REAL HEADZ IS BACK!

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    High Lifes (Lives?)

• somebody with the "ability" to download should just get everything and then go on soulseek. That would be funny to watch people start losing their shit about how exclusive such precious mp3's are supposed to be. Real Headz is some upper echelon of snobbery.
    You're a fucking idiot. This shit is to keep people who don't contribute out of shit. Lurkers use up yousendit links or people's bandwidth before anyone who actually contributes can get anything. Give before you receive. Fucking Communists.

Yeah, you know what? I posted 3 or 4 albums in Real Headz back the first time and didn't download a whole lot. I don't have a job right now and can't afford to donate so I'm shit out of luck... But guess what? It's not really me that's shit out of luck, it's the people Real Headz that are shit out of luck because they're not getting what I'd post if I was in there. Before it disappeared the first time I was set to post up a bootleg of a live Meters show from 1975, and now that Real Headz iss a nightclub with an admission fee I'll just enjoy the bootleg for myself, no big shit to me.

• Like Ed said earlier, most of the MP3's COME FROM Soulseek.

I can't speak for other people, but of the 4 or so albums I posted I know that three of them I ripped from vinyl myself, and the other thing I posted was a repost of something somebody else had posted that they *did* get from SoulSeek but the fucking bitrates were all over the map, so I bought the album on CD and made a fresh quality rip and posted it.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I think people need to reassess their opinions of realheadz. I mean, it's not the end-all online forum for all things facemelt. It's just a forum for auditory exchange of musical opinion. I think it's absolutely appropriate that Raj is offering this as a bonus for site donations. Will this alone make me donate? Probably not. But getting ass-hurt over dudes gettng something you don't because they paid for it and you didn't is kind of lame. It wasn't there before, so by not taking part in it you don't lose anything. So why the hate?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    SOmebody donate for me! Im broke but im a real head! Ive been here for like 50 years!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I don't think people understand the cost it takes to run a site like this. Not only with bandwidth, but even the time Raj puts into the site is a factor. For every hour he puts into the site, it's an hour taken from something else he could have been doing. Be it making money somehow else or just time with his family. From the 3-4 years I've been on here, I haven't really seen him ever really ask for anything and it wasn't even him that brought up the donation deal (I believe somebody else did). Raj turned around after that and as a thank you he brought out the real headz as a show of thx for the donation gesture. It has nothing to do with being a "Big Dude/Little Dude" or even your post count (Eventhough a high post count means ur probably using more bandwidth on the site than a lurker and is costing Raj more money). I don't think it's really that big of a deal to pass on $10-15 bucks to the site every 6 months or something. I mean, I think the first day I came on here and made $15 bucks off a shitty ass record from which I got some info from here on.

But like people say, get soulseek and there's more than enough "free" shit on there for you.

Bsides check ur PM

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I don't think people understand the cost it takes to run a site like this. Not only with bandwidth, but even the time Raj puts into the site is a factor. For every hour he puts into the site, it's an hour taken from something else he could have been doing. Be it making money somehow else or just time with his family. From the 3-4 years I've been on here, I haven't really seen him ever really ask for anything and it wasn't even him that brought up the donation deal (I believe somebody else did). Raj turned around after that and as a thank you he brought out the real headz as a show of thx for the donation gesture. It has nothing to do with being a "Big Dude/Little Dude" or even your post count (Eventhough a high post count means ur probably using more bandwidth on the site than a lurker and is costing Raj more money). I don't think it's really that big of a deal to pass on $10-15 bucks to the site every 6 months or something. I mean, I think the first day I came on here and made $15 bucks off a shitty ass record from which I got some info from here on.

But like people say, get soulseek and there's more than enough "free" shit on there for you.

Bsides check ur PM

Damn, well put. In another thread I got a few backs up when I wrote that the whole real headz/little dude etc was bullshit, I was referring more to attitudes than the real headz forum, anyways it was before RAJ reinstated it.

