Week-End Finds 2/17

13»

Comments

• is that an Eddie Russ I see?

yeah, funny that! Here I was like "I never see this!"

Props go out to the god Legend for hooking that (and a few others pictured) the fuck up. Folks definitely need to holler at that dude.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    is that an Eddie Russ I see?

yeah, funny that! Here I was like "I never see this!"

Props go out to the god Legend for hooking that (and a few others pictured) the fuck up. Folks definitely need to holler at that dude.

whoa I thought I was on ignore.

I'm bout to E-mail Legend now. I got some shoppings to do.

By the way Buena Park record show yesterday was off the fucking chain. Pics to come when I get a chance to snap (no D4L)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I thought you rolled your own?

Nice road trip - those PS hip hop 45's are dope!
    Do they have instro flips??

• Week(end) finds...hot!

• jezus mike, doubles on VU+Nico with banana peel? whoa.

totally FREEZING presidents day space scrape, the bloody cuticles, the numb knees, but worth it...
    (hatters just hit the back button now...)

3 unplayed claudines all in a row. i know shes no big thing but damn, look at her.
    the most important recording of the 20th century, "East Bound and Down" by Jerry
    Reed. Sweet Donovan cover on Marble Arch. minty earl grant on decca.

turrentine on upfront - pretty gritty for stanley, the usual Upfront mystery
    origin of the tracks. cabo frio is small press late 70s fusiony latin jazz, some
    tepid, some cool. Loudness! japanese metal 1984! Yes! Jeff Lorber is on Inner
    City, 1978, kinda tepid but some cool parts. mary macgregor = i forget, she just
    looked lonely. barry white '76 = ok.

there was literally a whole full box of chet atkins, no repeats. all unplayed.
    dude had like 60 albums in 10 years. i took 6 i didnt have that i rarely if ever
    see.

swamp dogg, early stax comp, van der graff prog gernerator, blue mitchell on blue
    note, main ingredient i never saw before, the one howard roberts i was still
    looking for.

blowfly is our king! force md's with weird shit on the cover i hope cleans off,
    YBS is late 70s r+b/disco, well played and produced, but not earthshaking.
    wendell stuart is bahamas guy, mellow, nice, not gritty (as i hoped), but
    alright. Martinho is GREAT a la Jorge Ben or G.Gil. beautiful folk style.
    comateens 12" is '83, i thought it was late disco at first but i think its white
    guy nyc post punk, danceable, like proto-house kinda... very hard to pin down,
    and whatever it is, its well done.

bobby whiteside is a really white white man on curtom. the DaCosta has been
    escaping me since 1999. gypsy lane is late 70s r+b/semi disco, not bad, not
    great. this t-connection is a TOTAL p-funk rip off (but in a great way! says
    DGA). the Don Randi is a weird Sheffield Labs "box set" but its just 1LP. late
    70s jazz/groovy. festive dancer is small press but havent listened yet so it
    could be anything.

uh... these are all great. but seriously, i am shocked and humbled to find any of
    these, and i thank the diggin gawds sincerely. and except for the BB King, these
    are all in really nice shape. the marva is super clean, its mindbending to see.

this is the LP version of the '95 box set on atlantic/rhino, limited edition
    #296/3000. as a major coltrane fan i'd been hoping to find this for a less than
    astronomical price for a long time.

no cover unfortunately but this is GREAT music.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    J.Paycheck,
    Did you get the Vacations LP from legend?

• J.Paycheck,

Yup.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    jonny-

that george melvin is cool. i like one tune on there, nice mellow day driving tune.

get at me about march. i left a msg. for you earlier.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    J.Paycheck,

Yup.

Is that Death Mix an OG? I checked that out at the shop in B-More and put it back, deciding I couldn't be certain of it's status and the price was WAY too high for a reish. For your sake I hope I was stupid.

• J.Paycheck,

Yup.

Is that Death Mix an OG? I checked that out at the shop in B-More and put it back, deciding I couldn't be certain of it's status and the price was WAY too high for a reish. For your sake I hope I was stupid.

Death Mix is an OG. 'Twas confirmed later that night. If the shop owner is watching, thanks for that! I will be back and I'll bring a goodie or two, maybe some twiddle

• Marcos Valle Garra
    Marcos Valle Viola Enlurada
    Dom Salvador
    Conjunton Bossamba 3d
    Bbem Omado 1972
    Aldemaro Romero y su onda nueva El fabuloso Aldemaro
    Aldemaro Romero y su Onda Nueva En el mundo
    Rosinha da Valenca Apresenta Ipanema beat
    Toquinho
    Meireles e sua orquestra Brasilian explosion

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• J.Paycheck,

Yup.

Death Mix is an OG.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Those Winleys, when the shrink is gone and the sleeve gets a little wear, can be near impossible to identify... I feel your pain

• Those Winleys, when the shrink is gone and the sleeve gets a little wear, can be near impossible to identify... I feel your pain

Yeah thankfully it was brought down in price from what Birdman9 saw... so it doesn't hurt too bad but damn it is hard. Brown card, wear to the sleeve and the wax, looked legit compared to another reissue I saw (how many different repops were there?) one tiny little thing on the label to distinguish it all.

Thankfully there was a semi-recent thread on vinyl exchange about this.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    J.Paycheck,

Yup.

Death Mix is an OG.

Sorry dude.

• eh, no need, I scored plenty over the weekend and I'll at least recoup the cost of that one.