda confused... But I swear thats not the cover. Of course I could be wrong... But I thought there was a picture of the count on the cover somewhere, but he wasn't in that ritual magick robe, but just looking like a suave european count... And I thought Lupin was in a car, that was jumping or flying or something, with a girl in a bridal gown, and maybe the castle burning and crubling in the background. So when I saw that pic you psted when I was looking for the pic I posted, I thought... damn, 3 castle records?!

Anyhow... dig soon?

I'll hit ya up.

Peace...
    FNM

• good memory!

Maybe it's the DVD/vide cover.

Then there's this one:

Which seems to only be CD.

And this one:

Which is the same SNDTRK I believe, but on LP. (7" w/ same pic).

But I don't really know shit about Lupin, to be honest. Just googling.
    Haven't even seen Caliostro's castle.

Yes, dig soon.