I agree with what you have written, hell i spend enough time just surfing this puppy, i can only imagine the time spent in order to keep this site going so fukkos like myself can be entertained.

Im sending some hard earned euros, and it aint because i want acess to the VIP room. shit, i can barely listen to all the music i have already, it makes no differance to me if i have access to secret squirrel downloads or not, naaa, im sending the cash to say thanks.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Yeah, you know what? I posted 3 or 4 albums in Real Headz back the first time and didn't download a whole lot. I don't have a job right now and can't afford to donate so I'm shit out of luck... But guess what? It's not really me that's shit out of luck, it's the people Real Headz that are shit out of luck because they're not getting what I'd post if I was in there. Before it disappeared the first time I was set to post up a bootleg of a live Meters show from 1975, and now that Real Headz iss a nightclub with an admission fee I'll just enjoy the bootleg for myself, no big shit to me.

I can't speak for other people, but of the 4 or so albums I posted I know that three of them I ripped from vinyl myself, and the other thing I posted was a repost of something somebody else had posted that they *did* get from SoulSeek but the fucking bitrates were all over the map, so I bought the album on CD and made a fresh quality rip and posted it.

H2>KEEP MY USERNAME OUT YOUR MOUTH/H2>
    Dude, seriously - don't you have better things to do? Looking for a job might be a good start.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    haha i can't believe this dude is still salty about bit rates of free music

relax man

• This thread reminds me of children fighting over their dead parents' estates.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

Dude, seriously - don't you have better things to do? Looking for a job might be a good start.

DAMN! Drewn copping 'tude! I love it. You're usually so peaceful.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    This thread reminds me of children fighting over their dead parents' estates.

DAMN! Drewn copping 'tude! I love it. You're usually so peaceful.

This is like the 3rd time Tuff_Dong has come at me about some Tom Brock MP3s! Check his recent posts, I'll bet you those were the last three things he's posted on here. I think he has a crush on me or something.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I think he has a crush on me or something.

Who would have a crush on a man with his mp3s bitrates all over the place. That speaks volumens of your personality.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    shit, i can barely listen to all the music i have already, it makes no differance to me if i have access to secret squirrel downloads or not

This is no lie... Just lastnight my gurl asked me "Are you ever even going to listen to half the crap you got?" My reply was "Listen? It's going to take me 3 years just to sort the shit."

To be serious, I could really care less about mp3's. I'd rather have 3% of it on a record.

Somebody give someone some clown. ?Bitches?

• In all, I only downloaded four albums off of the Real Headz??? forum when it used to be up. Different tastes for different people, I guess. I just cant get into the "its rare, so its dope" philosophy which a lot of people on here seem to be into(granted, now that I think about it, there was some dope shit on there that I missed out on). Although, I didnt really use the forum(much), I will still be donating again when I can.

Soulstrut=the one site I have viewed almost everyday for several years now. scary shit.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    What's the big fuss over ?

If all you want to do when you come to Soul Strut is download MP3's, then what's the problem?

If all you want to do is post comments and remarks in the Forums section, then what's wrong with that?

If you're satisfied with uploading DJ mixes, what's wrong?

See where I'm going at. I think one negative to was the crybabies whining about bitrates and schitt. If the audio doesn't suit you, go out and buy the fucking album.

Peace,
    MB

Soulstrut=the one site I have viewed almost everyday for several years now.

This is pretty much what it boils down to. And we're not even talking about all the real world moves I've made with people on here, etc., etc. Why wouldn't you donate? How many dollars a month do you give to people asking for change on the streets, even? If the board crash didn't engender that appreciation, nuffing vill!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    In all, I only downloaded four albums off of the Real Headz??? forum when it used to be up. Different tastes for different people, I guess. I just cant get into the "its rare, so its dope" philosophy which a lot of people on here seem to be into(granted, now that I think about it, there was some dope shit on there that I missed out on). Although, I didnt really use the forum(much), I will still be donating again when I can.

