• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    The Best movie ive ever seen. see it immediately

So, better than Kill Bill(s)?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

So, better than Kill Bill(s)?
    unquestionably

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Can someone tell me which scene Tarantino did?

• Options
    You should watch some old fim noir movies, Mack.

K.

• headin to loew's immediately!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts

You obviously have never seen 'It's Pat' The Movie.

I figured you would.

Pat: "Hey, everybody! I played with the Ween!"
    Woman standing nearby: "Ewwwwugh! Sick!"

Pat: "I guess you're going to ask me if I'm a Crip or a Blood, huh?"
    Gangster: "Listen, are you a brotha or a sista?"
    Pat: "Well, I'm an only child."

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
    You should watch some old fim noir movies, Mack.

ahhh

i was a little bit faded last night when i wrote this. not the best movie ever. but definitely the best movie ive seen in years

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    it was good. the film making was

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    From the reviews i've read about it online it's "the movie" to see,i'm anticipating it's release outhere.

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
    it was good. the film making was

It was good. Great even. Balls-to-the-wall filmmaking.
    Probably the closest anyone will ever come to getting a film to look and feel like the comic it was based on (First two Lone Wolf and Cub movies aside - which I've heard Miller say influenced him during the Sin City shoot).
    I do tend to agree with my friend Ric though, who says the movie was so over the top in style that it's kinda like that Daffy Duck cartoon where he drinks all the gasoline and swallows a lighted match as a sort of show-stopper....... "(you) can only do it once".

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    the only way the movie could be better is if they played apache's gangsta bitch during a scene with rosario dawson

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i'm pretty sure that the majority of it was filmed in front of a green screen. the scenes were just too bonkers for them to be filmed on location.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    The movie was definitely cool looking, but I felt that the story was sacrificed in order to get that look and I left feeling a little empty. Plus, I really hate Britney Murphy. But Micket, Clive, Rosario and Benicio were excellent.

• Plus, I really hate Britney Murphy.

the very least she could do is not speak when on camera. uggggh that smoker's voice of her's is just awful. "i heard you were a dope rappa."

i also had a hard time believing that gilmore girls actress... especially when paired up against rosario dawson, who sunk into her role and played it so well (not to mention looked incredible the whole time), whenever she said lines like "i ain't gonna do that" or "he don't gotta do that" it sounded so incredibly forced and uncomfortable. didn't buy her character for a second.

those are my only gripes. the rest of the movie was fantastic.

dude, Bruce Willis obviously stole the whole movie. he was so effing incredible

• i also had a hard time believing that gilmore girls actress... especially when paired up against rosario dawson, who sunk into her role and played it so well (not to mention looked incredible the whole time), whenever she said lines like "i ain't gonna do that" or "he don't gotta do that" it sounded so incredibly forced and uncomfortable. didn't buy her character for a second.

Whoah, wait up. Which Gilmore Girls actress was in it? The mom or the daughter? I gotta admit, that show is one of the few guilty pleasures I allow myself.

• it was pretty good. mickey rourke was lotsa hotties in skanky 80s punk gear was also nice.

• Whoah, wait up. Which Gilmore Girls actress was in it? The mom or the daughter? I gotta admit, that show is one of the few guilty pleasures I allow myself.

Yeah, she's great on Gilmore Girls, but she unfortunately played that exact same role in Sin City and it didn't fit right.

• thiknekthiknek 65 Posts
    it was a dope movie...

Bruce gets to hook up jessica Alba -- insert joey lawrence voice -- whoa!!!

Mickey Rourke kills it
    Powers Boothe kills it
    Frodo charlie brown catholic psycho killer - genius
    Rutger Heuer il canibal papa

It almost totally follows the story line of the comic
    whole color sceme was hot

Next in line is Jerry McGuire vs. The Predator
    aka War of the Worlds

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Clive Owen was dope (Are there any women that isn't in love with this guy yet?)

Miho was wicked... That scene with Clive sinking in the tar... black and white... Brilliant.

But yeah, Mickey Rourke stole the show.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

i am embarassed to say that i recently fell under this category. smoldering

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Not yet, I've seen him in like four things, but it might take a Sin City to turn me.

How was Benicio del Toro...so dreamy...

Benicio was not so dreamy in this one. (sleaze & prosthetic nose)

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Benicio was not so dreamy in this one. (sleaze & prosthetic nose[/b] )

Ummm. I'm speechless.

Whenever I hear prosthetic nose I think of Jacob Two-Two Meets The Hooded Fang. Anyhow, I digress.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I really enjoyed this movie. Thoroughly entertaining.

I will be buying the DVD without hesitation.

You aren't the first or the last I think... Almost ever female friend is all like "Ohhh Clive *SHIVERS*

Not yet, I've seen him in like four things, but it might take a Sin City to turn me.

How was Benicio del Toro...so dreamy...

Did you see Closer?

I hope you were asking MsDamn and not me on the dreamy Del Toro deal... ahaha

You aren't the first or the last I think... Almost ever female friend is all like "Ohhh Clive *SHIVERS*

i liked him in Croupier. and then when i saw him in Closer, I was like whoa dude has thespian chops for days. i def. didn't think he was a fox at first but his craggy, kinda messed up looking face coupled with his dulcet voice is bizarely attractive to me.

anyway, mickey rourke and clive owen were my favorite in sin city. i am glad elijah wood didn't talk because then i wouldn't buy his whole indie cannibal steez. i hope rourke gets more roles after this. dude is a talented actor who habitually made shitty movies late in his career and became hollywood trash. i felt sorry for him for a minute, but i think this role was perfect for him.

• Clive was in those BMW short films a year or two ago when the new 5 series and Z4 came out. Yall should check them out, they were good as hell, had James Brown, Maddonna abunch of other famous people, with big time directors.

They might still be here: www.bmwfilms.com.

Its a series of eight caled "The Hire"