lovesick.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
So I made this little mix/compilation to give to the regulars at my weekly. I had originally planned to have an anti-Valentine's/heartbreak night as an alternative to all the couples things going on around town, but then my co-DJ had to go and fall in love so we decided to scrap the idea. I'm giving the CD's out anyways in case some of these lovebirds fall out the nest. Misery loves company sweet, sorrowful music.This is dedicated to all you sad bastards out there, male and female.Hope you like it.Herm Part 1. 01???grover???what do i do when i'm alone?02???sunny & the sunliners???i have no one03???ralfi pagan???loneliest loneliness04???peggy lee???me & my shadow05???sylvia???sunday06???intruders???memories are here to stay07???ann peebles???i still love you08???harold melvin & the blue notes???i miss you09???the whispers???my illusions10???the main ingredient???over you11???bettye swann???i'm lonely for youPart 2.12???sunny & the sunliners???give me time13???loleatta holloway???cry to me14???natalie cole???good morning heartache15???susanna & the magical orchestra???jolene16???stevie wonder???rocket love17???johnnie ray???i'll never fall in love again18???patsy cline???walking after midnight19???jay-z???soon you'll understand20???mo thugs ft. tre???take your time21???kanye west???apologize22???al green???have you been making out okay23???gilbert o'sullivan???alone again naturally (outro)

Comments

• i love it!

• Great great stuff, i love some of these selections, that Ann Peebles track is timeless

My only critique is that you should've featured Bettye Swanns "time to say goodbye", that must be one of the saddest songs EVER

Great stuff!

Leo

• Downloading right now,

Thank you!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

Although...

17???johnnie ray???i'll never fall in love again

=

• Thanks for this great mix, I am cryin

• Awesome! And the cheap-hallmark-card-knock-off font is fantastico!

• Link doesn't work. I think the downloads maxed out already.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Link doesn't work. I think the downloads maxed out already.

Re-up please?

• Link doesn't work. I think the downloads maxed out already.

Re-up please?

Thanks for checking it out everybody!

Unfortunately, I'm stuck at work so I can't re-up it 'til tonight. Maybe somebody that's already DL'ed it can do it for me?

Herm

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Can someone reup part one? I can get part 2 when I get to work. I want to play part 1 at work so customers leave faster.

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    can anybody reup this?/ pleaseeee, i need to hear this today

• can anybody reup this?/ pleaseeee, i need to hear this today

I got you. Yousendit's taking a while, though.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im upping part 2 right now if you want to free up some upload speed for part 1

• Part 1.

Thanks, Brian!

• Thanks for this great mix, I am cryin

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    thanx alot hotsauce and brian for uppin part 2.

JKriss

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yo, the first one should be cool for me to play at work, right?

• yo, the first one should be cool for me to play at work, right?

Definitely.

Part 2.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    fucking grover haha, this girl ordering shit was looking at me all crazy and i was trying hard not to laugh.

another link for part two: http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0SDVUDSRZCDM90SEIK2JY8LMP9

• Why does it keep saying "you are ignoring this user"? Then when I reply I can see everything..

fixed-ed it.

you sad emo-frijole

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

I'll be using this

• I'll be using this

Haha! Glad you like it. It's my gift to Daze.

Herm

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Thanks H*rm, but it's dead again - any chance for a 3rd try @ an alternate webshare site - e.g. Rapidshare?

Thanks once more...

• Thanks H*rm, but it's dead again - any chance for a 3rd try @ an alternate webshare site - e.g. Rapidshare?

Thanks once more...

Damn, I wonder why they're not lasting?

Looks like Rapidshare's gonna take an hour(!) to load. Oh well, I'll post it when it's done.

Herm

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Damn, I wonder why they're not lasting?

Looks like Rapidshare's gonna take an hour(!) to load. Oh well, I'll post it when it's done.

I think it's b/c of the size of the files (around 90 MB if I'm not mistaken) - YouSendIt still has a policy whereby if there's excessive bandwidth demand owing to a particular DL, it'll have a pretty short lifespan if that...

Thanks for the effort H*rm - looking forward to hearing the first part of the mix...

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

H*rm -

Thanks again, just wondering if there's another link indicated on the Rapidshare page - this appears to direct one towards the option of UL'ing?

Thanks...

• H*rm -

Thanks again, just wondering if there's another link indicated on the Rapidshare page - this appears to direct one towards the option of UL'ing?

Thanks...

This one?

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

That's the one! Much gratitude to you for the time spent in UL'ing thrice...

• dj kissyface is lonely for 11's...
    (my heart is) closed for the season.

....boooh brings niagara falls to my eyes