Soulstrut=the one site I have viewed almost everyday for several years now. scary shit.

The forum is back on-line as a 'thank you.' Heck, I got so fed-up with the place that I took it off line for awhile, BUT, now that I had some time to breath, I miss it. It was immensely popular and for good reason. It allowed people to appease their curiosity about a lot of records (GOOD and BAD). It's not a holier than thou rare is better hang out.

Yes, 3/4ths of the stuff is on Soulseek, but I don't have time to go on there anymore, and when I do from home, I'm on a MAC.

• RAJ is a pimp

• I don't understand all the insults and bad words goin on here.....

.especially that guy "brian" is a champ in that field

the guy always come out to say belligerant shit....it's impressive how when I read a thread with his posts, I always find there is a riot goin on

that character come straight out of a comic book.....

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

This is pretty much what it boils down to. And we're not even talking about all the real world moves I've made with people on here, etc., etc. Why wouldn't you donate? How many dollars a month do you give to people asking for change on the streets, even? If the board crash didn't engender that appreciation, nuffing vill!

i agree 100%. if raj came out and said 'y'all have to pay to post here', paypal would be sent in a hot second. shit, i'd pay to PM here.

but i'm still wondering what constitutes a donation. so far, from what i've read, only those who donated after the board came back up get access. but it seems like those who've donated in past, using other means (highing fly, sayer t's, banners, shill ebay bids etc..) aren't allowed access.

is this the case raj? anyone? i'm not trying to beef just curious what ground lift needs to do to be able to contribute mp3s.

i agree 100%. if raj came out and said 'y'all have to pay to post here', paypal would be sent in a hot second. shit, i'd pay to PM here.

but i'm still wondering what constitutes a donation. so far, from what i've read, only those who donated after the board came back up get access. but it seems like those who've donated in past, using other means (highing fly, sayer t's, banners, shill ebay bids etc..) aren't allowed access.

is this the case raj? anyone? i'm not trying to beef just curious what ground lift needs to do to be able to contribute mp3s.

Not speaking for RAJ, but this seems like a new donation period. I don't expect my title payment from several months ago to count for what's going on now. And as if we needed another reason, we shouldn't underestimate all the work done on his part during the board upgrade. It's a new day here on SoulStrut! Well, not really. It's another day here on SoulStrut. Still, gotta love that.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    It's another day here on SoulStrut. Still, gotta love that.

and with that: you've got paypal raj.

i expect all lurkers to follow suit.

• This is like the 3rd time Tuff_Dong has come at me about some Tom Brock MP3s! Check his recent posts, I'll bet you those were the last three things he's posted on here. I think he has a crush on me or something.

I'm just glad to know I can get under your skin so easily without even mentioning your name. Really, that warms my heart more than anything.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

This is like the 3rd time Tuff_Dong has come at me about some Tom Brock MP3s! Check his recent posts, I'll bet you those were the last three things he's posted on here. I think he has a crush on me or something.

I'm just glad to know I can get under your skin so easily without even mentioning your name. Really, that warms my heart more than anything.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• ZINGALAMADUNI!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    All of this is pretty ridiculous.

I didn't even know about the Real Headz thing until Raj mentioned it. After the board crashed and folks were talking about what it costs to run this site, I thought it was about that time to contribute some funds ON GP. Not because I thought I was going to get something out of it.
    Isn't this site enough?
    Plus, I don't come on here to download MP3's, I do it so I can feel better about myself after reading most of your posts.

I know Drew already summed it up perfectly, but for real:

Everybody[/b] bitching about goddamn MP3's and throw in what you got.

• This is like the 3rd time Tuff_Dong has come at me about some Tom Brock MP3s! Check his recent posts, I'll bet you those were the last three things he's posted on here. I think he has a crush on me or something.

Yeah, RAJ, that pretty much assures I'll never contribute. Congrats. I know you really care though, so whatever.