60 Million Paranoid Nuts or Not?? (NRR)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
On the way into work this morning the local radio station reported the supposed results of a national poll that claims one out of every five Americans feel that their phone conversations HAVE been monitored by the U.S. Government.Not that they thought the Government would or could spy on them, these folks feel that they actually HAVE been spied on.Do any of you seriously believe that the Government has listened in to your phone conversations???

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Do any of you seriously believe that the Government has listened in to your phone conversations???

Yes. thats all i wanna say about it.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Tony Rome said the FBI was tapping my telephone.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Do any of you THAT DON'T BUY OR SELL DRUGS REGULARLY[/b] seriously believe that the Government has listened in to your phone conversations???

• It's not a case of 'listening in' any more. Computers are programmed to look out for key words. If you say the wrong word then your conversation will be electronically transcribed and then possibly end up on someone's desk.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It's not a case of 'listening in' any more. Computers are programmed to look out for key words. If you say the wrong word then your conversation will be electronically transcribed and then possibly end up on someone's desk.

ooohh... that is awesome! What words?

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    It's not a case of 'listening in' any more. Computers are programmed to look out for key words. If you say the wrong word then your conversation will be electronically transcribed and then possibly end up on someone's desk.

Yeah, exactly - there's not some guy tuning into your particular call, the gov't screens all calls.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Phew, good thing all my phone calls sound like this:

"Hey man, what's TERRORISM IRAQ AL QUEDA GEORGE BUSH AIRPLANE TORTURE MILITARY BOMB PLANE TERRORISM IRAQ really good?"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I bet "East Of Underground" is on the list!!

• Tony Rome said the FBI was tapping my telephone.

Yessir. That's why the posse's always ready and they're waiting and MY home.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I think they get pretty rediculous. I recall hearing that the guy who runs the Bomb Hip Hop label got harassed the hell out of.

I tell you who's paranoid! All these people cosigning on the government doing anything the fuck it wants as long as they protect us from big bad terrorists.

People in miidle of nowhere kansas scared that their town hall might be the next target!

millions of americans who rushed out to buy duct tape and gunz when the threat color bar jumps to "elevated" status.

Thinking the Gov't is listening to your phone calls is not paranoid, its pretty well established fact.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Popcorn![/b]

- spidey

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I have very publicly stated that I oppose the war in Iraq and the policies of this administration. I belong to a business organization that was formed to voice opposition to war in Iraq.

The US government is known to have spied on groups opposing the Iraq war. If they were tapping my phone I would not be least surprised.

I have a different perspective than some people. I was arrested along with 7,000 other Americans in the largest mass arrest in our nations history. I remember watching my government shoot and kill peaceful anti-war protesters. I remember them infiltrating lawful anti-war organizations. I remember our government systematically jailing and assassination Black Panther leaders. I remember the city of Philadelphia fire bombing a whole neighborhood to take out a group they did not like.

I remember this president saying that he has the power to listen to any telephone conversation he deems necessary. I remember this president ignoring the flooding of New Orleans. I remember this president promising to rebuild New Orleans. I remember this president not rebuilding New Orleans, but instead cutting off $$ for housing of displaced.

Do I think 100% of 60 million peoples phone calls are analyzed? No. Do I think that this president is closely monitoring all who oppose his policies and may be monitoring many of their calls? Of course.

I think you naivety is sweet. Never lose that.

Dan

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    [/b]60 Million Paranoid Nuts or Not??[/b]
    minus all the newborns, children and all others that do not use phones/know how to operate them for some reason.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Shit, if they're spying on the Quakers, there's not much reason to think they don't check my phone from time to time, especially considering how often I shit on the Bush administration. I'm not talking about any sort of paranoid "the gub'mint's out to git me!" type of mess--I'm not nearly self-important enough to think I'm worth that kind of effort--but I wouldn't doubt that they've at least given me a once-over.

If they're listening to my phone conversations, though, they're probably ending up very bored and confused.

• Do any of you THAT DON'T BUY OR SELL DRUGS REGULARLY[/b] seriously believe that the Government has listened in to your phone conversations???

Hahahahaha....

I almost spit soda all over the radio station computer when I read this,
    I'm not even supposed to have soda in here...

• This is the sort of world we live in now.

Britain will be first country to monitor every car journey[/b]

By Steve Connor, Science Editor
    Published: 22 December 2005

Britain is to become the first country in the world where the movements of all vehicles on the roads are recorded. A new national surveillance system will hold the records for at least two years.

Using a network of cameras that can automatically read every passing number plate, the plan is to build a huge database of vehicle movements so that the police and security services can analyse any journey a driver has made over several years.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/transport/article334686.ece

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Phew, good thing all my phone calls sound like this:

"Hey man, what's TERRORISM IRAQ AL QUEDA GEORGE BUSH AIRPLANE TORTURE MILITARY BOMB PLANE TERRORISM IRAQ really good?"

haha...

but now you

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Were getting micro chipped id cards in the uk soon. Thanks tony! We'll have to pay for the priveledge to own 1 too. I think i might be considered a terrorist threat in future.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

millions of americans who rushed out to buy duct tape and gunz when the threat color bar jumps to "elevated" status.

i used to try to coordinate the colors of my clothes to the color of the terror threat, but it seems they abandoned this system... what happened? i am naked